General Android tweaks, roms, etc. thread? Just installed pic related on my Moto G3 with the su addon...

General Android tweaks, roms, etc. thread? Just installed pic related on my Moto G3 with the su addon. It's snappy as fuck and I didn't have to go through magisk autism to use Snapchat along with root.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g
forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-android-nougat-sdk-25-arm64-t3639221
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Erhh, I like to root girls

forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g
/thread

By the SU addon do you mean SuperSU?

wipe the rom and install crdroid + micro g

Nah LineageOS has it's own root add-on. I was using SuperSU on the stock rom before today, and it was a heaping pile of proprietary shit, on top of being readily detected.

Lineage offers its own root binary, and the manager integrates with the settings menu beautifully
It works fine on my phone, but not on my tablet, so I guess you'd just have to try and see if it works. I used SuperSU on my tablet then, and it works flawlessly

Stock was good too if you removed all the Moto/Google bullshit. Lineage OS seems perfectly suited for the G3.

I hear Replicant is the secure OS. What can you guys tell me about it.

Running Lineage on my Moto X Style, handles like a dream. I wish there was a way to bring the Pixel's UI over though, nothing I've seen so far works well. That's just a minor complaint though.

Just bought second handed nexus 6p, it seems dude liked to custumize stuff, as i can see it has TWRP, some kind of custom rom installed, I want to make this phone fully default on everything, stock firmwre, stock recovery or whatever, unroot it, litteraly to make it like from the facatry. How i can do this? There is so much shit he changed i cant even recognise what he has done.

btw he may have installed some botnet to follow me or smth. I want to purge everything

have the G3, can confirm.

get the stock binary from google since its made by google, and flash it

And this gonna reinstall/delete everything? twrp, other custom shit he made? I bet you can hide somewhere some stuff that even flashing the rom wont help. Fuck, its been a while i used an android phone, don't know how the shits works.

on the nexus 5 you can hide stuff on the /persist partition, and it won't get deleted by flashes or resets, but it's not useful to install backdoors or viruses, just to change the wifi/bt MAC and some extra files.
I wouldn't worry about it, since flashing an official image flashes modem, bootloader, kernel, system, and other stuff so you should be safe.

Why are people still replying?

Step up the hacker gaems!

>You're already rooted so...
>Download undeleter from the Play Store
>Recover n00dz
>??
>Profit

Seriously though, consider all the shit that can be recovered when you sell your phones. I've recovered pics and vids from flashed devices man.

Why cr over LOS?

Will flashing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S3 will breathe a new life to it?
Or it's outdated.

I thought you can't recover deleted files from phones?

Is this reddit?

Why are you asking?
You can't.
Unless phones uses HDD.

Yes you can niggers, give the app a try, it works!!

You mean the launcher? Try Lawnchair (foss with google feed and all the good stuff + some customization)

I'm new to this, what are some good ROMs to install on an xperia m4 aqua?

The simple act of installing the app will hinder the ability of recovering any files.

I tried using Lineage but it didn't have working LTE on my G4 Play.

Fuck, didn't thought about that, whatever, already locked the bootloader and installed original stock google rom

>I hear Replicant is the secure OS.
Replicant is a random project by GNU to make a completely free phone operating system. Problem is, there's tons of hardware that manufacturers don't want to open source or document. So basically what we get are support for old as fuck phones only and even if they are supported, half of it's core functionality doesn't even work.

How so?

Try Firefox Focus as a browser

Nukes all those highly annoying overlays/popups/ads/bullshit, ephemeral browsing so no history, fast as fuck, no tabs tho.

When you install a program or copy a file or ADD DATA to a system it writes the data to the drive.

Agree, but! You'll overwrite a couple of MB whereas there are potentially GB of recoverable media.

>potentially GB
And only few MB that matters.
That's why you need to recover the files in another way.

Xposed for Nougat when?
O is coming out soon and rovo is still dead.

> support for old as fuck phones only and even if they are supported, half of it's core functionality doesn't even work.

Every FSF-endorsed GNU/Linux distribution in a nutshell.

Android has built-in full disk encryption. That'll be secure against data recovery.

>Only a few MB that matters
How come you are this fucking dense.
Do you even belong to Sup Forums?

ANY recoverable data is a breach into your privacy and security, especially with a smartphone that holds tons of personal info, even more than a PC (depends on the person).
If there is any recoverable data you might want to give it a shot, the app even gives you the option to scramble the recoverable data so you can sell the phone safely.

FDE is only enabled by default since 6.0, and in vanilla Android (read Nexus) most OEMs disable it by default because it slows down the write/read speeds of the device.

Now you're just shilling the app.

F2FS, anyone using it? Is it better than ext4? or no different?

If you use it, what partitions have you converted?

magisk > *

Now ;^)

It's been so long since we've had a compatible xposed I forgot what I used to use it for. It's kinda redundant now.

>forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-android-nougat-sdk-25-arm64-t3639221
>it's real

Holy shit.
Have you come across any bugs yet?

From what I've tried:
Adblock reborn caused a bootloop.
Greenify doesn't work.
Neither does Lucky Patcher.

And to make it worse, those are the only modules that I really need.

why do people use the lucky patcher module anyway? it works fine without it

You don't have to patch every app if you want in-app purchases redirection.
It's more of a convenience thing.

Watching a livetream on yt while extracting a large RAR file while charing my phone while google play is updating 64 apps heats my s4 mini up to like 82 degrees C
wtfuck
LineageOS14 btw

Can I remove gapps from stock android? My does have an unofficial lineage build for it but I'm kind of wary to use it because it looks like it still has quirks.

yes but unless you know what you're doing you really shouldn't and the fact that you're asking means you don't know what you're doing

You can but don't touch the system partition. Use magisk.

I really with the Netflix app was open source. My Nexus 7 2013 has working DRM/widevine on the latest LineageOS nightlies, but Netflix's app for whatever reason can't detect it for whatever reason. I'm uncomfortable flashing random proprietary blobs onto my device, so fixes involving that method are a no go for me, and even if I didn't have reservations, there's no guarantee that they'd work

pirate tv shows you fucking retard goy

It doesn't matter how I choose consume media, the issue still exists

it *does* matter you fucking moron. if you pirated tv shows like all non-retarded people, you would simply open the video file in VLC or mpv-android or even MX player and it just fucking werks without DRM turds in your device. I have never paid for media and never had to care about injecting shit into my device that I don't need. Yet I watch about 16 hours of tv/anime per week.

If all people did as you there'd be no shows for you to watch. Never preach piracy to those funding your entertainment.

Fucking Lineage OS is bugged to fucking all hell. Cant get profiles working properly, navigation keys fucked, bluetooth worthless.

Shits so bugged, I bit the bullet and bought a newish phone that runs stock Nougat.

>there'd be no shows for you to watch
I wouldn't even notice, I watch a lot of old stuff as well as the new. If all new media creation suddenly ceased I would still have a backlog long enough to last me about 10 years, not even including games. New stuff is typically shit anyway.

You're not funding my entertainment, you're funding some fat kike's menorah. Even if idiots like you stopped buying it they wouldn't stop producing it, just to keep morons brainwashed into their stupid marxist jewified culture.

werks alright on my device.
battery might not be the best, since the ROM and it is a phablet device

I made a thread because I'm a bit annoyed that my phone is connecting to google despite running CM12.1 without Gapps, but I got no answers. Can someone with Lineage post their Net Monitor? Also an explanation of those connections is welcome if you have any clue

internet availability check?

Which phone tho. It's perfectly fine on my OnePlus One.

If you are serious (even if your name makes me think you aren't) please elaborate

Just flash a new ROM and recovery retard. No need to revert back to stock. Stay on lineage or you will not get any updates you retard.

Whats wrong with regular firefox + uBlock?

>he thinks a phone running Android created by Google won't call home
>look at him, look at him and laugh

i don't see no google there

Whenever I upgrade the Lineage version through it's built in upgrader, do I have to reinstall the su zip when it boots into a recovery afterwards?

Isn't 1e100.net a google server?

I'm on AOSP with root and Xposed, using Snapchat, no magisk. You just have to use rootcloak, disable Xposed, login to snap and re-enable xposed

Blaming Foss for the failures of hardware manufacturers is a pretty steep low for you wincucks.

>They have made a SU root version for their own OS because regular version has issues.

Ftfy.
I installed Lineage last week and until now I like it. But Adaway doesn't work 100% here. Now I'm seeing ads on YouTube (but I'm in Japan right now and maybe that's why...)

Is there any need for xposed framework anymore? I only used it for xprivacy...
Tbh, I used xprivacy for many years and was very content with it. Now without it I don't know... Is xprivacy really needed or are intern privacy settings enough?

Pic related. What am I doing right/wrong?

How to stop a phone made by brand X without stock android calling home?

At least you don't have a system process connecting to google. Can you tap on Dev Tools to show the details?

Minminguard
Amplify
Greenify

Paranoid android performs really great, I wonder how they do it so much better than linageos/pajeetroms

if ure still here:
when you're using magisk or lineage's root you don't have to since they use addon.d (same way gapps survive updates)
not sure about supersu but you shouldn't be using it anymore anyway

Bought htc u11 a few weeks ago, anyone running lineage on it yet?

Thanks user!

Guys I need your help! I want to make my shitty chinese tablet have Nougat installed and I want to delete the bloat ware. How do I do dis?? Halp!