What Languages are you learning on Duolingo lads?

What Languages are you learning on Duolingo lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

learnrussian.rt.com/lessons/
pef.uni-lj.si/markor/zbirkacb.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

None at the moment. I started the swedish course recently, but lost interest. I might check out the hungarian course, even though I heard it's not that good.

What about you?

None. What do you guys recommend?

Ukrainian

German and Italian, I'm thinking about starting Hungarian as well for reasons I don't really understand

Well what are you interested in?

So is this duolinguo the new livemocha? I learned a pretty good deal of portuguese using livemocha. I want to learn a new language, is duolinguo free?

Thanks

It says Spanish and Russian but I haven't logged in for many months.

yeah its free.

None. Would try Russian if its duolingo wasn't so shit.

Bought an Assimil and regrets it a bit.

>Bought an Assimil and regrets it a bit.
why ?

You using mobile? If so, use mobile browser, then you have lession notes (not just trial and error grammar)

Is great for Russian.

learnrussian.rt.com/lessons/

Not really what I wanted. The progression is a bit slow, with not enough grammatical rules explained, and the format is terrible IMO.

Méthode 90 is better, but requires much more time.

French so I can flirt with all the African students

Italian.

>using Duomemego
I listen to German radio when I'm behind my computer.

None because duolingo a shit
/Thread

Thanks lad ! Didn't know about it. RFI has the same thing in French, for those interested.

It was already shitty for the alphabet and conjugation, I didn't know too much further.

Do natives correct learners and vice versa? Livemocha was fun, I had a great deal of Brazilian qts added on msn messenger.

Ah. Learn the alphabet somewhere else, Duolingo is bad at that. Shouldn't take too long.

Polish

Irish and Welsh. I'm waiting for Korean 2bh.

Irish Gaelic and Swedish

Already have it. I'm in about 10% of the content in a book called Méthode 90, pretty good for grammar but horrible for vocabulary :(

The highest I reached was the 3 tenses in perfective + imperative + Prepositional + Genitive + "I have..." + a few things about movement verbs and pronouns

But almost zero vocabulary to complete it :(

French and Russian

No, don't think so.

German
I'm waiting for Czech too

Ti si hodajuća mema

/rus/ might help with that

Learning Swedish atm. Just 41 more branches until I finish the tree. Why are languages so complicated?

"Master russian", Google it, and see if it satisfies your need

Russian. May be useful.

Anyone know of any (free) resources for Farsi?

Spanish and Russian both from English

Also doing Catalan from Spanish now that I've got a fair level of Spanish

Just ask your neighbour.

I tried learning norwegian but read that its has many dialects and shit and not to bother. Im gonna study in denmark next year and idk if i should start the course on duolingo in danish. Anybody has experience with this?

>"Pust' on gotovit uzhinu"
God damn it, like a neanderthal speaking my language

Persian language learning pack on katDOTcr, among the first results
Memrise Farsi basics (thousands of vocabulary words) and a "dried" app, "Learn Persian"

Any better places to learn? Cyкa ыyaт

Already used it for a couple questions

Don't understand shit, and can't even google translate it

Danish Will make Norwegian look like a vacation. Let it not discourage you, just learn the Oslo/TV dialect

We also had great difference in dialect here, the two regions systematically couldn't understand themsleves. Like two different languages drifted apart (culturally, what's more important)
Mass media solved it during the 20th century (radio, education in both Yugoslavias). At the detriment of both of them, sadly...

Use "Yandex" translator for /Rus'/ threads, and wiktionary as well

>already used master Russian
I suspected as much...
Wikipedia's section on learning the Russian alphabet is neatly made. Did you? I learned Perso-Arabic script using the wikipedia article on Farsi

Are you going to go Snowden on the US?

t. not CIA btw

I just finished Spanish, thinking about starting French, German, Swedish, or Turkish.
Anybody want to decide for me?

How much spanish can you speak now

We can't make this decision for you, and anyone who dies is not working for your best interests.

You need to set a few parameters first, that will equip you with the necessary motivation and "devotion" to pursue it actively

1. How close is it to my mother tongue?
2. My beliefs/opinions and knowledge of the country
3. Do I have the time and are resources readily available/what is their quality?
4. My ultimate expectations/way of employing my knowledge

I can understand most of what's posted in /lat/, and I can hold a conversation fairly well. Intermediate level, I'd say.

Dobesedno najboljši trije jeziki za slovenščino.

Debes tener español gracioso igual que todos los americanos

Why are you learning Welsh and Irish? My dialect of Slovenian is pretty much a Celtic language, I can understand them easily

German.
did 2/3 of the tasks I plan to finish about next month.

>haven't learned anything new on Duolingo in months
>keep using it because my autism won't allow me to break my 300 day streak

Rovtar?

>learnrussian.rt.com/lessons/

Looks pretty good. How far would this get me as a complete beginner?

I completed the Italian tree last year.

For me the best thing about duolingo was the streak. It made me to do some italian every day (my target was like 50xp), and when i started i often didnt mind doing more work from other sources. Sadly i missed a day and then fell off the wagon completely not long after.

Točno!

Ne brini, ja učim slovenski

Estoy de acuerdo, los Americanos no tienen pronunciar "r" especialmente. Gracias por recordarmelo ahahaha

Booking a room and spamming UNA VELA XDDDDD doesn't count as "holding a conversation".

pueden*, not "tienen"
Ay caramba

Is Ruskie Duolingo really as bad as I've heard it is? I've gotten to Genitive 1 and it seems okay so far.

Polish because why not waste my time learning a completely useless language.

Upam, da si pri slovenskih založbah kupil dovolj učnega gradiva.

Duolingo isnt bad
Its just edgy contrarian 4channers that hates on it

Imaš na katDOTcr gradivo, židove
"Slovene language learning pack"
Heh

Here, this might help

pef.uni-lj.si/markor/zbirkacb.htm

Danish is so complicated.. not only vowels sound like something but also you have shit like kvinde pronounced vin. I tried to learn in secret for 2 months to impress a girl I was dating and I could only babble simple phrases reee

Russian, Spanish, French and German. Haven't paid much attention to French and German tho

There's no Hungarian course, what the fuck?

It's new!

women's studies

same here minus french, lol

I'm trying to get serious about learning Spanish, but I heard Duolingo is meme shit.

What are some actual good apps and resources for learning Spanish?

When will be Chinese available in Duolingo?
Has anyone tried to learn Chinese on their on? How?

try chineseskill
it's an app like duolingo

Michael Thomas courses are very good for speaking. You can torrent it.
I'd recommend you to use Duolingo even though it is in Mexican, and when you get to a certain level, do the little change that you need to do to speak glorious Castilian

It's so lame that the don't have a desktop version.

Just know what you're getting into. Chinese is fucking hard, like really hard.

Fucking hell it took me a couple seconds to realize it's not "chinese's kill"

I have time and motivation. And it would be my 4th language so I am somehow experienced in language learning.

it's not that hard

I was of the understanding that it isnt 'difficult' just time consuming because there are no short cuts with the writing system, However within a year of serious studying you should be comfortably conversational (b2 in speaking/listening).

I'm not saying it's not doable, just that it's quite a lot harder than learning European languages etc. (Considering you're a Spaniard)

I'd disagree, but okay

"Time consuming" is the same as calling it hard though.

>However within a year of serious studying you should be comfortably conversational
Insert any other European language and you'll probably be way more conversational, not to mention you'll read way way better than you'd be able in Chinese

You really really really have to emphasize learning the tones. If you don't, people will have a really hard time understanding you. Mark Zuckerberg, for example, had terrible tones and that's why the guy interviewing him kept having to summarize everything he said.

Where do I click?

so i've studied 2 languages and learned 1 to near native fluency and now i have no motivation to learn anything else. it's like having a ferrari sitting in your garage with no gas.

thank you for that map

lmao poland what are you doing down south

Been learning French, and putting a lot of time into it over the past few days. Granted, I had a little bit of background from high school. Think it's gonna get to the point where I'll need advice/instruction on the language that Duolingo can't do well soon though

>Duolingo even though it is in Mexican,

wait WAT

Honestly the main thing that's tripping me up a lot is grammar terminology (aside from the basic stuff). Terms like infinitive and all that, and what the hell does "perfect" imply with grammar? I guess it's mostly stuff related to verb conjugations, but does anyone have any good sites or info for stuff like that?

It's not hindering me so far, but I have a feeling once past and future tenses come more into play it's going to get more difficult.

I'll start learning norwegian.

that's my feeling too.
I think at some point I will need to download an actually textbook or grammar book if I really want to be serious.

Anyone here uses Interpals?

perfect is from latin perfectum and it means complete

I kinda went full retard on this before I even started; I have a grammar book that I bought back in high school, but I also picked up a dictionary and a book of verb conjugations as well. That'll all be well and good for vocabulary, but I think what I'm really gonna need is the ability to try making my own sentences, thoughts, and just communicating on my own, which Duolingo can't do.

I tried perusing through /fr/ for a bit today, but it's still so over my head with a lot of the grammar and conjugations I haven't gotten to yet.

I did Spanish, Italian, German and most of French. I started Russian but it was too hard.

made an account a week or so ago but no one has messaged me and I'm fucking terrible at starting conversations online for whatever reason.

They do not use vosotros, they say jugo instead of zumo, and the worse, they use emparedado.

Duolingo is fucking pointless

At best you'll learn some vocab and very elementary grammar, but you won't actually learn a language with duolingo.