Gotards etarnally BTFO

github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good

Other urls found in this thread:

git.fsfe.org/
nomad.so/2015/03/why-gos-design-is-a-disservice-to-intelligent-programmers/
nomad.so/about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying there are gotards
Anti-Go shills are so ridiculous with their brazen assumptions about what kinds of people exist in the world.

>tfw no plan9 rewritten in go

>un-googlable name
This is more like fault of shitty Google search engine which won't let me select some specific meaning of words even optionally.

What is it about programming language arguing that gets everyone so riled up?

>pointers are bad thing
>oop is a good thing
>being compiled is a bad thing

I agree that go not having a ternary operator is fucking stupid though.

There is literally nothing wrong with go

>designed for stupid people
>no function overloading
>confusing/stupid syntax
>no immutables
how will gotards ever recover?

>author is a PHP and JavaScript babby

Literally "Please gib upboats /r/programming" the repository

>t. go toddler

>Literally c-style as an argument
>Second most prevalent argument is CURRENT_YEAR
>Complai s about the absence of OOP and func progr garbage
>There are peope who can't google "golang"

WTF I like Go even more now.

Go is a fine language for the average Google developer :^)

Another trash programming language bash thread.

Things not wrong with golang:
>Pretty much every single thing those people are complaining about

Things actually wrong with golang:
>Muh Generics
>No ternary operator (for some reason)
>Using the environment is fucking retarded
>It's expected that any file under a new package name is to be portable, reusable library code, and not just part of a personal project you're not redistributing
>Everything is tied to github for some obscene reason

>github

git.fsfe.org/

this one is comfy

No ternary is intentional. To avoid shit like this:

FailSafe==0?'No technical alarms':((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&2)!=0&&(FailSafe&4)!=0&&(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state; Bad visibility;
Initialization; Bad configuration':((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&2)!=0&&(FailSafe&4)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state; Bad visibility; Initialization':
((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&2)!=0&&(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state; Bad visibility; Bad configuration':((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&4)!=0&&
(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state; Initialization; Bad configuration':((FailSafe&2)!=0&&(FailSafe&4)!=0&&(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Bad visibility;
Initialization; Bad configuration':((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&2)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state; Bad visibility':((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&4)!=0?'Detection
zones staying in a given state; Initialization':((FailSafe&1)!=0&&(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state; Bad configuration':((FailSafe&2)!=0&&
(FailSafe&4)!=0?'Bad visibility; Initialization':((FailSafe&2)!=0&&(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Bad visibility; Bad configuration':((FailSafe&4)!=0&&(FailSafe&8)!=0?'Initialization; Bad
configuration':((FailSafe&1)!=0?'Detection zones staying in a given state':((FailSafe&2)!=0?'Bad visibility':((FailSafe&4)!=0?'Initialization':((FailSafe&8)!=0?'Bad
configuration':'Unknown')))))))))))))))

But I think a limited ternary would be sweet.

is C-STYLE the tech CURRENT YEAR?

the fuck am i looking at

>No ternary operator
Forgivable
>Everything is tied to github
The actual fuck?

>Bad visibility

You can say that again

It's not SPECIFICALLY tied to github, but they've pretty much made the standard "host all your libraries on github and we'll pull them in directly from there"
This also has the hilariously fucking dumb side-effect of no package version controlling, so if that person merges a pull request that ends up fucking up some package you were using, you're shit out of luck.

Honestly the language itself is fine. Enjoyable even. It's reasonable fast, very easy to write in, and is impressively easy to read. It also makes concurrency a breeze.
But the whole library management system and the environment itself makes it nothing more than a hobby language, like Haskell.

Go, more like Go Away

> weird mascot (gopher)

fucking btfo holy shit how can go ever recover it's practically dead already just because of that

I have maintained really big enterprise projects that didn't use OOP and I wanted to kill myself everyday. So yes, OOP is a good thing, NEET.

Specifically, what parts of OOP made you tolerate your enterprise job?

>un-googlable name
Everyone has been googling golang since it came out.
>complaining just to complain

Its type system could be more robust but that's pretty much it.

Rather than trying to prevent this shit by limiting the language, we should be working on preventing people who write shit like this. These people bring nothing of value to the world anyway.

>No ternary operator (for some reason)
Ternary operators are pretty useless in my opinion. They don't make the code clearer nor less readable. They're only useful when you absolutely want your conditional assignment take only one line for some reason.

>>designed for stupid people
Just like C back in the good old days when it was considered a high level language.

>It's not SPECIFICALLY tied to github, but they've pretty much made the standard "host all your libraries on github and we'll pull them in directly from there"
Yeah but thankfully you can also host your stuff on your own git hosting site and go get won't complain. Or you can just keep all your stuff in gopath/src/local if you want. That would be retarded though.
>This also has the hilariously fucking dumb side-effect of no package version controlling, so if that person merges a pull request that ends up fucking up some package you were using, you're shit out of luck.
That's what vendoring is for.

Or you can join the MASTER RACE of package management and use gx.

the mascot is there to remind you are a mere mechanical lemming without talent or intelligence
your sole purpose as a go koder is to type letters.
> They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software.
nomad.so/2015/03/why-gos-design-is-a-disservice-to-intelligent-programmers/

>Just like C back in the good old days when it was considered a high level language.
which perfectly explains the regression of smart people

nomad.so/about/
I trust this guy. He sounds very intelligant.
Also his first example is pretty fucking retarded and looks like it was written by someone who just finished clicking through the go playground without really reading anything.