Why isn't 4:3 video common anymore?

Why isn't 4:3 video common anymore?

Because 4:3 screens arent

(((widescreen))) is better suited for movies and vidya. Productivity is a niche market user.

Am I the only fuck that misses CRTs?

>>>/reddit/

>Productivity is a niche market user.
LOL!
hahaha xD

16:9 is comfy for two or three documents side by side though. 16:10 is even more comfy, but whatever.

>am i the only fuck that misses cancer

CanceRTubes?

I still have an 5:4 screen. It's fucking awesome, but not for gaymes. For those, I use the fullhd monitor.

Jeve Stops xDD

>Not wanting a 1:1
Why even bother?

16:10 is best for office, I don't know why so many offices have 16:9, obviously they dont come here so they must be stupid normies.

Because looking only left and right is natural for your eyes, nobody wants to look at a brick

CRTs are brilliant if you're a /vr/fag.

Nope, as a /vr/-trooper I have one in my room. I think a PC CRT would get tiring on my eyes in current year though.

They are expensive, so offices won't expend a few hundreds more for just a few pixels and a better aspect ratio for productivity.
If all 16:10 were just a few bucks over 16:9, with the same specs, then yeah, offices would buy them.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned 35mm film, which has an aspect of about 16:9.

That's why 4:3 isn't common, because movies.

At work I use a 27" IPS 2560x1440 in landscaped next to a 21" 1600x1200 in portrait. Literally the perfect combo.

>would get tiring on my eyes
even at 85hz?

vertical videos will rule the world once people throw their obsolete desktops and laptops into the thrash and get a fast smartphone.

The aspect ratio is determined by the lenses, not the film. The film frame 1.375:1, which is almost square. They used the same 35 mm to shoot all the classic films; "widescreen" was invented in the television age to compete against TV with a wider image. The camera lenses squish the image to fit the film, then the projector stretches it out again.

I don't like to have multiple 16:9 monitors, as I don't see a point. Therefore, my auxiliary monitors (two of them) are 5:4, which was an upgrade from my 4:3s.

I've got eight CRTs in my closet.

Any of those crts support progressive video or are they all interlace?