Fractal Design mITX cases

Do I go with Nano S or 304?

Nano S for pure KINO

Question, so uhh why would you want to blow hot air into the case for the one on the left?

I really hate how the Nano S has the GPU so close to the PSU. Pretty much no space to breathe, unless you use a SFX PSU.

For a case that big it sure has terrible airflow.

It's a shame too, since I really wanted to purchase the Nano S. Maybe I'll create an ITX build eventually.
Decided a while ago to go from my ATX to mATX and purchase the Define Mini C. Really like it.

Because in the scheme of things, it doesn't matter. The air coming out of the rad that's cooling only the CPU is only going to be a degree or two warmer than the air coming in.

The alternative - having the rad pull air from inside the case and exhaust out - could actually be worse (maybe not in this setup, but with an open cooler GPU), since GPUs tend to produce more heat than CPUs, and CPUs tend to be more temperature sensitive. You're choosing between a cooler CPU, or a cooler GPU/overall system, basically.

Is the defnine mini C even noticeablytsmaller than the ATX define cases? It seems like there's barely a difference.

Eh, it's like 10cm smaller in terms of height. It's certainly smaller than my previous ATX case, CM 690 III.

shh don't talk about air flow to mitx builders
let them find that out later, everyone has to make mistakes to learn from them

This should be coming out soon. A mATX case the size of a NCASE M1.

name?

Cerberus.

plastic garbage
get ncase m1

No matter what don't get the Node. Too big to be truly SFF, but cramped as shit inside to house decent internals.

I bought an Ncase M1 two days ago, did I fuck up

tfw accidentally ordered the painted black one instead of the raw white one
im fucking retarded just kill me

Really? I got the black one too after much deliberation, on the rationale that if it really bothers me that much I can just pay 80 bucks and get the raw aluminum panels. If you can afford $180 for a case that should be no problem for ya. Feel better user

There's literally no problem with it.

1cm or 10cm clearance won't make a difference as long as air cannot actually become trapped, which it cannot.

Nah you did okay.

You fucked up.

>airsoft

You have a keen eye with a good taste for high quality airsoft user, tell me more about your favorite airsoft user.

Is your use case gaming or anything else intensive such as gaming, video editing, or real time physics rendering? If yes the case on the right is not for you. The whole point of that case is to be quiet and stuff a bunch of drives in it. I have it with 36TB worth of drives in it as my server.

There is no white, it only comes in silver and black (the one in the pic is silver). Both are brushed and anodized, not painted. Only the interior chassis is painted black, and that's the same on both versions.

just emailed with my order id and asked to change it to the silver one

Had a MITX build in a nano s, would not recommend
You'll NEED a blower style card or a SFX PSU. My card regularly hit 80 celsius under load
Returned the parts and went MATX instead with the Mini C, 100% better

Here's the mini c

>functionality

I was kinda limited for choice of good looking mITX cases in Japan so I ended up going with the Nano S, because it looks good while being kinda small.

>My card regularly hit 80 celsius under load
80C is warm for a GPU. It doesn't give a shit about 80C.

Every mITX case that I can find is designed with full-sized GPU's in mind. I'm trying to put some old parts together to run a Linux box on so I can start learning, and I only need room for the motherboard, the ram, and a couple hard drives, but is going to have room and flow for an air cooler since I'm going to be using an i5 3570k (it's just a processor I have laying around).

Suggestions? I don't need it to look pretty, just be functional.

>make matx case
>call it itx

It doesn't fit an mATX motherboard.

exactly

So it's not an mATX case.

>20 liters
>itx

>its not trying to win awards for being the smallest case ever so it isnt an mitx case!

defeats the entire point of a compact platform. Might as well go matx at that point. You're inheriting all the problems that come with itx while sacrificing small form factor.

Except that's not true.
It has shit loads of space for drives. No problems with airflow (the complaints about the GPU space are just retarded people) and you can fit custom water cooling loops inside it.

If you're after the smallest case possible then it isn't for you. If you're after a small case with lots of room to work in and good airflow then it's great.