Is facebook dying?

Is facebook dying?
Really, I don't use facebook anymore. Why? Because whatsapp exists for talking to people. You can make your own groups, share media, and it's incredibly simple.
Besides, every fucking body and their grandma uses a phone these days, and to chat and communicate, everyone prefers using whatsapp over facebook.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/facebook.html
veekaybee.github.io/facebook-is-collecting-this/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whatsapp is part of facebook.

Install gentoo.

And youtube is part of google. Your point?

People in developing countries use Facebook literally as a web browser not going to happen in at least 5 years.

I didn't say right now. But it's pretty obvious it has been losing steam for the past couple of years.
Android recently beat Windows as the most utilized OS worldwide. It's a clear indication that mobiles are taking over desktop computers.

I hate facebook, but whatsapp also sucks because it's tied to a phone number.

Just build your own xmpp server, or find à friend / community who got one and install pidgin and/or conversation

This, mexifag here, everyone sitll uses Facebook
>user you don't have a Facebook? Wot

I don't even see the point of Facebook.

I do have a phone and WhatsApp and that's already enough.

>everyone prefers using whatsapp over facebook.
Is this a troll or...?

Facebook has done a very good job at diversifying.

Why the fuck would I use facebook other than to see my hot friends pics or troll post in my friends walls?

people from Sup Forums really use facebook?
you are al stupid

nadie usa facebook ya, todos andan en el güats

Whatever you speak in whatsapp, you'll see ads relevant to them in Facebook.

Coño negro responde en inglés que estos yanquis después se quejan

>whatsapp
Are you a third-worlder by any chance?

boomers, gen x, and some Millennials are the bulk of Facebook. I only have a profile because some interviewers might want to see my "social media presence"

>good good
the fad dies out

Facebook also owns Instagram

The social media bubble will be the next .com bubble. All social networking websites will suffer from it when it bursts, including Facebook. They won't "die" but they'll lose a lot of their momentum.

Facebook has already lost much of its momentum. These days it's extremely boring. It's full of middle aged single mothers talking about celebrity gossip and creepy Indians and Middle Easterners stalking said single mothers.

Facebook is the epitome of "uncool" unless you're in some developing country where it's all the rage right now. A lot of the Western young people have moved on from it ages ago and on some level I think the Zucc is aware of this and it's making him very nervous.

> whatsapp
enjoy your botnet

Can't use whatsuck on my computer without keeping my smartphone turned on with that shit sucking battery.
Fucking dropped.

Nobody uses Facebook anymore in sense of posting statuses etc. Everybody moved to Whatsapp/Instagram/Snapchat for picture sharing.
Everybody has profile, and it's only purpose is to let people know when your birthday is.
I for one don't need some random fucks wishing me all the best in such an insincere way, but it's pretty cool that my mom found a school friend who moved to Australia. They haven't spoken in like 25 years and all of a sudden they find each other on Facebook.

[citation needed]

Is there a social network which encourages privacy?

This is how I feel about Kakao. I just use facebook because my family is on facebook

>people keep using whatsapp over telegram
Whatsapp literally is the Mac OS if instant messaging

>yanquis
>2017

stallman.org/facebook.html
veekaybee.github.io/facebook-is-collecting-this/

whatsapp, instragram, all the same botnet
everytime you think "idk" the botnet gets stronger

Couldnt say. Never used facebook or anything alike

I have honestly never seen someone use WhatsApp. Ever.

>Because whatsapp exists for talking to people. You can make your own groups, share media, and it's incredibly simple.

fb messenger is unironically the best messaging app except for the botnet, and using another proprietary apps inst any better.
>Bubbles
>sms, calling, video
>chat customization
>Plans, polls, location sharing

Plus most people already have it. Of course, use fake name.
Whatsapp means you have to convince everyone to use it.

my guess is you're not yuropoor

HAHA! Is Facebool dying you ask?!

Who the hell uses Facebook in 2017? It's not 2010 anymore... Facebook is boring and for old people.

No one in my country even know what whatsapp is, they are fucking retards that either use facebook msger or LINE

It's from my own experiences. One time my friend invited to go to an event. He posted a picture ad of it. The next time I logged into Facebook, the very same ad appeared right after. He never shared the ad on Facebook, he didn't Like the page.

What's wrong with LINE vs Whatsapp?

You're on it right now.

>diéresis
matate pendejo, matate

>A lot of the Western young people have moved on from it ages ago and on some level I think the Zucc is aware of this and it's making him very nervous.

Yep, hence facebook buying shit like instagram

Not having facebook isn't a problem here in Japan.
Everyone uses LINE.

It's probably a botnet too, but at least I'm not bombarded with irrelevant crap using it. I just talk to people.

This. You think it's just Facebook. They dominate nearly all social media.

I only use Wickr.

I find social media ghastly and the vast majority of messaging options are data harvesting profiling applications.

I value anonymity.

>I only use Wickr.

and who do you message with?

Korean botnet

>Because whatsapp exists for talking to people

Do you even Telegram, OP?

nobody uses it

Facebook has definitely lost its 'cool' touch, and now Instagram is the new fly guy shit - but that's owned by Facebook, so lol

My friends.

Those I care to keep in touch with use it.

>coño
>yanquis
Paco por favor

>needing a citation for something this obvious

>Instagram
>Fly
Nope. It's full of MLM pushers now.

do people still use facebook for anything but sharing pictures and commenting on them?
I mean, instagram exists for that