Mac

Every Mac had superior design and good enough hardware in their era. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>4GB good enough in 2017
>core m5 literally-a-celeron with no fan good enough in 2017
7/10 made me reply

Macintoshes are the supercars of computer industry.

>4GB
apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air
Both has 8GB RAM, hmm

Wrong.

Maybe true, possible not.

>Prove me wrong.

It's funny you posted that machine, which was RAM starved and totally inadequate at the time. Or maybe this is some metatroll thing, and here's another (U) in that case.

Wow, 8GB? Pretty advanced.

>8GB RAM
WOW HOLY SHIT
BASED APPLE AM I RITE?

Over heat, bad performance/money

I was just about to post something along these lines. I really like OP's machine.
But using one today even with older programs seems sluggish. It didn't matter back in the day so much as long as the cursor turned into a watch and you could keep moving the mouse around.
And yes it was completely ram starved and had no virtual memory so running out of memory was simply running out of memory.

Macbook power adapters are poorly made. The cords break very frequently.

trendy =/= good

>Mac
>posts picture of Macintosh
sure is summer

This mac you posted had a really bad case of overheating in general due Steve Job's insistence of not having a fan on it.
It was aptly nicknamed the "beige toaster" for a reason.

>no fan

courage

>think different
Aha!

>This mac you posted had a really bad case of overheating in general due Steve Job's insistence of not having a fan on it.
Jobs hated fans. He didn't like noise when the machine was running; too distracting.
The 128 and 512 Macs didn't have a heating problem and I challenge you to post any credible evidence that they did.
The Mac SE and SE/30 had fans because they had internal hard drives.

Fact: The Macintosh was so thoroughly blown the fuck out by the Apple IIgs that they had to deliberately gimp the IIgs' processor in order to even bring the Mac to market.

>superior design
literally melts itself

>gets corrected
>already activates damage control mode

>superior design
clearly doesn't remember fanless g5s

>maybe true
maybe if you weren't in your diapers back then you'd know better
unlike the older macs that actually had an advantage over x86 machines, the g5s were the bullet in the head for apple's now legacy systems

Obviously Apple products are way overpriced, but they have more sex appeal and that is what matters most

i'll let you guys in on a little secret: Sup Forums hates apple because apple makes decent products for computer illiterate people, and they're afraid they belong in that group (and most do).

>dell latitude vs this macbook that's really only a few hundred more but I added several grand worth of upgrades
uh, what? you want that shitty plastic laptop with the coil whine? okay then.

Why hasn't Apple ever come out with different cultivars? Like the Macintosh can be their smooth minimal spaceship and the Fuji can be their hardcore jagged battleship and the Gala can be a low cost plastic budget computer and the

This. They also say it's because of price, but the majority of people can easily afford Apple products. However, Sup Forums has many NEETs who truly are poor because they're welfare queens who suck on the tit of Uncle Sam which means they're so fucking poor they can't even afford an iPhone.

>Tl;dr Normal people with jobs and careers can easily afford Apple products but Sup Forums can't because most of them are NEET welfare fags.

Apple basically succeeded where decades of Linux development failed. They got normalfags to use a Unix-like OS.

This is also true. Mostly because they didn't act like autistic NEETs like Stallman and your typical Loonix fanboy.

I still use my powerbooks. Even 8MB of RAM is enough for very minor internet browsing and IRC.