>a i5 with 6 cores

wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-core-i7-8700k-6-core-cpu-specifications-details-leak/

D E S P E R A T E D

Does Kaby Lake even have ability to set all those different core turbo speeds?

I hope this is ringbus

just add more cores

A day late, a dollar short

I wonder if it'll work as bad as 7800x

>lga1151
Slot in upgrade for z270? Has the jew finally been beaten into submission?

>i5 8400
>2.8ghz locked clock
>people will still buy this over a r5 1600 even if it costs 260$ vs 199$ for the AMD chip

Its impressive how stupid people actually are

Does not guarantee backwards compatibility.

Ha ha just like Broadwells were drop-in upgrades for 80 series chipsets amirite?

I mean they have literally nothing new on the chipset this time around, skylake to kaby was drop in upgrade.

When broadwell was out intel was in full jew moad, times may be changing user.

4c is like 65w, 95w seems about right

It's gonna be
A
H O U S E F I R E.

Good. We've been stuck at four cores for too long.

Bet it will require a kaby lake cpu to upgrade the bios a min
Also I doubt most z270 mobos will have the VRM to OC the 6 core chip anyway
Its going to be slower than the 7700k in gaming as its clocked much lower across the board
Maybe the i3 will come as a quad core finally relishing the dual cores HT chips to pentium and below
Core i3 chips have been around as dual core four thread overpriced shit for 7.5 years now
Its time to stop. I dont think any i3 chip has been worth the price they are charging.

I guess 1152 pins on a new +240$ motherboard socket and +2% improvement are out of the menu by now

Yes, not its +0% improvement, but with moar coarz!

No, it's just that they still haven't managed to crank out a new µarch, which is where new sockets usually come in (SNB, HSW, SKL).

It's not using mesh or changed cache layout. It's Kaby Lake with more cores and less clocks.

i5-8600K
>6c/6t
>3.5GHz base
>1.5MB L2
>9MB L3
>95W TDP

R5 1600
>6c/12t
>3.6GHz base
>3MB L2
>16MB L3
>65W TDP

Is Intel taking the piss?

Yeah you're right according to this thing. I think we can also determine an OC to 4.5 GHz would eat up ~135 watts.

Seems like they're putting all their cards on the "MUH FLAGSHIP" i7-8700K and hoping everyone just buys that one.

While it's probably true that there's just no reason to not have moar coars with modern fabrication, it's also doubtful that there's much reason to. I'm considering buying a Ryzen just because it's fun with a new microarch, but I'm currently doing virtually nothing where I'm even using the four non-SMT cores on my i5.

>a i5
>a
>not an

fuck you OP

>less than 10% performance gain over default clocks even at the extremes
Why would anyone mess around with custom coolers, heat up their rooms and risk silent data loss for this shit? Overclocking desire should be classified as a disease.

yeah, I think they're still gonna try to aim for single core performance only so that they can go show how "Intel has better gaming performance" on their presentations about servers
also i did a mistake on that 3.6GHz base for R5 1600, should be 3.2GHz

>single core perf with 6 Intel cores
Not gonna to happen.

Her legs are going to be massive if she ever slims down.

1600X XFR's to 4.1 GHz
i7-8700K Turboboosts to 4.3 GHz on one core (if these leaks are correct)

Even when you factor in IPC that's not a huge difference.

Only CPU on this list that looks remotely interesting is the i7-8700K. What appears to be the i5-8600K looks rather anemic.

Fuck you, Op.
ftfy

Is anything known about the release date. I'll laugh my ass off if it's after Zen+.

there won't be zen+

covfefe lake will probably arrive before zen2 and attract all the dumb people unfortunately

Based on kaby arch, teorically chips could support up to 5ghz on a fair number of dies. All up to oc.

>not even 8cores/16threads

BACK TO THE RYZEN THREAD.

INTEL IS FUCKING FINISHED!!!

If only they had some sort of .. glue .. to hold them all together.

>inteltards buy coffee lake
>zen2 comes out a few months later, giving a 8 core cpu running at 4.5GHz and able to overclock to 5GHz and also a 10% IPC increase
>now AMD has processors with better single and multi threaded performance than intel

holy shit that table was made by dwarven Ironworkers

4ghz all core turbo? The very same numbers that are killing x299 at stock, doesn't look good.

Hmm, i5 8400 whould be interesting if there comes itx boards that can bclk oc like on some 1151 boards. It it's priced sanely...

>socket 1151
Neat.

BCLK overclock only worked on Z170, and that needs a BIOS update to use CPUs newer than Skylake

(((Conveniently))) that BIOS update blocks BCLK overclocking

t. currently using an i3 6100 at 4.6

Napkin math time. By my crappy calculations i7-8700K will be 15% faster single core and 9% faster multicore at stock. OCs are still pretty unknown at this point.

Oops forgot to mention I was comparing against a 1600X.

Yea I know, doubt we'll ever see it again sadly.

A friend upgraded to i5 6600k and a b150 board, he couldn't even set his ram to their stock 2400mhz, 2133 is all you get goyim.

INTEl NOOOoooOOOooooo

INTEL YES

You're not funny.

see
It's basically 64 watts*1.5=96 watts which is within expected range.

I for one welcome our new overlords

And it will be double the price because intel is fucking retarded.

Finally made the jumo from my 3570k to an R7 and im not looking back. Love my ryzen and really love the price. AMD did a damn good job shaking things up with Intel, i wish they wete able to do the same woth GPUs though

Revised shitty napkin math:

15-17% single core
9-11% multicore

MSRP will probably be $340-$350 just like before, I'd be really surprised if they raised the MSRP.

1600X MSRP is $250 so you're looking at $100 more for potentially single digit improvements. Unless you delid and OC at which point you're looking at a much higher price tag for more expensive cooling and an OC capable Z370 motherboard etc.

Yeah at least Polaris was a good mid-range performer before the miners swarmed in.

So Pentium is now 2c/4t, i5 is going to 6c/6t and i7 is 6c/12t.

Did they do the Pentium hyperbreading in preparation for 4c/4t i3's?

As core counts increase, they're running out of ways to artifically segment their market.

ID is 2438507 on Gelbooru. You're welcome.

>i
Yeah i was lucky enough to grab an rx480 for 180 on sale right before that. still wish i had like 1070 level performance tttas all i really need rx480 is just a tad under what i need.

good for her

wut. I'm running on 3k.

Yep, shame the fatties NOT at the gym.

being at the gym but still eating shit doesnt do anything and makes you die faster.

Sorry

>It's not using mesh
Source?

what a time to be alive. seeing intel so desperate is great.

fuck you fucking bastards. fuck you and your overpriced shit.

posting from my shitty i3 3200 ivy nigger bridge cpu and from my atom n2600 fucking abortion

i7 8700k
>6c/12t
>3.7 GHz base
>1.5 MB L2 (256KiB per core)
>12 MiB L3
>95W TDP

R7 1700
>8c/16t
>3.7 GHz base
>4 MB L2 (512KiB per core)
>16 MiB L3
>65W TDP

So, why would anyone buy a 8700k instead of a much cheaper R7 1700?

You are funny.

is their a ascii goatse sticker, i need one

I have various old Intel CPUs (and AMD) and still want to see them suffer for what they did in the Bentium 4 days.

>socket 1151v3

Forgot that part

Not confirmed yet. It's more of a sidegrade from Kaby Lake anyway.

Well, it can't be any worse than the Skylake-X abortion.

But it looks like it's launching late 2017, and Pinnacle Ridge is off a few months from it

>Pinnacle Ridge
Is probably cancelled.

Nothing indicates that.

>socket 1151
does this mean my z170 board was a good investment. three generations on one chipset.

>three "generations"
Which are Skylake with moar niggahurtz or moar corez.

the 1700 is a 3.0ghz base you fucking mook

The comparison is pointless since Intel's TDP figures have nothing to do with reality.

TDP ≠ power consumption

Yeah, especially when power consumption goes 3x over rated TDP

Not even Presshot was outright lying like this.

Gaymen.

Yeah just think off all those games optimized with Intel compilers.

"leak"

I don't even think 6 core Cofeelake will be something special, people are forgetting that the more cores you add the more latency you have, and 6 cores high clocking cores at 2 channels is far from optimal.
If Intel could have just slapped 2 cores already on skylake easily, it would have happened, those two cores need more bandwidth, more uncore and more everything and it seems like that "more everything" stays the same as the 4 core versions.

Secondly I don't believe for a second Intel would humiliate half its HEDT lineup with a mainstream CPU

>Secondly I don't believe for a second Intel would humiliate half its HEDT lineup with a mainstream CPU

if intel has proven anything this year it's that they're absolutely fucktarded enough to cannibalize their own sales

Maybe they've already written X299 off as a loss.

I would rather have a 1600X overclocked to 4Ghz on all cores than that 8700k that turbos to 4Ghz on all cores.

No game needs more than 4Ghz with modern IPC to do at least like 90fps. And most games do near or above 144 at that.
The gains for overclocking Kabylake to 4.5-5GHz on all cores are so tiny and not worth the motherboard/cooler cost.

How do you know that she is not eating well? People do not instantly get thin when they start working out and eating right.

I would rather have a 1600X period. 8700K is $100 more expensive for marginal gains and I can't upgrade to Zen 2 when it comes out.

>n IPC to do at least like 90fps. And most games do near or above 144 at that.
>The gains for overclocking Kabylake to 4.5-5GHz on a
90 fps? what do youneed 60 fps for? help hes trying to get 30 fps

THANK YOU BASED AMD

Punished Jew

at least she's trying man

Pls delet this photo

kek

A computer's heat is literally the electricity wasted to internal resistance.

>Lowering clockspeeds
>Chips will be slower than 7700k in all programs that use don't use more than 4c/8t

It's a sidegrade compared to 7700K. Better than 6700K which was literally nothing and arguably worse.

>all these AMDrones shook
>muh PinappleRidge
(lol