Linux hate thread

Why does linux just not work?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem
ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/04/install-grub-customizer-ubuntu-16-04-lts/
youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg
packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-devel/gcc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It works on my machine, you must be doing something wrong.

it does
this thread would've made sense 15 years ago; but Linux just works, it's ready for the desktop

>work

>to use this app, you need to download a repository
>then update your repository
>then you can download your program

like why don't these retards just include the repo on their OS in the first place?

Because you are a stupid frog poster.

Yeah, I know. Fucking retards who aren't even psychic and able to tailor every distro download to the downloader without also filling it with bloat

Why cant you just double click to install things?

RIGHT? fucking TARDS

>work
>to use this app, you need to download a file
>then execute it
>then follow the installation instructions
This is how stupid you sound

>frogposter

but these are useful programs you stupid loonshit apologist

also on ubuntu those fucks literally include an outdated version of qbittorrent, so to get the latest version of qb you need to install the qb repo

loonix is fucking shit with a retarded way of doing this

>download a repository

wat

upvoted :^)

>My ass just hurts because I can't figure it out

>but these are useful programs you stupid loonshit apologist
Yeah, because everyone knows everyone have the exact same requirements and use computers in the exact same way, so of course distro maintainers are fucking retard for just not including exactly what I want and nothing else!!!

>also on ubuntu those fucks literally include an outdated version of qbittorrent, so to get the latest version of qb you need to install the qb repo
Yeah, how DARE they include a stable version by default, instead of an unstable development one!!!!

>have you even considered using a different distro or creating a meta-package that just adds whatever repo you need and install the versions you need automatically

except you need to google the repository to copy the url

why don't these freetard idiots just include it on their OS?? whats a few kilobytes of code?? freetard apologists will just call it "bloat" as an excuse for their shitty mentality

wasting all your time installing that shit when you could be working on a windows machine.

>Yeah, how DARE they include a stable version by default, instead of an unstable development one!!!!

except it's not unstable, it's a full release

the only unstable thing is the shitty loonix OS. qb works fine on windows and mac

because there are too many wanna-be Ian Murdock's that suck ass and drink way too much monster

no real work gets done on a linux machine.

also, I also find a pacman -S a lot faster than having to navigate to some fucking webpage, download some zip file and run some executable installer. Try a better angle you fucking retard.

>Linux is shit cuz one of the many handfuls of distros made a decision to do something with one of the many handfuls of bittorrent clients.
Sounds like you get overwhelmed easily, chap.

>Windows and macOS run the exact same version

Either use a different distro or just update it then, or even just install it yourself manually. Jesus it's not fucking hard. Neither Windows nor macOS come with qb by default.

>no real works gets done on linux
>posting on internet

Windows
>Go to web page and download exe
>run exe
Loonix
>Download some tar.gz shit
>go into terminal
>navigate to wherever you saved it
>extract it and build it

Loonix takes a lot of time to get shit up and running you fucking brainlet

>Either use a different distro or just update it then

When you try updating it, it gives you an old version. Freetards will somehow justify this. You NEED to install a repo to get the latest version, even though the OS's own damn repo already has the application.

With Mac OS and Windows you just need to download an executable and it'll work.

No need to install a repository, then update said repository, then install your program.

You are not serious, are you?

Loonix:
>download the .deb or .rpm
>double click it

or
>download the a precompiled binary
>run it directly

Huh? If you're trying install a repo from some author's site, then they will have all the instructions on the same page as the download. Why would you google anything else? That's like going to the chrome download page, thinking "hmm I want to install this" and then search for another download source.

Most useful software is included in the default repositories for a distributed, Debian and derivatives have some of the largest software libraries out there. Newer software that hasn't been packaged yet, or closed source/non standard shit is often not packaged by the district maintainers and so the developers create their own repos.

There no way to include every possible repo inside the distribution since they pop up all the time, and more importantly, do you really want the default install to include repos from random poo in loos/riskies/NSA?

I think you're just confused by something, causing this unnecessary grief. It "just werks" for long time users.

>When you try updating it, it gives you an old version.
It literally doesn't. You're retarded and don't know what you're doing, so you're just clicking around randomly.

>You NEED to install a repo to get the latest version, even though the OS's own damn repo already has the application.
Add the PPA you flaming mongoloid, how new are you to Linux? Or install it outside the repos....

>No need to install a repository, then update said repository, then install your program.
You can install it without doing it from the repos if you want

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem
This kills the loonix fag

>signed 32-bit integer
Do you use a two decade old version of Linux or something? Linux has been using 64-bit unsigned to represent timestamps since forever.

Linux now uses 64bit time_t.

But why did you link to that? It wasn't a coherent response. Do you suffer from autism?

>entire OS is made by NEETS and hacked together with bandaid.
and you wonder why it's shit?

>billion dollar companies contribute with developmers and money
>made by NEETs

Linux also has shit support for high resolution displays.

But windows is hacked together too?

>Most useful software is included in the default repositories for a distributed

Wrong.

Run sudo apt-get update Qbittorrent and you'll get an outdated version. You need to install the devs repo to get an updated version. No justification for this.

Wrong. Here's a perfect example. Grub Customizer:

ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/04/install-grub-customizer-ubuntu-16-04-lts/

No reason why it shouldn't be included in Ubuntu by default.

Small things like that is why Loonix will always be seen as shit.

HDPi is shit for any OS but MacOS actually

Why would anyone want a bootloader customizer install in their fresh system?

I use windows 10 with 2 monitors.
1st:3840*2160
2nd:1920*1080

Applications scale fine on both screens but the same applications do not scale on Loonix.

big companies only work on the server part, desktop is 99% NEETS and trash ala GNOME/KDE

Certainly that's not the case for everyone, windows is pretty inconsistent

archlinux with default repo doesn't have this problem :^)

Actually GNOME gets many things right. I'll agree GNOME has lackings and there are more paid developers working on windows DE

Come on user, surely it makes sense for newbies on Ubuntu to be able to mess around with the piece of software that makes their system bootable right? No way that could go wrong.

I think I could enjoy Linux if I put some effort learning it with a good distro.

But I don't have the time for it right now, so I just tried Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and it felt like some fisher price shit made for tablet retards that is slow and unresponsive as hell, so I went back to W7.

>falling for the Ubuntu meme

You're probably not smart enough to actually use Linux if you actually downloaded and installed the desktop version of Ubuntu.

They offer rsync access for a reason

>working on a windows machine.
kek
>something happened
>please wait while we prepare your computer for you
>restarting in 10 minutes and 47 seconds
>OBAMA YOU FUCKING NIGGER

I installed gentoo, not because of the memes, but I'm generally a DIY kind of guy and liked the idea of assembling and compiling my own Linux configuration as I go. I then found out that the last fully supported gcc is 5.4, while the latest version of gcc is 7.1. No thanks.

works fine for gtk3 and qt5
don't buy retarded ppi

That never happens.

This is correct, HDPi isn't standard yet

>big companies only work on the server part
It's the same kernel.

Ubuntu M8 best distro uguu~

well you can, if you configure your system to be unsecure as shit

you can easily switch to gcc 7.1.0

>t. Never got out of the shower to your computer closing your work to restart and update

Consider yourself lucky

Not turning that shit off
>cuck

Who the fuck are you quoting newfag?

>it felt like some fisher price shit made for tablet retards that is slow and unresponsive as hell
That's odd. Ubuntu works great, even in a VM with hardly any resources allocated. Even on a laptop, which typically have shittier processors.

Why do you need GCC 7? I am pretty sure alll of C99 features are included in GCC 5.4?

That never happens. Fixing 10 so this kind of shit never happens, while removing the bloat and most of the spyshit in the process, takes 1/10 of the effort to have the equivalent in linux

>the year of our Lord
>not using openPEPE like based lunduke

And you consider yourself a Linux user?

>takes 1/10 of the effort to have the equivalent in linux
I agree, if something goes wrong you reinstall windows because there's basically no hopes left

Found the pirate

If something goes wrong, you restore from the previous point.

Don't forget the two hours wasted trying to fix it with m$fts broken ass CLI tools which are rip offs of working UNIX ones

It works if you know what to do with it.
If you know how use a car you don't whine you can't run a spaceship, do you? You either learn to run more powerful and advanced system to be more productive or you don't. If think Linux does not work then stick with windows, retarded maggots.

Oh yes, restore from the previous point and have the installed programs broken

X

youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg

not him but nearly no sites give you a deb or rpm
most of them give you bash files

How (without shitting everything up at best)?
According to the package database, 5.4 is the last available version. packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-devel/gcc

I don't want literally everything to be compiled on a an ancient version of gcc. Yes, it would work but I'd also like to have a compiler that is up to date for my own programming work.

I wonder what new C constructs did GCC get in GCC7.

All I know is that GCC is finally adding support for D.

>I don't want literally everything to be compiled on a an ancient version of gcc
You do realize that the newer GCC is mostly meant for newer AST compatibility, right? RIGHT?

Linux is written in C89, you don't even need C99 features

>Linux is written in C89, you don't even need C99 features
It has loads of GNU extensions, such as inline assembly and struct attributes, in order to do architecture specific stuff.

Correct

it was creators update bug, btw i prefer ubuntu

Another Pajeet microsoft shill thread.
He obviously insn't capable enough to run Linux.

All I know is I compiled my LFS based system with gcc 7.1.0. My autism won't le me use a deprecated version.

user, it's a perfect example of "newer things aren't inherently better"

>mostly
Whatever. I'm talking about the stuff that's not included in "mostly", because it still would be nice to have.

i rather like my xubuntu installation. i keep windows 10 on a separate partition *just in case* but i think i've only ever had to use it twice or so. the only gaymen i do is team fortress 2 which runs fine on linux.

i was scared to make the jump initially but so far the positives have drastically outweighed the negatives. the only really big annoying thing i have found so far is that i cannot connect to a projector unless i turn the laptop off, plug in the HDMI and then turn it back on again. i think this is an ubuntu-specific problem.

well for example I was impressed how systemd-234 with the new meson build system improved compile speed.

kek'd

>he can't customize grub by himself
Why the fuck would this be included in "Linux", a fucking kernel? You're mixing up a bunch of shit and blaming it on "Loonix".

Implying pajeets can afford windows.

because it wasn't intended to be windows 2.0 dumby. what would be the point of having two things that literally do the same thing as each other?

Bump

Fuck off.

:(

x11 kills the loonix fag

:(((

XD

>He needs grub when he can use efibootmgr

I love Linux. It just works for me. Why do you hate Linux :(

>he needs a bootloader

Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded.