/spg/ - Smartphone General - Golden Nokia 8 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
The Essential Phone has been delayed by a "few weeks" as the company waits for the phone to pass certification/testing
twitter.com/ow/status/888414700563816448

Samsung: Find out what it means to do bigger things on 08.23.2017
twitter.com/SamsungMobile/status/888142279122321409

Notifications are highly reliable, except when device manufacturers interfere (Xiaomi)
onesignal.com/blog/manufacturers-interfere-with-reliable-notifications/

Razer reportedly plans to build a phone for gamers, but needs more money
theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010412/razer-smartphone-gamers-nextbit-ipo-report

Deal: Samsung Galaxy S8 is on sale for as low as $360, here are all the deals
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-is-on-sale-for-as-low-as-360-here-are-all-the-deals_id96270

“Gold-copper” Nokia 8 version allegedly leaked from production line
phonearena.com/news/Gold-copper-Nokia-8-version-allegedly-leaked-from-production-line_id96256

Pixel is now discontinued at Rogers and Fido
mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/20/pixel-pixel-xl-reach-end-life-status-fido-rogers/

Nokia 6 Review: Once More For Old Time's Sake
youtu.be/Yv9i0GBvD8M

old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/02ZbqdM7jN4
youtu.be/Qi50RP3EjwA
forbes.com/sites/bensin/2016/07/04/push-notifications-not-coming-through-to-your-huawei-phone-heres-how-to-fix-it/#402b3fa31ccc
gsmarena.com/coolpad_cool1_dual-8272.php
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?iscoz=true&Item=75-646-001
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for bootloops

First for lagging with the top of the line SoC

First for

thirds for keks

[Reply windows has crashed
Click here to call shinglunglee for support]

[Yes] [Yes]

>Razer reportedly plans to build a phone for gamers
Nextbit died for this

It was shit.
However I have like 10 on my closet for holidays and birthdays. They were like $100

Regarding these lads and the V20/ HTC 10

Can I get some reasons why the HTC 10 is better, and good in general?

Makes an ok poorfag phone now that it's selling at ~$110.

the red one looks awesome and it still has a headphone jack

It was good back in the day. However it has been dropped lately since htc has gone full shill with the htc u11.

Sense ui is mediocre, and lacks of innovative features.
Camera is meh
Audio is good, not as good as the u11
Stocks apps are killed in the latest update

Build quality is great. The metal is way better then the u ultra and the u11

>solid build
>5.2" screen not fukchugh 5.7" with useless gimmick screen
>hi-fi DAC
>better speakers
>same chipset
>same specs
>better support from manufacturer

>SoT fluctuating between 5.5-6.5 hours past few weeks
>disable a bunch of gapps and botnet services
>the next day
Really makes me think.

Has anyone here actually had a v20 that bootlooped?

Only enough people to sue lg you special snowflake
"But it won't happen to me"

How can i get in on that lawsuit? Does my v20 have to have already bootlooped?

Smartphone fixman here.
While I don´t know the technichals of all the HTC series and devices, as they are not as popular where I live, I do think their flagship series are better in the long run hardware-wise for build quality and materials used, an aluminium 1 piece case will disperse heat more effectively than a plastic one, resulting on a more durable solder on the inside and will prevent from dust and shit messing the insides (conector ports, camera lenses, audio jacks, etc) at the cost of easy user repairs. Then again, only units I´ve seen are the Htc one series and some other devices that friends cop, and also , it will rely heavily on how the manufacturer handles software and updates for the hardware.
An example of this is Apple only having to design software and the whole OS for a single """"High end"""" Flagship line, resulting in the "Just werks" and repairs only applied on broken screens and overall user stupidity.

>lacks """innovative features""""
Fucking samshills thinking no one would recognize your shill points

99% of those are people with LG G4, V10 and Nexus 5X. G5 and V20 is nowhere near as likely to bootloop.

Hahahahahahahaaa

This
The law firm that started the suit had to send out a """""survey""""" of V20/G5 owners to see if any of them bootlooped and that was back in March with no word about it since

The problem is related to the Snapdragon 808 Soc. Lg v20 shouldn't bootloop in the same way.

You could always make it bootloop for that sweet settlement cash

YouTube, google and XDA says otherwise. Sorry LG

IS ANY FUCKING NON-CHINKPHONE COMPANY GOING TO IMPLEMENT THE 660 IN A DEVICE AND NOT CHARGE $350 FUCKING DOLLARS FOR IT???

how do i do that

>Google "my v20 bootlooped"
>1,000,278 results in 0.03 seconds
Really makes you think

What are some of the better phones with front facing speakers?

Open YouTube for more than 5 minutes

You know the answer user.

Axon 7

BUT FUCKING WHY
THE 652 WAS GREAT AND THE 660 WILL BE EVEN BETTER
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

No. Non-chinkphone companies will sell it for +$400

I can create it for you.
Let me open a $30m kickstarter
I will add a 4d screen and a fleshlight

This and also the HTC 10 and the Alcatel Idol 4S/5S
See that's complete bullshit because they (QCOM) advertised it as a mid-range SoC for devices in the $250-300 bracket, not higher
sounds great, send me a link :)

>citation needed

This, LG used a similar motherboard construction on the LG G4, V10 and Nexus 5X (all SD808 phones). LG G5 and V20 don't have the same defect.

The difference is that literally all G4, V10 and Nexus 5X produced before a certain date will eventually bootloop because they all have the same hardware defect. It's a completely different story for the G5 and V20, it's very unlikely either will bootloop.

why is she so perfect, lads

Just because Qualcomm says so doesn't mean the manufacturers will do it. More likely we'll keep seeing SD625/626 and the new SD630 in that price range.

Nokia 6 or Moto g5+?
The Nokia seems to have better build quality and fast updates.

In 99.9% of those it's a case of people causing it themselves by installing some PajeetOS ROM.

b-but the 626/630 are just rebins..

I can get an LG V20 or a Huawei P10 Plus for the same price. Which one? All I do is photography, music, email, social media, occasionally YouTube. Nothing intensive.

G5+. Nokia is overpriced and underpowered

Moto G5+ wins in performance and battery life. Nokia wins in build quality and software support.

>V20
Bootloop
>P10
Have fun getting a 2,0 FFS model. A DDR3 model.
It's like playing Russian roulette with memories.

P10 Plus

Underpowered for what? And don't say gaming you manchild

P10 is amazing

>Huawei deleted any mention of 2.1 FFS on the phone and ships inferior memory chips with slower speeds and less features.
Huahauhauahauah

10 yuan have been deposited in your account.

why the fuck the fucking chinks believe gold is a good looking finish for electronic gadgets. fucking brushed rose gold hairline finish can go fuck itself

fukcing gooks REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>laughs in ddr3
youtu.be/02ZbqdM7jN4

>FFS
What?

FFS/UFS

It's shit
youtu.be/Qi50RP3EjwA

Shit review. He doesn't say why he thinks the SD430 is bad. Also there's plenty of other phones using similar SoCs in the price range. At least with the Nokia you get stock bloat-free android with fast updates (which isn't even mentioned in this shit rant video even though it's Nokia's main selling point (

Enjoy your laggy street shitting phone

EMMC5.1 was only in the early production models because of a shortage of UFS memory. If you buy now you're pretty much guaranteed to get UFS.

SD430 is more than powerful enough to not lag in regular use. There's not huge difference to the SD625, in Antutu is only about 45k vs 63k

The 430 is bad because
>It's on an older process node
>Its based on the Cortex-A53 architecture
>it's only clocked at maximum to 1.4ghz

He literally says that security updates are useless in the comments.

benchmarks are retarded and not indicative of real world use in the slightest

>It's based on the Cortex-A53 architecture
This is how I know you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. SD625/626/630 is also A53 code

fast updates aren't useless. Is the Moto G5 even on 7.1 yet? Wanna bet which phone will get android O first?

want phone that is
>waterproof (for real; not for scuba diving, but at least it won't die in heavy rain)
>at least 2 sim
>good battery life
>works at least most of the time.

help me Sup Forums I can't find anything satisfying these simple requirmetns.
country doesn't matter (I'm going to Asia now, apparently one can buy anything there)

budget is wahtever

should have mentioned that I currently have Moto G4 and it does not satisfy any single one of those fuckin' requirements except (battery life is decnet but someimes it starts eating it like it's the judgement day and if I don't notice and reboot it it's dead in a couple of hours)

Thanks anons

have fun running into 5.1 and returning the device

Dual SIM versions of:
Galaxy S8/S8+
Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Galaxy A5/A7 2017
LG G6
Sony XZ / XZs / XZ Premium

Just keep in mind that with all those phones the dual SIM version is a separate version from the single SIM one so double check which one it is.

Forgot Galaxy A3 2017 and Xperia X Performance, dual SIM versions

How is Huawei P9 power management?

On a previous Huawei, I wouldn't get notifications on apps that I hadn't used in a while.

Yes, you can always return it if you get the 5.1. So what's the problem?

IIRC it's been fixed in the Nougat / EMUI 5.0 update. But if it's still happening this should fix it
forbes.com/sites/bensin/2016/07/04/push-notifications-not-coming-through-to-your-huawei-phone-heres-how-to-fix-it/#402b3fa31ccc

When are Lamni phones coming? I want similar to Redmi Note 4 but with better camera etc.

>similar to Redmi Note 4 but with better camera
Isn't Mi5x that?

Pixel XL when ?

October 2016

Shit only 3000mAh battery and over 300€ price tag. Xiaomi is missing good phones at 200-300€.

What did you disable specifically? I could use some more screen time and less botnet.

Any Moto Z Play users here? I'm close to copping one. Any downsides to it?

>accidentally deleted a video from my phone
>tried a data recovery tool
>phone can't root to recover it

What do?

It's gone

Camera isn't great, especially in low light. Otherwise damn decent phone.

Is the Coolpad Cool the coolest phone in the market, /spg/?
gsmarena.com/coolpad_cool1_dual-8272.php

How can I check which type of memory do I have? I'm about to order dat stupid sexy 10 plus leica machine.

Anybody knows what is the max safe current for Redmi Note 4?
The charger they give you outputs 0.35A (sic!), but phone is able to fully utilise my 1.5A charger I had lying about. Is it safe to use though?
How are phones aspecially shit Chink phones when it comes to overcurrent protection?

You can use an app called Androbench to measure the storage read speed, if it's +600MB/s it's UFS

Thanks.

Looking for a new phone in the US, AT&T is my carrier, and I'm willing to go used.

$250 budget, not looking for a large phone, don't care about the camera, but I do care about battery life and a snappy response. Android only. My last phone also died because the charging port went bad, so USB-C only.

What if it was deleted from the SD card

Well take it out of the phone, connect it to your pc and use a PC data recovery software

Is there any reason I'd want a galaxy s7 over the s8? Balking at the curved screen.

I'm a dumbass, what's a good tool for that

check the datasheet for the chip that handles charging with Device Info HW app

it's not a fucking computer psu lol

take into account the faster you charge your battery, the faster it shall die do to lithium oxidation.

Huawei Honor 6X

A little over your budget but worth it (blue and white are both $299)
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?iscoz=true&Item=75-646-001

>take into account the faster you charge your battery, the faster it shall die do to lithium oxidation.
So it will live longer if I use the 0.35A piece of shit? Not a problem since I charge overnight.
(Charging overnight is no longer bad for batteries, right?)

No idea

>check the datasheet for the chip that handles charging with Device Info HW app
It doesn't tell me max charge speed that is safe.