Intel's suffering isn't stopping anytime soon

Intel's suffering isn't stopping anytime soon.

Another week, another new Skylake-X surprise.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardforum.com/threads/i-deep-fried-my-computer-literally.1104341/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>oy vey

Good thing cpu's still have pins-- oh wait

1.25V? Why would you want 1.20V? Nobody needs more than 1.10V anyway? HELP ME POLICE THIS MAN IS TRYING TO PUSH HIS CPU OVER 1.0V!!

Burning this house...WITH NO SURVIVORS!

Kek they really rushed this garbage out

This is normal, AMDrone poojeet
Why do you think the socket has so many pins? They're expendable in HEDT sockets and that's regular behavior

but AYYYMDpoorfags can't wrap their mind around the fact that Intel plans everything out and they stick to their chips that become unstable at 3,6ghz

Intel strikes back at overclockers trying to cheat them out of free clock cycles. I for one, applaud their efforts.

>burnt pin on modestly overclocked 6core part
Oh boy.
What will happen with 18 cores?

The entire socket gets reduced to burnt slag.

What 18 cores?

If you connect a row of burned out contacts, does the bios display BINGO at startup?

Has anyone delidded an i9 yet?

Yes.
It's required.

7980XE?

what? i9?

Is there any need for Intel to humiliate itself any more?

Take a nap, eurofag

It can't get any worse than *that* slide deck.

Agree nothing to see here, it Normal, now delid this thread

Waiting for Zen 2 here to sell my 6700k. Ryzen is way too buggy and I still want my gaymen performance so if Z2 will OC to 5 gigs as promised and fix its shitty motherboards with RAM ocing issues I will never look back.

Arent many of those pins are redundant? Just swap them in bios gee

This is intended behavior.

oy vey why would you even want to overclock your cpu? just buy a new one next year

that they'll dig out from beneath the charred remains of your house

DELET PLS.

>What will happen with 18 cores?

>not deliding
Lmao

Muh $500 custom loop AIO cooling system
Anons, how long do you think before these brainlets discover the cooling meme of early 2000s and start submerging their systems in mineral oil?

>start submerging their systems in mineral oil?
It's patented now afaik.
You need a chiller.

>submerge PC in oil
>oil starts boiling
Might as well throw in some French fries while you are at it.

Probably just a damaged pin. LGA 2066 is designed for 18 core nuclear infernos. A 6 core medium intensity housefire shouldn't burn it up.

Someone post the smiley fries picture

>he well for bait this obvious
?

why do you need 10 cores?

you can't really overclock much in mineral oil, as it will retain the heat.

There are several others culprits in the chain.
But it's unlikely to be the socket or CPU fault, but it's not impossible.

With 3600mhz ram Ryzen already matches the 7700k in most modern games.

hardforum.com/threads/i-deep-fried-my-computer-literally.1104341/

>Muh $500 custom loop AIO cooling system
You mean $2000 phase change cooling

I think he meant this

Thanks

Boy i wish i had Charlie's good goy account.
I wonder how big SKL-SP is.

quit being dumb

Could still happen on pins, except it would probably happen inside the socket instead of on the CPU.

This is normal. Nothing to see here.

Pins have a bigger contact area is what he's saying. LGA pads have a really really small one. Higher contact area = lower resistance. Lower resistance + same amount of current = lower amount of heat.

IIRC, PGA pins are generally contacted around at least half of each pin as the socket is closed and locked. If someone could find and post an image of the internal contacts of a PGA socket that would be awesome.

>thinner silicon wafer than AMD
>Mayo tier TIM
>garbage performance:watt ratio
>Power consumption so high it's now causing scorched contacts on the CPU.
>overall a huge overpriced disappointment

Why did Intel even bother? Why didn't they just play the game of pricing and make their already existing CPUs cheaper while working on a new arch. This is embarrassing honestly. I mean I get that Intel didn't expect Ryzen to be as good as it is. Or even know of the existence of Threadripper. But this knee jerk reaction of "fuck it! Keep slapping moar coars on our inefficient as architecture! TDP be damned!" Is stupidity.

It didn't work for AMD in bulldozer/pile-driver days. Won't work now.

They still think people will buy Intel because it's Intel.

Why you didn't listen?

>Mayo tier TIM
Does Intel still use shitty paste under the spreader? What about the new AMD chips?

I have a old AMD 8-core with soldered spreader, did everything go to shit after this or is there still hope?

Zen was designed by Clark though.
Shitwrecker was doing K12 and managed teams.

AMD still uses good old Indium solder.

Ryzen uses solder

Yea. Sad really. I sold my 6700k and Z170 ROG board for damned near full price to a guy on ebay when the official Ryzen benchmarks came out. My old FX-9590 build went up in flames nearly. Only reason I had Intel to begin with.
Nope. AMD still uses fluxless solder under their lid. Intel is the only one using paste. Paste even on their $1500 I9 series. Even the $60 dual core APU A series chips from AMD had fluxless solder.

>4.7 on a bunch of transistors with current day's tech

Deserved it, he knew the 7700k was struggling to maintain a high clock under low temps and yet he went ahead.

Infinity fabric smells of Keller all over. it's hypertransport for the new age.

Nice.

It was a combined effort.
IF is not just a physical layer, it's entire protocol.

You would think that someone would have taken a part a PGA socket to see the inside but I can't find any pictures of it.
I did find some diagrams of the methods to contact the pins inside but there's no telling what is actually implemented in AMDs sockets, for example. There are a lot of different PGA sockets out there.

>smells of Keller

>Don't overclock, goy

Wait what, isn't the K part specifically made for overclocking? What the hell Intel?

Yup. It is. Just as Z series motherboards are for overclocking. Intel's official response to complaints of the i7-7700k spiking to 103C occasionally when under load and overclocked was literally "we don't recommend overclocking the CPU."

No. The K part just has an unlocked multiplier and a slightly higher base clock speed.

Sure as long as you don't actually do it you silly goy

>all it took was one raisin to put the goliath in critical mode

Nothic intel makes is made specifically for overclocking, they just jew you out of doing it unless you pay extra.

Where have you been

lol

There's more: AMD is yet to hit Intel's mobile market.
Imagine XPS13, but with non-shit quad-core APU.

Nope. You are wrong. The main concept around Zen architecture is Infinity Fabric which is successor of HyperTransport designed by Jim Keller.

Keller is THE micro archtitecture god. Not Clark.

Can you people please stop with the anti semitic jokes?
They're not funny at all.

Best I can do is 4 cores

Zen core and it's caches were designed by Clark. IF was a team effort. Some people did the control layer, the others did custom intra-package and socket to socket links. Keller managed all that and tinkered with K12.

Shut up, heeb, they're hilarious.

Kinda like that Citroën lead manager guy called Peugeot

Can we do housefire ones instead?

4U? :)

No, wait for Vega or Volta whatever will have the bigger die.

I agree, but how likely do you think it is that they stop because you asked so? You must be new here..

Well, i know it's been done to Socket 462, but I'm not so sure about the later ones. The only one I can even come close to confirming is the one where after doing an LN2 overclocking run they went to pull the pot off the socket and instead ended up ripping most of the plastic socket off the board. The board contacts got left behind, and it does look like they at least partially wrap around the CPU pins.

Comedy fucking gold.

"now introducing the Lenovo Thinkpad T480 with 6c/12t APU and R7 graphics all in a 35w package!"

I'm wet thinking about it. In all honesty I don't see a high core count APU being out of the question. AMD managed to make their r7-1700 65w and that's an 8c/16t boosting to 3.2ghz.

I can't beleive he asked me for 2 cores.

I really miss the old days of 1156/1366 and before where you could overclock any cpu on pretty much every chipset via bclk.

Was nice to see people could do it on skylake i3/5, tho I'm guessing it wasn't on purpose by intel..

Speaking of 1366, the first ES hexacores that came was initially calld i9. Which makes sense really. i3 is dual with HT, i5 is quad, i7 is quad with HT and i9 is hexa..

But no, i3 is dual with HT, so is i5. And i5 is quad, i7 is quad with HT. AND hexa.

And for laptops fucking dual with HT is called i7.

What the fuck.

Help! A mad man is tyring to steal my core!

6/12 APUs are probably for Zen2.
Raven Ridge caps at 4/8.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer about the 4 cores you still owe me!

I'd be just fine with a 4c/8t with decent graphics in my thinkpad... without the intel/nvidia pricing.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

LMFAOROFL

Not just under-clocking it to run everything better for less energy.

Who actually uses 4.7GHz often enough to warrant that kind of thing?

Sure a split second load spike will go well past that, but if you can't wait an extra 50 milliseconds you got some really bad ADHD.

Same. Some of the HP laptop with the FX series A12's and dedicated RX460 graphics had me tempted at $650. It's just that those laptops are their consumer line. So shitty keyboards and screens. I'd be more than happy to pay $1000 for a thinkpad, probook, or latitude/precision with new AMD APU.

>ebin overcloker xxxxxtrem gaymen x good goy series
>just underclock it!

>buying into Intel's X SERIES 1337 GAMING OVERCLOCKING GOD EDITION CPU
>then after buying into it, claim that high frequencies aren't even needed lol. Just underclock.

Pathetic.

how is Ryzen buggy? it's been completely and utterly issue-less for me and I got mine at release.

admittedly it was unstable for a week but motherboard firmware updates completely fixed it.

Butthurt kikes on suicidewatch.