Is it true that in Europe all the shops stay closed on Sunday?

Is it true that in Europe all the shops stay closed on Sunday?

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/03/economist-explains-15
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I was in Germany, and I've been there 3 times, everything basically grinded to a halt on Sundays because everything either wasn't open at all or closed extremely early

Only in Catholic countries I think

Is America not a Christian nation?

Yes, in theory, so that your boss doesnt pressure you to work 7 days a week.
In reality there are still some shops open, not much though, they changed some laws to allow sunday work.

Not all of them. We have gas stations and small grocery stores open but they are few and far between. All detail and retail is closed. Restaurants are open though.

depends where in Europe. Supermarkets close at 4pm on Sunday in the UK, due to trading regulations, but pakishops stay open till normal time. Imagine if you were in a village your shop might close at 4pm..

And it caused a national stir with the trade-unions.

Like it should

only churches should be open on sundays

Not in Scotland, most supermarkets stay open until 8pm.

Yes. Do you belong to one, by any chance ?

puto

No it would take me too much time on my procrastination schedule

There isn't a Frenchman alive who isn't a member of a trade union

Our stores are free to be open whenever they want.

It doesn't take time if you just pay the cotisation without being a militant.

Isn't it a British invention ?

A lot of smaller stores are closed or close early on Sundays, but all big stores (except alcohol monopoly store) and most restaurant are open. AFAIK it's more common in Norway and Denmark.

Depends on the town, but most do indeed stay closed.

Some smaller specialty shops are closed early or don't open at all on Sunday, but most shops are open. All the bigger ones are open till ~23:00.

yeah expect gasstations with shops in it but high prices this shit sucks so hard.im already on my way to an gasstation cause im fuckin hungry.just nuke us man

Yes atleast here, it comes from tradition where everybody would be at church or something like that and so shops are closed.

Only during the holy month of Ramadan :^)

No, it's not true.

Yes, you're also not supposed to make a lot of noise (e.g. mowing your lawn)
It's not illegal but frowned upon

No, i live in a very Christian area (bible belt) and literally every shop is open. Most shops are closed on monday.

>Dutch Christianity

Don't know where you live, but there are limited Sunday hours at most stores in the state of my birth (MA); most places are only open 12-5. And liquor stores and bars used to be closed on Sundays, although that is less uniformly the case now. Massachusetts still has some archaic blue laws (no alcohol in supermarkets, etc.), because our Puritan forebears didn't want people drunk in church. Blew my mind when I moved to California where one can buy vodka in a supermarket at 1AM.

Based Atheist

But then how do Germans contain their excitement knowing that it's only ONE more sleep till they can go back to work again ?

it is satanic

it is bullshit, we got lidl which is open sunday and saturday and makes 90% of that money on those days.

24/7 would be much better, AMERICA YEAH!

I also live in bible belt area and when people asked to open the shops on sundays the answer went like this: NO

general rule is that stores are open half day on sunday

the small stores, kiosks are closed
restaurantes are opne till 17:00 or 18:00

it also is changes in which town you are
in Kranj its open till 13:00
in Ljubljana til 15:00
but in Lj you have 3 generals stores that are open everyday
some private backeries are open 24hours
you cant buy alko past 21:00 in any store(hefty fines)

Because we are traditional christians.
Not like america were you dont respect the sunday.

economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/03/economist-explains-15
>less than 8% of employees in France belong to a trade union, a figure that has collapsed from a high of about 30% in the 1950s. The figure today is below that in Britain (26%), Germany (18%) and even America (11%). In the French private sector, the rate is lower still: just 5%, next to 14% among civil servants.

Shop opening hours were fully liberalized at the end of last year.
Shops are still adjusting their opening hours up and down individually, as there's considerable variation on what's locally economically feasible and what is not.

I don't live in a christian area (Eemland) and most shops are closed on sundays

Good goy, now just move that from Sunday back to Saturday.

>says the only country in the world that circumsises people alongside israel

that's a good goy right there

H-hold your horses lad, stop bringing logical arguments into Sup Forums

>Germany
>Christian

Protestantism and Catholicism isn't Christian.