User my laptop is broken can you have a look at it

>user my laptop is broken can you have a look at it
>Screen won't turn on at all
>Spend 45 minutes removing screws
>Top won't come off
>Missed a screw
>Top still won't come off
>Missed another screw
>Half the screws were missing already and some of them were deep and hard to distinguish from the empty hole
>Finally get top off
>Inside looks like shit, complete cluster fuck can't figure out where anything is supposed to be
>Literally never seen a laptop like this before
>The keyboard is under the top with the keys poking through and the battery is inside
>Looks like the laptop was designed with retard proofing in mind but it just made it impossible to diagnose what was wrong
>Give up and tell person that they need a new screen but that I can't do it
>Can do it but don't want to keep fucking around inside this god awful Lament Configuration of a laptop
>"O-oh alright then, I didn't want to spend any money if I had to"
I fucking hate being family tech support.

Nice blog

This is a family tech support thread.

Family tech support threads are a Sup Forums tradition.

dumbass. with anything mobile just say they're non serviceable and they need to either get a new one, go to a """professional""", or buy something external.

>Say they're none serviceable
I completely earnestly believed it could have just been a loose ribbon. I was wrong.

>This is a family tech support thread.
Is that so?

C-can he say that?

Oh wait, never mind, I just realised what image it is.

naw those ribbon fuckers don't come loose. more likely the screen is just kaput.
delet this

What laptop?

Some Acer shit, I can't be bothered to go check so I'm just going to call it an Acer Fisher Price1.

>tfw netbook and after al that shit the problem war the functionality to always keep the screen off by key combination

>user wtf the music isn't playing
>turn up volume and magically it's working

>user my computer is going slow can you fix it
>100mb of disk space left
>Run CCleaner
>70 gb removed

Reminds me of the time I fixed a 15.6" laptop by replacing the screen with one from a 15.4" laptop. They happened to have the same connector and even the hinges matched closely enough to allow me to screw the new screen it. Looked horrible, but worked.

This is the worst. Of course they wont let you just reinstall the OS either. Nor will they invest in an SSD.

who the fuck even makes 15.4 inch screens?

It was an older screen from the 16:10 days when 1280x800 was common in laptops.

fuck off, blogger.

my only answer to that is "you're on your own then". i just can't be assed with bullshit like this. you should try it, works surprisingly well.

back to r3ddit and linusshilltips, you fucking moron

>"user, I'm not getting any emails!"
>"Here's my computer"
>Open mail client
>Works fine
>"Oh I meant on my cellphone, don't those come from my computer?"