What's the best antivirus right now?

What's the best antivirus right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/kaspersky-lab-has-been-working-with-russian-intelligence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Common sense

install genoo

Avast is pretty cool. Still works on Vista btw.

>giving 3rd party software almost limitless control over your device
If you don't have the testicular fortitude to properly own your device forfeiting ownership to someone else will not save you, cuck.

shut the fuck up

/thread

Im using AVG atm, is it good or nah

buttmad winbaby

Your own discretion. Don't pay for what you can do on your own. Learn not to download malware, and if you download it on "accident", learn to remove it.

>being this over the top about some computer software like its a matter of pride and life and death

Neck yourself you pathetic tryhard autist.

Common sense + Windows Firewall control

Norton if ur pc is powerful and you want to pay

Avast as free one

Bitdefender on old weak machines

Now I just wonder, what the hell happened to Malwarebytes? They madd that big ass program with the 3.0 and I don't understand if I can use that alongside other AVs as I did before.

MAlwarebytes is still good

>Not buying a lifetime license for $60 when the option existed, now it's $60 per year

gentoo

I use Microsoft security essentials, seems good, low resources, and doesn't constantly bug you with notifications and windows unlike some other ones, e.g AVG and i think avast does as well.

>What are the best brakes on the market?

> Lol bro what do you need brakes for? Just learn not to drive too fast and try to be as safe as possible. Why would you pay anyone for brakes?

Malwarebytes with WindowsDefender works really well. I pirate everything so I kind of go overboard with protection.

Consumer or enterprise?

eset
>t. worked 4 years in two different major AV company, neither of them was eset

Kaspersky if you don't want placebo and think you could be a target of various 3-letter agencies from across the world. everything else is placebo.

buggy as fuck, doesn't detect adware. kaspersky has the best AV lab but it's never the best AV.

it does one thing better than any other software: it detects all malware.

even F-secure, a Finnish company, hid the existence of QWERTY for a while.

Used Trendmicro for years. Then my parents computer got infected and the only one that recognized it was Kaspersky. Used it since.

However Kaspersky is a bit of a pain in the ass. I had to completely turn it off to use Rockstar Social Club to play GTA 5. Whitelisting in the firewall didn't work, neither did dialing back security settings. Just a big fuck you.

What's even worse was updating Adobe flash which with kaspersky blocks the install. Except now Adobe has you download a stupid installer and needs to connect to the internet to actually download the real update... and it auto deletes itself whether or not the update fails or not.

When the license expires I'm going to bitdefender.

consumer

clamav on linux
defender on windows

Bitdefender is the best antivirus programm at the moment and for the last Years.
Cant argue against it, look it up.
Whoever says otherwise only shills and didnt do much Research.

>inb4 kaspersky
No, kaspersky detects less viruses than bitdefender

AVG

>Kaspersky
Ah yes, protect yourself by installing a literal fucking Russian government botnet made by a Russian intelligence front company, you fucking morons.

Kill yourselves.

you're a brianwashed idiot. leaked CIA Vault7 docs tell us that Kasperky's by far the hardest to bypass and it constantly gave them issues.

kaspersky's also the only company that exposes all viruses regardless who's behind them (they exposed the most russian gov malware btw).

stay retarded and keep on sucking on that propaganda titty.

Nutjob conspiracy theorist libtard detected.

shut the fuck up

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/kaspersky-lab-has-been-working-with-russian-intelligence

Kill yourself, traitor.

ELMO !!??

As opposed to literal American government botnets made by American intelligence front companies?

Like I said, kill yourself you fucking traitor.

Home made is better

Oh I thought this was gonna be something stupid. That's pretty legit. Thanks user. No wonder the license was $3...

No. It's not. Even a complete imbecile like you can realistically do what said, while driving a vehicle without breaks is down-right suicide.
Christ, degeneracy like this is the reason I'm moving on from this site to greener pastures (like reddit :DDDDD).

literally this

same

are viruses on linux becoming more prevalent? never really thought i needed one

USe MCafee

pirate kaspersky or eset

Good for the workplace computer, gamer and the elderly windows home user. It's runs well on an os that's a sack of shite.

>having a pirated antivirus

How stupid are you?

Norton has the best consumer heuristic analysis on the market, and trades blows with all other AVs in terms of keeping up to date virus libraries and overall scanning speed.

I'd probably recommend buying it... if you have fast hardware and plenty of RAM. It does take up some rather hefty resources.

I hear BitDefender is decent as well.

Common Sense 2017 is obligatory ofc, but it's nice to run a scan every so often, just in case. However, If you ever run a scan and malware is detected- don't ever rely on the AVs ability to heal & quarantine. Simply reformat. Every time.

>inb4 reddit spacing
fuck u

Who is the qt bear?

what's wrong with it, newfriend?

GuixSD I got a free trial from my local hackerspace recently. It is really easy to install and works well.

Common sense 2017 + iptables : best combo ever.

lmao, top post

retard alert

Why are you posting Dave Rapoza on Sup Forums?

Seems kinda weird.

+1

That's why i have kaspersky too.. I bought a 3 years license for my 2 win pcs and my tablet, and i got a nice price by haggling a bit.

>willingly installing rootkits
lol

heckin cute couple!

Hitman Pro whenever needed

i just run an MBAM scan every so often

>that grammer
pajeet Sir is that You?

Islam.
The only true cure for homosexuality and the spread of this virus and its viruses.

umatrix

>I am a retarded neckbeard who knows nothing about computers or automobiles
why would you admit this?

I heard that Kaspersky was protecting computers from Petya before anyone was publicizing Petya's existence. Has anyone else heard anything about this? It would certainly be suspicious if true.

They were first to get info on it. The Ukraine's anti-virus market share is Kaspersky. Nothing suspicious, just first ones out the gate.

>clamav
Anyone got some good linux options. I don't need anti-virus to scan for windows executables on linux. Clamav has been mail server first and then OS second. McAfee for linux is slow as fuck and breaks constantly.

>Nothing suspicious, just first ones out the gate.
Oh, I heard it as "Kaspersky users were protected BEFORE the ransomware was released".

Kaspersky for business pc
Avast free for gayming rig

bump

Wow, Stallman really has fallen from grace...

OpenBSD

condoms work for the most part