Question about cpu spin speeds

Hey.

Can someone please clarify what cpu spinning speed is and how it affects performance.

Say you have two identical I5's, but one spins at 600 rpm and the other at 800rpm. What kind of difference would that make in performance?

Thanks in advance.

CPUs don't spin you spastic, a heatsink attached to the CPU will have fans on it which spin.
The purpose of fan speed in that context is to move more air through the heatsink and displace more heat.

kek

CPUs don't normally spin.

CPUs spin so that they can shoot ionicals away. This helps get rid of negative energy (polarized electrofermisters and nanosignal particles). The faster a CPU spins, the further it can shoot the ionicals, but shooting accuracy decreases. So it is a balance between distance and accuracy.

What do you want from your CPU: Distance, or accuracy?

Rotation is measured in Hertz

>she doesn't know

Kek

that depends on whether it's clockwise or counterclockwise

clockwise spin is better and prevents the CPU chip unit from suffering from static rotational velocidensity

My i5 spins constantly at 697 rpm. I'm getting stable performance.
Sure you could oversteer it up to 900 - 1200 rpm, but that is not recommended unless you got s-ducts.

Ehhhm no sweetie.
Rotation is measured in degrees

My CPU spins with 96 GigaRpM don't know about your i5 though

What the fuck? It's not supposed to be spinning. Didn't you glue the CPU to the motherboard correctly?

Relativistic effects start to be noticeable at the scales that modern CPUs work at. By OCing an i5 from 600rpm to 800rpm you're effectively doubling the rotational velocidensity of every core and allowing it to perform more work as it's being spun faster and faster, as it increases in mass.
That means larger heaps of data can be processed at a time and a faster processing occurs.

It IS supposed to spin you dumbass, how else will it cool itself?

>cpu spinning speed
Thanks user now I have coffee all over my monitor.

Don't listen to this idiot OP. There's too many connections for a CPU with billions of transistors to be connected all at once. The rotation is there so the right set of transistors hits the right connection at the right time during the fetch-decode-execute function. Similar to how a piston in an engine needs to be at the right spot during the ICPE Otto cycle or the engine won't run. Higher frequencies give the cpu more heeadroom for the pins to line up so you see better performance. Going with the highest RPM and highest frequency CPU usually gives the best results, but if you're good you can "sync" your rotation speed and frequency and blow high clocks out of the water. That's why modern processors at 3 ghz mop the floor with ancient 3ghz processors.

not a bad rotational velocidensity attempt 3/10

meh

Sup Forums in charge of sucking on pathetic attempts

all the previous utter shit makes this the best so far ITT

slightly better than gets even better, I start to develop higher hopes FTT

It helps the frequency go higher.

Depends on the direction of the desired operation.
If the operation flows in the same direction the CPU spins, gravity will hold the flow back and therefore it will take longer to reach its destination.
On the other hand, if it flows away from the CPUs spin direction, it will get sucked away, just like on tyres.

here i overclocked your cpu

wait that ended worse

nvm can't overclock for shit

That's a pretty cool fidget spinner, where'd you get yours?

From intel

rotation is measured in radians

rotation is measured in Euler angles

stop farming posts for leddit

>rotation is measured in radians
this is true. in fact, in this case radians is pronounced with a long second a, which is where AMD got the name for their Radeon GPUs. It's a simple kind of genius really, they changed the spelling of a word that people commonly remember from high school, like radians, which in the context of computing takes on a different pronunciation, and then they changed the spelling so that people will be pronouncing radians correctly for their context. they used this name because at the time, the Radeon GPUs had the highest rated velocidensity GPUs on the market, but only where velocidensity was being measured in radians(keep up, pronounced like radeon). Nvidia blew AMD out of the water any time velocidensity was measured in hertz, rpm, or cp/μg(charges pulses per microgram)