youtube.com/watch?v=PYHvTTVMYt4
revistadehistoria.com.br/secao/entrevista/yeda-pessoa-de-castro
youtube.com/watch?v=WxWduvSNVws
youtube.com/watch?v=t9zJxA9NLWo
youtube.com/watch?v=EDhS5D7N9DE
youtube.com/watch?v=JSE52DgVCYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit

I'm learning Portuguese, because I hate french and hate spanish. Italian is good, but I have no use for italian so Portuguese it is.

But what use is Portuguese ?

Serious question

it's a little complicated, but it involves someone else.

Que passa aka esse?

Bunda

>hate spanish
>like portuguese
they are practically the same lmao
if you read one you can read the other

No hablo portugués

Spanish is like Portuguese but written with bad grammar and stupid pronunciation. It also has no glamour (especially the Mexican version of it).

Falo portugues

>Spanish is like Portuguese but written with bad grammar and stupid pronunciation
i think you've got that backwards, doc. poortuguese is spanish but spoken with a pinched nose and a huge overbite.

youtube.com/watch?v=55tM6Vag2sA
Portuguese is the superior spanish

Sou apaixonado por você

Is about the only thing I still remember but it's a funny ice breaker if you say it with an accent in a shy kind of way and you're white

faggot

no u

Portuguese is actually a dialect of the Brazilian language.

kkkkkkké vdd mlk

This, spanish is a shit version of Portuguese 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=VPs8oaEVIhM
Portuguese medieval songs are the best prove me wrong

I can't stand spoken portuguese as a native castilian speaker.

It's incredible how easy is to read portuguese but how difficult is to understand spoken-portuguese.

The problem is with Portuguese from Portugal, the accent is waaaay too heavy, sometimes Brazilians don't know what they're saying.

PT-Portuguese also doesn't have the word bunda, which makes their version of the language a thousand times worse.

>gringos elogiando essa praga de idioma

>how difficult is to understand spoken-portuguese.
Try the Colono Serrano dialect, from northeast Rio Grande do Sul.
youtube.com/watch?v=PYHvTTVMYt4

>the actual origin of the portuguese language
>the people who actually invented it
>THEIR accent is too heavy

I like this accent, way more legible.
The portuguese from Portugal sounds awful.

C-cute!

They invented it, we perfected it.

the only thing you perfected was the art of shit-slinging, juninho.

PT-Portuguese is a literal African dialect. Brazilians retained the open vowels, which is characteristic of classic Portuguese, as that of Camões, usually found in northern Portugal and some isles at the Açores.
revistadehistoria.com.br/secao/entrevista/yeda-pessoa-de-castro

brazilians also introduced words that the natives came up with, such as abacaxi over ananas.

comes up to sandnigger language vs junglenigger language desu

Your whole country has native names all over it, Bo-Jin Kuong.

You literally can't tell apart Portuguese than Angolanos

my country is literally named for a native word, joao. i didn't say i had a problem with that, but you're the one calling out pt pt for having shitskin influence when you're not much better.

>Can't take a joke.
You should consider growing a second layer of skin.

i have like six layers of skin gilberto, it's why i can go out in -30 without wearing a coat, but why being in anything above 30 degree weather melts me like the wicked witch of the west

this is glorious

Catarinense do Pommer:
youtube.com/watch?v=WxWduvSNVws

Every Germanized dialect from SC sounds awful, and Pomerano in particular is probably the worst. Serrano sounds a lot better. And Pomerano isn't too different from mainland Catarinense, aside from the Niederdeutsch borrowed words that apparently not even Germans can understand, when they're not outright speaking Hunsrik, which is rare and probably more common among the Niederrheiner inbred rednecks living at the deep countryside.

Mainland Riograndense, Catarinense and Paranaense all sound very similar. Those crazy variants are always from the far countryside, or cities like Uruguaiana and Alegrete with heavy Porteño influence.

This is pretty much standard for all 3 states, and I'm certain anyone can understand.
>youtube.com/watch?v=t9zJxA9NLWo

This one is more typically spoken abroad at the countryside of Rio Grande do Sul, and still not very different from the standard, aside from being slightly more Spanish-ish and having very open vowels. Posted earlier on /luso/.
youtube.com/watch?v=EDhS5D7N9DE

Ananas is also a native word you retarded. They're both Brazilian words. We just chose abacaxi.

Pineapples are native to Brazil anyway, we can call it whatever the fuck we want.

>From Guaraní naná
>From Portuguese abacaxi (“pineapple”), from Old Tupi ibakatí.

100% correct. Been here for two years. Taking Portuguese classes for two years. With a bit of help from dictionary I can read newspapers, even books. But for the life of me, I can't understand shit when it comes to spoken Portuguese.

Weirdest shit, went to Valencia last month and while never had any Spanish lesson I was able to understand spoken Spanish better than spoken Portuguese.

I didn't even know pineapple = ananas. The fruit itself is also native to South America, so it's only reasonable it has a Native American name.

I never heard ananás before, not even here in RS where you'd expect more Guaraní borrowed words. Does Brazil still uses ananás somewhere?

>Retardados sem cultura com complexo de vira lata

I've learned Swedish because of a girl desu

Me sinto tao só gente, alguem fala comigo

Oi, anônimo brasileiro. Como você vai?

Olá, como vai voismicê?

Vou muito mal. Nao consigo estudar, minha concentração está negativa... e to numa seca terrível e sem amigos.
E vc como vai?

Meu melhor amigo conheceu minha ex e em uma semana pegou ela, quer cortar os pulsos coletivamente?

Bom eu provavelmente tentaria lhe estuprar durante a noite. Sou boiola

Vou mal. E Vossa mercê, como vai?

VAI TOMAR NO CU, FILHO DA PUTA!

NINGUÉM LIGA, MORRA, SEU GORDO IDIOTA.

SSC fora

Se ela é sua ex vc não deve mais ligar
E ele nao é seu melhor amigo. Nao perdeu nada de valor
Rejoice.

Estou me sentindo bem, embora eu esteja um pouco bebado. Em casa teve festa e eu passei a noite bebendo, virei a madrugada jogando cs go.

Sobre a seca, eu estou na mesma situação. Tenho 22 anos e nunca namorei, nem nunca senti muita vontade. O que fode é ser o único da senpaiília que não tem namorada. Desperdicei as poucas chances que eu tive. Eu gasto o meu tempo com filmes e hobbys passageiros, talvez um dia a coisa mude , mas por enquanto vou vivendo assim

>asq trabalho em 15 minutos

Só quatro horas mas ainda assim...

>thread:
>129,102,919 Brazilians
>1 Portuguese

Everytime.

>Real life
>200 million brazilians
>about tree fiddy portuguese

It is what it is

But there's only like 3 villages in Brazil that have internet.

Great banter.

It really is...

> There are Brasileiras browsing Sup Forums RIGHT NOW

> You will never cuddle with them under the sunset

I don't know how to deal with this tbqh.

Pare de jogar videogame, quantos anos vc tem, 12?
Eu também nunca namorei. Mas ja trepei. Vc ja trepou? Ja? Ja? Nao? Nunca? 22 e virgem, anão? Não pode assim.
Se bem que eu não posso falar... sendo gay é mais fácil conseguir sexo. Embora mais difícil de achar um bofe permanente.

Its like hugging a fat Maori woman but only hairier

I would trade every Maori we had for pardo/branco brasileiras. I will get my qt Namorada when I come visit.

I know that feel.

>I will take all your whites and give you more brown

You evil conniving bastard.

I can't believe you saw through my foolproof plan.

At least they'll assimilate pretty well in Favela Culture

here we go again....

Hi.

Are the Maoris a problem there?

algum br??

one of the main reasons for me
yeah i'm actually been trying to learn french due to my ethnic background but gave up (I'm Haitian american)
also did a dna test turns out i have no french dna but a decent amount of Iberian dna

Spanish is meh but Portuguese is pretty cool.

Also i like Brazil more than the majority of Spanish speaking counties and it's easy to learn Spanish after learning Portuguese anyway.
>The Portuguese from Portugal sounds awful.
yeah we all know that that's why no one wants to sound like them but instead like Brazilians

stop bullying Portugal you fucks

Spanish suuuuuuucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=JSE52DgVCYY
No other language can have such a long dialogue thread without saying literally anything about nothing, just using colloquial expressions.

Yes, he sounds like a nerd, that's part of the comedy sketch.

Is super easy tho both read and understand Spanish native speakers for us.

All you foreigners will never understand the meaning, or lack thereof of "Ah e tal"

Spoken Spanish feels like a subset of Portuguese. Same thing as written, but those are more similar.

My Hue brethren. I'm attempting to learn Portuguese but Duolingo is shit. I need good resources, do you guys have any thing that would help me learn the language?

Where are you from? Because I'm starting to believe you are a real shitter. I've known Ukrainian and Australian people who've started speaking semi-correct Portuguese with others in one year.

Watch soap operas i guess and movies

PT-PT or PT-BR?

Brazilian, I'm going there in a few months and I'm bored so I might as well attempt to learn the language past como vai voce
what about childrens books? im assuming those would be easy to find online

Well sure, but i dont know any sorry we have some comics so you could look that up i guess

Then I don't have anything to help you with, sorry.

>"Se o mar pudesse cantar, cantaria a língua Lusa."
Fato.

Most people can't understand spoken Portuguese because of its nasal vowels. Any culture native to a language that lacks nasal vowels will have difficulties understanding Portuguese, as the sound would be alien to your comprehension and therefore you don't really know how those nasal vowels are linked in a word.

I'm also yet to see a forasteiro speaking proper Portuguese.

flocos de neve em janeiro
coraçao quente como fevereiro
i wouldnt ordinarily
march to the drum play a fool like april
may the best dance in a juno bridal
poder da vontade julius e augustus
aw you know its just us
em um novo semestre em setembro
eu me pergunto se voce ainda se lembra

You have a problem in European Portuguese that we have a LOT of vowel phonemes. I think we have 18 different ones?

The "a" in "gato" and "sal" are slightly different, with "sal" being ever so slightly lower, and everyone says them differently without noticing. And it sounds weird when you mix them. Our 'R's are a bit harsher than the Spanish and softer than the French and they are not fake 'R's like in English.

Gramatical rules out the wazoo as well. Not to metion arbitrary object genders and no-rule prepositions like "no Brazil" and "em Portugal", despite both being male names, or "Na França" e "Em Inglaterra" despite both being female. Lot of curve balls, good for detecting spies.

this is disheartening

For what it's worth, I've been fooled by an American speaking Brazilian English (although that wouldn't pass in Brazil), but I have never heard a non-accent European Portuguese from someone that didn't learn it from a young age in Portugal. Even second-generation emigrants sound off.

>"fato"
>não "facto"

I'm not looking for perfection, I'm not even trying to not get laughed at by my accent. I just want to seriously try to learn the language and speak with my Brazilian girlfriend and her family in Portuguese. I'll get a textbook or some shit to seriously learn the bulk of the language and try to speak with her or other Portuguese speaking friends to work on the pronunciation

People just get mad because most fereigners dont even try to hide the accent, so they sound like the stereotype, mostly the americans and the spanish people, if you at least try to roll your rs i dont think people will care

Yeah, that's great. I'm saying perfection is not attainable, but it's not needed either. We are aware of how hard the language is.

I can't really speak for Brazil, but I think they will share this opinion: As long as you try to speak Portuguese and don't insist on trying Spanish, people will respect it and appreciate it. English is fine, but it's pretty low-effort for a son-in-law in your case, which is why I assume you're trying.

Brazilian should be easier, though, and have more uniform pronunciation rules, I feel. Reading should help, but maybe try some dubbed American tv-shows and/or movies? They dub everything in Brazil, so you should be able to find them easily. Maybe some animated stuff so you don't try to read the lips.

And if for some reason know French learning Portuguese is pretty easy, the French are the best foreigners speaking it by far

My girlfriend was an exchange student and she came with another Brazilian kid from the same university. She was decent already but his English was fucking garbage 6 months ago and I helped him so much his adviser couldn't believe it was the same person. If people get mad at me in Brazil for speaking with an accent I'm just going to give up and learn Spanish in spite.
I've been trying to pronounce são and não for like a month now and apparently it still sounds retarded. I don't understand why this shit is so hard to pronounce.

Chill bro, they dont really get mad that was a mistake, just dont look like the ''gringo on vacation in central america'' you know with the hawaiian shirts and broken spanish

>If people get mad at me in Brazil for speaking with an accent I'm just going to give up and learn Spanish in spite.
Easy now. You don't want to sleep in the couch.

A lot of Brazilians use dubs instead of subs, so they have a hard time learning new languages. Most Europeans (germans,have the same problem. Scandinavians and for some reason Portuguese don't do this and we generally have less difficulties with accents after 2 or 3 weeks of acclimatisation.

>são
Yeah. This, "lh" and "nh" are probably the worst for an English.

The trick to "ão" is to say a regular short "a" (or "uh", as in up) , then immediately block all air flow from going to your mouth to do the ã (like you're immitating a racing car going by, I guess), then slide to the closed 'o'. Nasal words are weird.

no woman is worthy the effort my burger friend...