dubs decides WM/DE

Debian.

Gentoo, with a very very slight lead
KDE Plasma

Clover OS

how many days will it take op to install gentoo

Gentoo with jdw.

Make it happen, OP.

Gentoo, if your going to build a system up from scratch you might as well go all out for those sweet autism points

stumpWM

arch + i3 gaps

cli only

openbox

GNOME 3

Arch, rolling for KDE

gentoo with systemd

good luck op

My first choice too.

Slackware GNU/Linux-libre + KDE Plasma 5.10.4

>gentoo with systemd

FreeBSD with i3.

SMGL

Hannah Montana Linux

arch + xfce
so comfy

By the way, OP, Archlinux is easier Gentoo with systemd. Asking for "which distro you should install" with no other indication makes no sense. (I would recommend neither of both for an average French user, for the record.)

What are you studying? Do you have free time? Do you plan on becoming a developer? Do you need Linux-certified drivers and WINE over really good security or is OpenBSD ok for you? Are you doing anything you would like to keep private and from whom? (For most teenagers, not believing you're a Dell sysadmin and having a base Windows install (along with a prepaid burnable mobile SIM card and a dumbphone for Facebook 2FA) with carefully isolated online identities is well enough.)

i use arch, might switch to gentoo if there is a way to compile from binaries, havent read about it much, since i use a ultrabook which basically overheats whenever i do anything resource heavy
might also stay with arch since there making switch to openrc

>compile from binaries
What

Install Gentoo

Arch if you don't want to punish your hardware for every little shit

arch is switching to openrc? thats good news

like openbsd? rcctl ?

Gentoo + dwm

Do you mean to download and install pre-built binaries? In that case, it's possible with Portage. You will want to set a PACKAGE_BINHOST in your make.conf. Sup Forums's CloverOS has a binhost you could use for example.

You can use openrc with arch. Use "pacstrap /mnt base-openrc" instead of "pacstrap /mnt base" during the installation.

Arch with MATE.

Arch and Gentoo aren't really trying to do the same thing. Arch is trying to be bleeding edge and somewhat minimal while not being particularly customizable. Gentoo is trying to be stable with the option for bleeding edge packages as well as extremely minimal and customizable.

If you like to fiddle around with things, go with Gentoo. If you want a distro that just works (except when packages have upstream issues), go with Arch.

For the DE, use KDE. It's the comfiest and is reasonably fast.

>You can use openrc with arch. Use "pacstrap /mnt base-openrc" instead of "pacstrap /mnt base" during the installation.

Get cracking OP

Gentoo
I3 or dwm if you're on the spectrum

Windows 8

Fedora

Gentoo/Arch users:
>weebs
>pedos
>SJWs
>commies
>faggots
>edgy l33t h4x0r$

Debian/Ubuntu users:
>programmers
>scientists
>smart people
>companies
>large penise havers
>people who get shit done

Both. I use gentoo with arch in chroot

>he didnt include it in the mirrorlist
not even the guy youre replying to but just think about it

>he didnt include it in the mirrorlist
I need a custom mirrorlist? That wasn't part of his instructions

Gentoo is alright, except that it is a fucking pain in the ass to install because you have to compile everything which may not seem like much extra time, like maybe 10-20 seconds, but when you are installing 100+ packages and a kernel it can add up to like 20-30 minutes. Plus then you have to setup a WM/DE which takes even longer. That's why I use Alpine Linux instead, super small and super comfy.

>If you want a distro that just works (except when packages have upstream issues), go with Arch.

Kek nice juxtaposition

>20-30 minutes
nigga it takes fucking hours on a dual core

that guy is an idiot too
arch is a minimal install
everything non-official is still perfectly doable due to the DIY philosophy, but just because its a minimal install it doesnt by default include anything but the official base package mirrors
It helps to think like this when using arch, you get used to both it and the system architecture much faster

Just dont use gentoo on anything that old, not worth
Compiling times completely blow in your face
Use arch instead, or something else thats minimal (void? idk)
Gentoo is great but only if the time you gain by custom flags etc is shorter than the time you lose compiling them

Install gentoo

Linux Mint

Like Star Wars vs Star Trek
Everybody thinks both are losers.

I used arch
gentoo is better all over

>am a doctor
>run Linux

Checkmate?

Debian was screwing itself a lot when i used it. I switched to Slackware years ago and it's rock solid and never broke on its own. Debian is unstable piece of shit like Arch but easier.

Korora

My bad, this was possible during the parabola installation so I thought it would be possible too during the Arch installation

V O I D
O
I
D

/thread

gentoo
cde

>Debian is unstable piece of shit like

I'm sorry, you're retarded.

how are Arch users commies? arch repos contain non-free software while Debians do not

>Gentoo on a X220.

I hope you don't plan to upgrade your browser more than yearly.

The only way to go, and he has dubs.