How did they teach WW2 in your country?

How did they teach WW2 in your country?

In Brazil teachers are mostly impartial and don't give too much credit neither to US or USSR, but definetely don't mention the importance of UK, France and China.
They of course mention how Brazil sent a few soldiers to Italy.
It's not in any way studied in depth.

How about in your cunt?

I wanted to hear specially from Americans, English, French, German, Japanese, Italian and Chinese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tW0QqiT2LU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In America, depends on where you learn. I learned that the US btfo'd Japan, while the soviet's and Brit's btfo'd germany. Over simplified, but basically.

What do they say about land lease?

The cause and outbreak of the war, key events. And the war in europe. Plus a lot of the occupation of Norway and the Norwegian resistance movement.

And Nagasaki and Hiroshima

Not him, but they said it was important. Arsenal of democracy and all that.

Anything about the heavy water sabotage?

not at all tbqh
we stopped at ww1

>Hitler was ebil and had a desk made out of jew bones! and they made lampshades out of their skin! and soap! and footballs out of babies!
>enter winter & continuation war
>yeah, Germany was pretty much the only country who sympathized and gave a fuck about us, and we might have co-operated with them slightly (led a co-operating attack into the USSR, Finnish troops being trained in the SS, Hitler visiting Mannerheim for his birthday etc) but we totally weren't allies!
TL;DR spineless weaseling. Even if the holocaust was true, the only thing we did wrong was stopping our attacking and not cutting the Murmansk supply line.

Too many in fact
All conected to colonization

In short, USA killed many native so in 1881 Hawaiian king proposed Asian union to fight against strong whites country.
Many Asian accepted that idea. But whites tried tobreak this Union.

Japan was strongest in Asia. We made KMT and Manchuria.
But USA took KMT by money and assassination.

China war started by KMT, Manchuria, and Commie.
USA supported KMT, Japan supported Manchuria, Russia supported Commie.

USA started bloc economy then Japan couldn't get oil and enough food.
Japan shaked hands with many Asian. Manchu, Taiwanese, Korean, South east asian, Idian, and Nazi.
Japan started war against USA and UK as Asian Union.

We got almost all SEA and most populated area in China.
But USA was stronger. Japan lost.

Stupid nips kill chinks and are killed by great Murica
end

not at all

We saved humanity and raised the flag on Iwo Jima. The end.

dindu nuffin *100

My school taught me that WW2 started after Pearl Harbor and that America defeated the evil Nazis and deceptive Japanese.

But the Japanese weren't evil because learning facts about Japan slaughtering millions of civilians in Asia doesn't make for a good Cold War ally. Gotta keep that propaganda going.

Meanwhile Nazis were evil and always will be evil because they are white.

Grew up in Southern Indiana, but other Indianafags might be able to guess where I went to school because my school district was pretty different than the surrounding area.
>war started because of power hungry Nazis
>Western allied countries didn't all jump in at first, and let Hitler take a couple countries, then jumped in too late to stop Hitler from taking the rest of Europe via Blitzkrieg
>US was slow getting directly involved in the war, but did provide substantial lend-lease aid to Allies
>we also did our best to close of resources to Japan
>Pearl Harbor kicked the shit off
>The Western front was important, but the Ruskies did the most important parts there by just throwing absurd numbers at the the Nazis
>But the war in the Pacific was pretty awful, we discussed how tenacious Japanese defense was, and also the multitudes of war crimes they committed in the process
>Talked about why the bomb was dropped, even had a couple of actual teachers from Japan come in and moderate a debate on whether or not the bomb should have dropped, then they did a couple lectures on it.
>They were actually pro-bomb, because they believe a land invasion would have been worse for their country overall
>Discussion of the horrors of the holocaust, a survivor came into the school and did a program on it
I know it's a meme to deny the holocaust here, but between meeting an actual survivor and my grandpa being one of the soldiers to initially discover one of the camps, I don't have a doubt that it happened.

BTFO the nips and were a major force in West Europe. Talked a bit about bombing the shit out of Germany with the Brits. We actually talked about how huge the Soviet contribution was, strangely enough. I don't know how many people listened though

We mostly focused on helping to keep Britain afloat when talking about the Arsenal of Democracy stuff. A little bit about the war in the Atlantic+Norrth Sea and the war in North Africa.

We were saved by Indian and black soldiers from the empire so we shouldn't complain about them being here.

The last History-related class I've had that touched WW2 was mostly impartial. The Axis got portrayed as the bad guys, sure, but we saw some of the war crimes the Allies did as well.

That was the lesson itself, the teacher couldn't resist his urge to spout anti-Americanism and the "m-muh Jews took over the world" line every class.

The teacher just read Churchill speeches with this playing the background

youtube.com/watch?v=-tW0QqiT2LU

>How about in your cunt?
>WW2 started in 1939 as a consquence of the versailles treaty
>We got a lot of immigrants during and after the WW2, until 1950
>After the war, the cold war.

That's it.

In my country can't be proud of the victory that got the sacrifice of millions of people.

Oh, and some shit about how Woodrow Wilson was sick during the negotiation of the Treaty of Versailles, and therefore didn't fight as hard for a less brutal sanctions on Germany, which helped contribute to the rise of Hitler.

>we stopped at ww1

if only...

You guys had a seriously awful 20th century.

they really do brainwash you guys huh

No teacher here forget to tell us that we declared war on Germany when the conflict was about to end.

China had a worse 20th century than that even.

It's definitely taught with an overglorification of the Brits and Americans here, which you would expect. I was taught in school that we basically fucked shit up in Europe and were incredibly influential, even occasionally it being implied/told that we were the biggest part of the war effort. But honestly a lot of what is taught is to do with what happened in Britain itself and not the war on the mainland: the Blitzes, the evacuation of children etc.

What is WW2.......?

I'll add to this that when I say Brits and Americans I mean the efforts of the whole empire.

But you took in so many Nazis anyway kek

lel i blame germany

>brainwash
Our text books say Japan was shit like USA and Soviet because of colonization but our teachers ignore text book and tell real history

We have awful 21th century, bro.

We sat by and watched, the IRA supported the Nazi and the Republic secretly supported the allies.
Dublin was bombed because we sent ambulances and fire engines to help the north after they got bombed because they were our fellow Irish men.
Churchill called us pussies because we refused to join the war and sympathized with the German ambassador when lither committed suicide, Churchhill got BTFO by De Valera.

Brits did mostly everything with help with some other countries.
France got taken over and even worked with the nazis, this is seen as either the worst thing ever or they had to do it.
Muh six gorillian
Two Nukes.

Every Irish person who fought in the war was either the greatest heros in Irish history or filthy turncoats.
It depends on who you ask but I reckon they were turncoats and want to puke every time we have a memorial service jerking them off and pretend that Ireland gave a fuck about the world wars when they happened.
I often gets a
>But user a lot of those Irish people needed to fight or wanted to stop the evil germans
A lot of Irish people who fought in WW1 came back and shot their own kind during the rebellions, joining the British army is treason.

oh boy, where do i start
>Germans once again succumb to their blood frienzied, barbarian nature, and decide to exterminate all Good Peoples, especially Poles and Jews
>the war starts with a cowardly attack without warning by despicable german monsters
>France and UK betray us by not beating Germany instantly
>we would have won easily anyways 1vs1, but then, 16 days later, the second most evil people on earth - the Russians - attack us from the other side
>from then on, Poles continue to bravely fight on all fronts around the whole world, cracking engimas like they were kurwas, single-handly winning Battle of Britain and opening second front in Italy
>in this time, Germany focused 97% of it's war effort on killing polish and jewish civilians in death camps
>something something eastern front something something
>suddenly, USA lands in the west and beats the Nazis
>then they drob bombs on Japan, but it's ok cause they asked them to not be mean anymore
>fucking piece of shits traitorous Brits fuck us again and sell us to Stalin
>the end

>but our teachers ignore text book and tell real history

yikes

You've got potential, your people just need to stop being such chauvinistic, aggressively right wing, regressive fuckwits

Basically a mass cultural change is required

Yeah you guys are fucked I'm sorry

The world needs to know THIS SHIT WAS AUSTRIAS FAULT and Germany takes the fuckin fall for it

>Brits did mostly everything

Stop this

>How did they teach WW2 in your country?
Not mentioned at any point

>The world needs to know THIS SHIT WAS AUSTRIAS FAULT and Germany takes the fuckin fall for it
this is not true
Beethoven was Austrian btw

But they did, you came in at the last minute and shot some dead nazis and dropped two nukes of Japan.
If it wasn't for the Brits and Soviets we would be living in nazi Ireland or maybe not exist.
Nobody knows if we would have went to the death camps or not.

I bet they used the time to talk about slavery and 'muh feels'.

>your people just need to stop being such
>chauvinistic
I think we have more problems with radfems.

>aggressively
Whats you mean?

We invaded Waltzing Matilda
USA USA USA

Putters is getting Russia isolated and sanctioned. It will never be a great power at this rate.

American Stanford university had a project to compare text books of America, China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.
They reported that Japanese one writes facts and Non-nationalistic the most, Chinese one is nationalistic the most.
I heard anyone can get the report details from the university.

>Stanford
Dropped

We literally orchestrated the turning point on the western front...

in Turkey they just really tell us that we were natural and that Atatürk made turkey alive and better and that every side in ww2 wanted us to join them and that we later we joined the allies because we were getting threats from them if we dont join them

>attempting to get recognition from Euros
When will you learn?

>I think we have more problems with radfems.

This is what I'm talking about

Radfems aren't destroying your society, we have radfems and we're the global superpower

Your right wing, aggressively chauvinist ALWAYS PRO RUSSIA ALWAYS attitudes are what's going to be fucking you over for decades to come

Turkey was irrelevant.

I didn't even know u fought in the war.

Nah, everything was on quebec's history, am assuming other provinces learn their own history as well

Over here its only Quebec and nothing else, US is mentioned during the independence war

Otherwise, 1600-1663/1760-1770/1860-1890 and 1960-1980 are the biggest periods, and pretty much skipping ww2 by a large, mentioning a bit of the war effort and the draft that the cucked anglos forced on us

What about all the nazis that escaped to Argentina?

we didnt actually fought we just joined them and watched even if we did we fight we will get fucked because our weapons and equipment were very outdated

Dude this is litterly what we thought in history class and the point of this thread, I know fuck all about WW2 besides the really really really relevant parts and what relates to Ireland, which is fuck all.

Anyways don't be mad, the world wars were gay.
I am a cold war fanboy and thats when you guys really shone.

>Russia isolated and sanctioned
Right now, our politics wants confirm a law which can deprive us Google, Steam and other services. Welcome back, USSR.

>Radfems aren't destroying your society, we have radfems and we're the global superpower
Radfems in my country defeated fair and beat people just because the man wrote a book, which they considered DEMEANING to THEM

>Cold War is when the US shone
>no gook farmers joke
I'm disappointed

We had like 3 pages each for both of the World Wars.
Too much focused on teaching our own freedom struggle.

>You've got potential, your people just need to stop being such chauvinistic, aggressively right wing, regressive fuckwits
It's funny because this is what the rest of the developed world says about America.

>Radfems in my country defeated fair and beat people just because the man wrote a book, which they considered DEMEANING to THEM

meanwhile normal russians beat the shit out of gay people daily

radfems aren't your problem, I promise

And it's funny because even at our worst Russia still beats us in these aspects

It's incredibly disingenuous to even compare us to them like this

also these same attitudes just fucked you guys over with that brexit vote lmao

Stop let me tell you about your countrying. Worry about Trump.

>The world needs to know THIS SHIT WAS AUSTRIAS FAULT and Germany takes the fuckin fall for it
>Implying it wasn't the fault of the mental retardation of literally everyone in the Allied powers' governments post WW1

It's a good thing we don't have to listen to other cunts then

Your bullshit leaks out into the world more because you constantly invade countries. Stop that.

>worrying about this election
>ever

>Invasion of Polan for like 1 page
>Finland attacked by evil communists
>Brave fight of 105 days then hard peace
>A little bit on how the Germans steamroll France and Norway
>Another war, we got helped by the Germans but TOTALLY WERE NOT ALLIES
>10 minutes about the holocaust
>War ends, and the brave people start rebuilding

Never said it didn't but America is still drastically more right wing than any other developed country, some of the things that are huge fucking deals for right wingers over there would be laughed at by many over here as absurd to even think about. Our conservatives aren't even comparable to yours, if they were born in America most of them would probably be considered liberal.

Homosexuality is considered a disgrace for a prison of concepts. The lowest caste in the prison - cocks. Man fuck a man, fucked man became cock.

Fair enough, worrying about elections is pointless. there's nothing you can do besides vote, and that won't change anything mathematically.

Again this is what I'm talking about

Jog on cunt

Quick, spot the Guardian reader.

>Right now, our politics wants confirm a law which can deprive us Google, Steam and other services. Welcome back, USSR.

Google does alter their search results to cater to their political views and American foreign policy. They also catalog and give all your information to the NSA, who also uses databases and analytic tools that Google built for them.

They are an evil company, and ought to be banned everywhere desu.

USSR at least had some achievements. Modern Russia does nothing but recycle their technology and legacy.

Never read the Guardian in my life, nice projection though

PUTINBOOS GET THE FUCK OUT

>I'm talking about
So? I can't right now fuck a man in ass and to remain without the stigma attached. And no one can't.
We have no choice, we MUST fuck girls only [spoiler]:([/spoiler]

>They are an evil company
But we haven't alternatives. I don't want to be North Korea.

They can't be worse than pedos or elder abusers
Here: regular gays >>> trannies >>>>> pedos/elder abusers

>pedos
Why? Loli are so cute and pretty.

But really now, what was Ireland going to do in the war? The country was totally impoverished and had nothing of value to contribute. Allying with Britain was way too distasteful a thought to bear while allying with Germany was suicide.

Russians and Muslims have the idea that it only counts as "gay" if you're the bottom. Thus you can fuck a dude's butt and not be gay, but getting fucked in the butt makes you gay.

>But we haven't alternatives

Yandex? Or is it garbage?

Putin's government is just following China's example in censorship.

The World following American leadership seeks to be as open and degenerate as possible.

The World following Chinese leadership seeks to be closed, imperialist, and closeted.

Sometimes I wonder which model is better to follow. I guess India is the tie-breaker.

Basic rundown:

>Allied Powers impose harsh economic measures on Germany following WWI
>Hitler capitalizes on public anger and takes power
>European politicians act like a bunch of giant pussies and keep giving him his way even though he's obviously a fucking maniac
>meanwhile, Japan invades China
>Nazis and Soviets cut a secret deal not to attack each other and divide up portions of Europe between them
>Nazis attack and roll over the Poles, French, and others with minimal effort
>Britain holds out due to air superiority
>Europeans decide to have some tank wars in Africa for no reason
>Italy does jack shit
>IJN attacks Pearl Harbor and most of Southeast Asia
>USA mobilizes for war in the Pacific
>Hitler betrays Stalin first and attacks the USSR
>USA successfully fights Japan across the Pacific while sending supplies to the Allies in Europe
>USA invades Europe and liberates France, Belgium, Netherlands, and then gets to Germany
>Hitler kills himself like a bitch
>Japan keeps fighting until we nuke them twice and then they surrender
>war over

Honestly I don't really remember what I learned/heard in school and what I learned on my own about WW2

>French
>importance in ww2
They held for 1 less day than Poland lmao

>Yandex? Or is it garbage?
I talk about services. Google - not search mechanism only.
Russian services are sucks, except Telegram, but only because Durov want freedom.

Japan was defeated by evil empire

Also, we haven't own production devices. And with that Ukrainian conflict we have overprice for all products.

>wwi happens
>worst war in british history
>europe is also fucked
>everyone is traumatised
>allies punish germany with bad treaty
>germany is poor
>need wheelbarrow of money to buy bread
>people angry and scared
>hitler takes power
>people loving it because he solves their problems
>hitler is autistic and want to make the whole world big jawed germans
>starts oppressing god's chosen people
>invades france and btfos france
>he also btfos us at dunkirk but it's sound because normal people on boats help the soldiers
>battle of britain happens
>we defend our glorious island and help preserve freedom
>we btfo the germans in el alamein (or how ever it is spelled)
>germans invade the soviets
>they're winning until they start losing and when they start losing they really start losing
>America joins the war
>we just bomb the germans while they fight the soviets
>eventually we invade with the americans and win
>we find out the nazis killed 6 trillion innocent jewish babies

edit

also we invade italy at some point

>Hitler attacked first and conquered most of Europe
>Soviet trying to maintain peace
>Hitler attacked Europe
>USA wait patiently to choose sides to support while selling weapons and equipments to both sides
>French surrender to Nazis in Europe and co-exist with Japan in Indochina
>Life's sucks for Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia (1945 famine in Vietnam)
>Glorious Soviet Union liberated countries of Eastern Europe from Nazis occupation
>USA see Germany is about to be sweep by the red waves so open a western front
>Soviet capture Berlin,Destroyed the Kwantung Army in the East
>USA dropped 2 Atomics bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
>Conclusion: Nazi is destroy but paved way to a more intense conflict. Also war is pointless.

>The World following American leadership seeks to be as open and degenerate as possible.
>The World following Chinese leadership seeks to be closed, imperialist, and closeted.
>Sometimes I wonder which model is better to follow

We had this debate during the Cold War. Guess which side lost?

Pretty much this for me, although Italy was mentioned

>Germany invades everyone
>Britain gets stuck on her island
>heroic Churchill speeches blah blah blah
>give Britain L-L assistance
>Japan attacks blah blah blah
>here we go
>beat up gooks
>liberal guilt trip over Jap internment camps
>D-Day
>beat up Germany
>Holocaust guilt trip
>atom bomb guilt trip
>war ends yay we go party now

Why would the US have a guilt trip about the holocaust?

I wish I knew.

Oh, and we also learn much about the Tuskegee Airmen and how black soldiers did like 80% of the actual fighting.

My history teacher was a cuck and didn't know jack shit so my entire ww2 unit was him crying about hiw the a-bombs were war crimes and unjustified

Literally all of our WW2 lessons in history class boiled down to the Holocaust, Antisemitism and how Hitler happened.

To be fair, our last Kaiser got off too easily. He was the one who fucked Germany's shit up in the first place.

Sometimes also Dresden bombing guilt trip.

Actually it's more often guilt trip about how FDR turned away Jewish refugees in 1938 and we didn't bomb the railroad lines to Auschwitz.