Meme professions

>visit US&A
>go for a coffee
>chat up a girl behind counter
>ask what she does besides being waitress
>she gets insulted; claims she is not waitress but barista
>I ask where did she go to school to be barista
>she gets angry and doesn't wanna talk anymore

Is there a more meme profession as barista? Every moron can make a coffee here and we don't feel a need to give them a special name.

Tell me about meme professions in your country Sup Forums. What is the memest of them all?

>American education

what is the diffrence between baristar and bartender? they're both professional and educated

>Mixing squeeze bottle syrups

>A profession

If they were public sector employees they would be unionized.

>things that happened

>what is the diffrence between baristar and bartender?
Well that was kinda my point, they are kinda all the same here, no need to feel fancy cause you are making a coffee.

Don't forget, they can make shapes in coffee using cream

Not trying to be smartass here, but you've kinda fucked up where you didn't pick up on her feeling insulted. A normal human being would have gone 'Sorry, etc.' and keep the conversation going in a peaceful and calm manner.

I seriously don't get edgelords who want to make a point by just being obnoxious faggots.

barista generally serves coffee and tea

bartender generally serves booze

barista is literally bartender in italian
and a waitress is more "classy" than a bartender

Fuck yeah! Never saw that shit before. You need to master the cream drawing to be barista?

I have more respect for a bartender or a barista than a server.

Those two former actually create things to preference. They make things. A server just walks things to a table. Both are easy though.

They do get training on how to do that stuff.

a what? isn't that a soccer player or something?

I have a lot more respect for bartenders desu. All the different recipes and combinations, you never get a slammed coffee shop like you do with popular bars, having to remember tons of orders at a time, etc.

Baristas literally just use machines to make everything.

I get what you mean with servers, but usually with amounts of tables they have it leaves a lot of room to forget something/mess something up. I know a lot of people say that it's stupid to tip/pay for someone being fake nice, but honestly to me my meal is a lot more enjoyable in general when the people I'm interacting with are legitimately pleasant.

I was not edgelord at all, I calmly and respectfully asked if she went to some school/course for barista. I just never heard about baristas before. I'm not an asshole who puts people down because of their work; I consider every work honorable. Otherwise, I would despise 98% of my family.

>americans literally stole the word "barista" from the italian language to split the bartender profession just to jew out on courses to qualify for it
>mfw barista actually means bartender

>I say something to someone I'm obviously invested talking to
>the said person is surprised/offended by my choice of words
>corrects me or makes another suggestion
>I disregard it and I press the wound even more, making the point
>the said person disregard me/continues feeling insulted/abandons our conversation/excuses herself
Shocking, really

Asking where they went to school is 'pressing the wound'. Alright Croatia

It's commonly known, at least here, that there are no "schools" to be a barista, especially for a chain coffee store. You might get some training like said for the artistic side of it, but that's usually local shops only.

Granted OP may not have known that, but here if you say that then it could definitely be making matters worse.

Then she's just a cunt desu

You missed the whole "There is no schooling to be a barista" thing. It's literally a title to make the 23 year old girl serving you feel special. Like "Oh I'm not a sleazy bartender, I'm a barista".

Medical doctor

>Granted OP may not have known that, but here if you say that then it could definitely be making matters worse
Exactly, I just had zero idea what barista is. Also, why would you be fuckin insulted if one asks if you have some training to be called barista. I worked in a bar and I had 30 min course to learn how to print a receipt and how to use coffee machine.

so sensitive

less cunts, more whores!

intresting how she doesnt have a useless art degree.

>not passive agressively making fun of somebodys shit job (a.k.a bantering)

be ashamed of your flag sir

Walmart greeters are easily the biggest meme profession.

Barista course is one of those weekend classes you take to add to your resume and learn something new. Also all the coffee I've had at coffee shops just burns the beans.
Also
psychiatrist, just a dear diary with a pill dispenser.

>Here's the coffee you ordered 15 minutes ago
>Sure it's cold, but look at the nice drawing on top!

People that stand on the traffic light and when it's red they flock to your car to sell you shit, or even worse, to "clean" your windshield with filthy water that leaves it even worse and they don't even ask you before doing it.
And when you tell them to fuck off they ask you for money, if you don't give it to them they shoot the filthy water or spit all over your car and leave you with a mess.

>not stabbing the tires

pretty nice of them to just spit on you and leave

> I'm not an asshole who puts people down because of their work; I consider every work honorable.

> Making a resentful thread called "meme professions" after being disrespecful about someone's passion

That's a more honest day of work than being a fucking 'barista'

haha we got them too

I'm not putting her down; I'm just amused that you need a special name/profession for something that is here considered as trivial student job. Which I was doing for a while so no need to be butthurt. Chill and eat some waffles.

I think you're being harsh on OP here, thus sounds like some kind of misunderstanding. The barista girl probably felt insecure about working at a coffee store when she went to college to do something else and construed OPs comments as condescending or passive aggressive, and OP was kind of oblivious to her subtle irritation at his questions.

>Baristas literally just use machines to make everything.

Depends what shop you go to, at Starbucks everything is pretty automated and shit but that's like judging bartenders by how they do drinks at TGI Fridays.

High end coffee has a lot of manual components that require care and attention from the person making it. Maybe most people don't give a shit if their drink is perfect but you could argue that with most people getting mixed drinks or getting beer at a bar.

Did not happen

OP seems like an obnoxious autist. I had a friend like him once and he happened to be the only person I knew who browsed Sup Forums. Maybe he moved to Portugal.

I'm a barista.... cliche music degree holding barista.

fug.

In Sweden a legitimate work title is "kebab technician". I always wanted to become that growing up but I didn't pass the exam so now I'm just a humble garden worker instead.

Are all baristas qts?
I want a qt barista gf

Yes. Pic related is average barista

I've fallen in love

you hurt my feelings, apologize