What are some cultural practices of your country that stupid foreigners will NEVER EVER understand?

What are some cultural practices of your country that stupid foreigners will NEVER EVER understand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5IShjTm2hA
youtube.com/watch?v=SWI1-KKgGz0
flexx.no/ostfold/
youtube.com/watch?v=uhEpMJ3n_wU
vocaroo.com/i/s1RaXNuB4r40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Independence day

What's so odd about a chuck wagon?

hanging out in a tim hortons parking lot

Don't they have an indoor area where you don't have to freeze your tits off?

Lol we have theseservice small buses that are called service cabs, they have a designated rout but they can be more flexible with where they let you get off, unlike buses. Anyway, sincecab people are generally in a hurry, and the driver cant drive and calculate how much money he needs to take and shit, people just board the cab and give other passengers the money so they can pass it forward to the cab driver.
So one time I had a friend from Russia come visit me and we took a service cab and sat near the driver. I wasn't paying attention while people gave him the money to deliver to the driver, and he was just was kinda wierded out. not knowing what to do, he took the money and heput it in his wallet like that. I found out about it when we got off, when he asked me what the hell was he supposed to do with that money.
Laughed my ass off

>Taking the piss.jpg

Microwaving water is perfectly fine and gets the job done fast.

fuck y ou

kill yourself

That's interesting and weird

Filthy prison colonists wouldn't understand

The exact same thing is also in turkey.

Explain bubbling

>A Russian not knowing how a marshrutka works

what is the practice of pissing into your own mouth called?

Fika

-Getting into a loud argument with your friends is perfectly fine.
-You don't put bread in your plate, but on the table.
-Tips for services isn't a normal thing. Just when you had a great service.
-Crosswalks are barely an indication, just jump on the road and survive.

Maybe some of you can point out some "strange" things you saw in France and I can try to explain.

who is that fluid druid?

I have heard conflicting personal accounts for the third point. Or is it something that is just for Paris.

Go to jewtube

search for "novinha dancando"

get a billion results of little hue monkeys shaking their asses

Obrigado Brazil

example
youtube.com/watch?v=U5IShjTm2hA

>and the driver cant drive and calculate how much money he needs to take and shit
I thought you people are 1st world...

Why can't you guys drive over there?
I can't tell you how much I hate driving in Paris (specifically) It's literally New Delhi tier.

Well, I can't talk about Paris, but I've never been to a place where tips were expected.
Plus we don't have them on the actual bills.

Why can't you drive on the right side ?

Serisously I don't know why we are so shit driver. But at least when you learn to drive in France you can rive everywhere : you're ready for anything.
I live in a touristic area, so bad drivers are usually people who are kinda lost or don't uderstand than people actually live here and that they can't just stop in the middle of the road to look at the scenery.

How educated do you think he is if he's the equivalent of a buss driver?

>foreigners will never understand
we have the exact same thing, in minibusses as well

>these people have nukes but they dont have cab meters.

All of that also happens in Spain

filename

Well, haven't spent enough time in Spain to know that.
I started with things I heard on other threads but yeah, it can be the same in others countries.

That's why I asked them to ask me.

if you think a regular taxi meters solves the problem, you dont get how these cabs operate

We only have sweet things for breakfast believing we'll have a sweet day.
(no salty heavy food, bacon, beans, fried eggs etc.)

forgot pic

lots of ex-USSR states, middle eastern countries and East Asian countries have this

Never knew this was the reason...

i forgot N.africa

Please enlighten me then.

lel oh yeah just like at the bubbler.

We have a bunch of customs around death and mourning. I had a friend from Italy acompany me in an oldfashioned funeral and he was completly weirded out.
youtube.com/watch?v=SWI1-KKgGz0

Every night of the national feast and for the new year, young people go out and burn cars.

And here I thought my ex was insane when she baked a chocolate cake for me in the morning (lived in Paris for a while).

We actually have these but they are mostly used by the elderly and otherwise mentally handicapped

are you sure you're not confusing them with those buses for actual elderly and handicapped and people in wheelchairs?

I doubt norway has something similar to those service cabs

flexx.no/ostfold/

Looks like it's limited to four administrative regions in the country. It's marketed towards the handicapped and elderly but nothing stops healthy people from booking a trip. It's not like they judge how impaired you are when you climb in.

It may be encountered in France, but only in special places like a rich commune with elderly population or a very touristic place yet far from the main public transport services. These are frequently free.

It's that the toilet paper in a box meme has nothing to do with hygiene. It was just that some old buildings had very thin pipes that clogged. Some new buildings don't have the problem.

Problem is some greeks haven't figure it out yet and they still put them in a box even if not required.

>What are some cultural practices of your country that stupid foreigners will NEVER EVER understand?

We don't trust Muslims one bit and have extended surveillance on every Muslim living in the country, if one writes on Facebook that he is mad and wants to kill or hurt someone then his photo and details spread out across the country to every security organization, everything from a photo, address, name and what he said or wrote.

>t. Security guard

Banter

The right one is weirdly cute.

Stupidity aka russian soul

ITT: "We're all special" circlejerk

>A jew and a russian get on a bus
>The russian steals the money not the jew
Was it opposite day?

What is hard to understand about breakfast?

>young people

he mean arabs

Vaskning (eng: "sinking").

It's where you order the most expensive bottle of champagne at a club and ask the bartender to pour it out in the sink.
Trend amongst youngsters in the Swedish upper class.

Mysterious post.

All except the tipping is a thing here.

What the actual fuck

What

>-Tips for services isn't a normal thing. Just when you had a great service.

Pretty sure that's just the yanks that do that.

Some backwater parts of my homecountry are fond of blood-taking.

NOOOO~

---***--- TRIGGER WARNING FOR AMERICANS STARTING HERE ---***---

There's also "hamburger dumping" which means you go to McDonalds, order like 50 cheeseburgers and then just throw them in the bin.

Owning a gun is a symbol of maturity, intelligence, mental competence, and masculinity. Those who do not own guns are considered to be childish, girly, unintelligent, submissive, and mentally incompetent losers totally dependent upon society and the government to protect their delicate panties

That's just stupid and decadent

Totally understand

What the fuck? Thats the kind of retarded tradition I would expect from places with tons of inequality like Brazil. Not Sweden.

>Drives in the left
>Bonfire night?
>Strong class system?
Idk foreigners tell me some British specific practices you've seen or heard, can't think of any more.

That's the point though. Just saying "fuck you, I'm rich".

Here's a sketch about sinking:
youtube.com/watch?v=uhEpMJ3n_wU

Why?

this 2bh

Yeah, literally sounds like some nouveau riche shithole getting it dole from oil or something...

That doesn't change anything. It's still stupid.

Adoration of your queen.

Swedes are arrogant and egoistic, it's not really surprising that a custom like such would develop there

Confusing americans on purpose

Ah yes!

to show off that you have a lot of money

Well, I think it's BECAUSE we are such an equal country. The small percentage of upper class there is thus want to revolt extra hard. They're under constant scrutiny from the masses, taxed heavily and openly mocked. For example, some year ago there was even arranged an "upper class safari" in Stockholm, lol. A service drove around in a bus in the rich neighborhoods and looked and pointed at the rich people with the purpose to "nourish your class hatred".

That's cool. Uberpool is the greedy capitalist American version of that

I'd like to disagree with you, but I can't.

pi day
no other country has 3/14 as a date

She doesn't look Kurdish

Fucking disgusting.
I'd confront anyone I saw do that and then follow them and key a burger into their car while they're inside the next place they went

what

Funny how Americans only ever pronounce the date correctly on the 4th of July..

>upper class safari
Next time I go to Stockholm I know what to look forward to.

the majority of people around here in speech actually just say "july 4th" kek

That sounds quite fun actually.

They call those Marshutkas in Ukraine and they are all over the place. I imagine they have them in Russia too, you're buddy was probably just playing the ignorant tourist to get some free money. pretty funny

>'greedy capitalist'

I'd throw eggs at these people.

Weather forecasts include info on solar acitivity and magnetic storms, dumb housewives think it influences their health

This desu, mr. kike must be making things up

vocaroo.com/i/s1RaXNuB4r40

>look at me i'm so much better and smarter than you circlejerking peasants xD
get out then, stupid cunt

>YOLO: the country