PS1 emulation = fine

>PS1 emulation = fine
>GBA emulation = fine
>SNES emulation = runs like shit

What did my laptop mean by this? Using SNES gx

>that pic
its like 2008 again or something

You are probably running some cycle accurate emulator, try Snes9x, it runs on anything

>SNES gx
Isn't that shit for Wii? Don't tell me you are emulating an emulator

why are his eyes about to pop

I actually meant Snes9x, not GX. Any reason why it's running like shit? Super Metroid and every other game is unplayable

try a different emu

net neutrality

use nestopia or any other emulator as if there's not a bunch of them

also

Post a screenshot of the video settings

Try upgrading to a 486.

>n64 emulation
>every developer did different hacks for every game for the hardware resulting in no good emulators unless you can perfectly emulate the hardware perfectly
I hate it.

Zsnes is good

CEN64?

Even my old Surface RT could run SNES

Maybe if I could find a pif file I could get back to you on that.

Well I found a pif file and the game I wanted to play just gives a black screen. So I guess my assessment still stands.

That emulator may be cycle accurate but it can't accurately emulate the hardware and so only a limited number of games even work, let alone work properly.

Fuck I'm mad that Nintendo couldn't put their whole N64 catalog on their store due to licenses.

on the bright side, the 5 or so n64 games worth playing have been ported to other console

>n64 emulation
Before mess/Cen 64/*cat plugins, there was no such thing as a full N64 emulator, just half emulators.
The system has two processing units, one well known, and the other a complete undocumented complex mess.
But this secondary coprocessor (RCP/RDP/RSP) was so hard to program even back then that developers generally just used the nintendo current program instead of coming with their own, and those half emulators simply have their own versions of this nintendo program (and a bunch of others), and in THEORY would be able to run all games that used the code.
But in practice developers exploited bugs, made small tweaks and used weird transparency modes that turn your HLE plugin into a 747 in terms of number of hacks and options to TRY to run the games.

>Not using psp as the ultimate emulator

PSP can't play SNES at full speed without frame skipping

depends on the game, many non-chip games work fine

>SNES emulation
Uses a proprietary and completely undocumented sound chip

It's the same shit as the PS1 nigger

Not really. It's the same Sony ADPCM format, and the filters are a better version, but the rest is totally different, with for example the main CPU controlling the chip and being able to use the whole main memory to play the samples, rather than an separate 64KB bank.

And also fully reverse engineered and understood.
His PC got some sort of space aids, because even a K6-2 400 Mhz can fully emulate almost all commercial snes games with snes9x.
Anything with 1Ghz should have no problem whatsoever, even with SA-1 stuff.