I was told that China and Korea have a naming system where all siblings share one syllable. E.g...

I was told that China and Korea have a naming system where all siblings share one syllable. E.g. Mao Ze Dongs two brothers where mao zemin and mao zetan. How does this system work? How do you pick which syllable is used?
Pic unrelated.

Not really that relevant but I had a japanese dude in my highschool who shared almost the same name with his siblings.
I don't know the right order but the three were named Toshiki, Toshi and Toshiyaki.

Maybe Nips have the same system.

Ip Man's sons Ip Chan and Ip Chun?

who's the semen demon on your pic OP?

My mom's brother's kids are named Minjung, Minju, Minyung, and Minu

Probably that's a lie.

Don't know from Ip Man but Rhee Syngman's two sons were Bong su and In Su.

In Korean names, the first syllable is the family name, such as Kim or Park or Lee. This is not their first name, it's actually their surname, but it appears first. This is likely that shared syllable you're talking about.
The second and third syllables function as their first name, such as Su-mi, Yeon-sung, or Dae-ho.
For example, 박수미 (Park Su-Mi); in the west we would say Su-Mi Park, and if she had a brother here named 박대호 (Park Dae-Ho), he would be called Dae-Ho Park.

In Korea this is not true.

Maybe some children have it but most don't.They already share one syllable from their last name anyway

No talking about a syllable in their two syllable names. For example Ki Jong-Il's brothers were Kim Pyong Il, Kim Man Il, and Kim Yong Il.

Korean name is like usually 3 syllables, with 1 being last name 2 being first name. (There are occasional 4 syllable names due to ppl w/ surnames that are two syllable e.g. being 남궁 (namgung), 선우 (son-u), etc)
And one of the 2 syllables of first name is often generational name which the whole clan use (clan is like the people with same last name and same place of origin which Koreans call 본관 (pongwan). For e.g., the Choson royal family was Lee clan of Chonju).
Such a generation name was not always used tho and most Koreans in younger generation nowaday don't know what it means.
Chinese and Vietnamese, and mb Japanese will have the same system as that clan and generation name system originated from China and Vietnamese, Koreans, and Japanese adopted many of such Chinese system w/ Confucianism and so
T. Korean American

So everyone in the entire clan has the same syllable le? How do you pick which syllable gets used?

is there Korean family name which have 2 or above characters?

>So everyone in the entire clan has the same syllable le? How do you pick which syllable gets used?
I suppose you replied to me ().
If the clan is small one, the entire clan uses the same generation name thing but if clan is large, different branches of one clan can use different ones.
I don't know how they pick up those generational name syllable. Half the people nowaday don't use that anyway. I think the way people use that generation name is kinda like how the Western people use middle name in that people care less and less about it and often just don't use them.

Also Japan seems to have the same system? Yukio Mishima ' brother was Chiyuki, sharing Yuki.

>Trump doesn't like pictures of cartoon women wearing little to no clothing
Well, that's more than enough motivation for me to vote against him.

Can someone explain how Japan and Korea got so cucked that even their normal counting numbers got replaced with Chinese, with the original normals barely surviving in specific usages?

Chinese were the Greco-Romans of the East.

?

>Chinese were the Greco-Romans of the East.
I don't know of a single language that got their numbers replaced by Latin or Greek numbers. In fact, the only other language that I know of that got their numbers replaced by another language's is some dialects of Berber numbers by Arabic numbers.

Well both Korean and Japanese still have their indigenous counting number preserved just as how T*rks use Persian countings and Turkic countings.

Peoples elsewhere got their entire languages replaced.

what do you mean?