I'm going to be living for a year in South Africa and was thinking about learning Afrikaans while I was there...

I'm going to be living for a year in South Africa and was thinking about learning Afrikaans while I was there. Is Afrikaans actually useful or is it just a meme language? Also, can people who speak Dutch and people who speak Afrikaans understand each other?

It's basically a meme language.

But Afrikaans and Dutch is very similar so you could learn 2 languages.

>from argentina to africa
You are finally coming home m8

It's like a dutch dialect with less CH-sounds.

Meme language, dutch is also pretty much a dead language like Irish so...

Yes, that was what I was thinking about. Though learning Dutch wouldn't be that useful on a day to day basis either.

kek

can German people understand Afrikaans?

>Dutch
>speaking anything but arabic
Hot meme. Keep em coming.

yes but I have to concentrate and replay.

So it's kind of like a Spanish/Portuguese/Italian relation?

yeah but at least Dutch is fucking ayy lmao

Don't bother with that crap. English will work everywhere except in a few places populated by inbred apes who speak afrikaans only and can barely string a few english words together.

Afrikaans music sounds based as fuck though.

inbred whites?

Jungle beats calling you back home, eh m8?

A lot of coloureds speak Afrikaans too.

kek

None other. Especially around parts of Pretoria.

t Butt-hurt black “boi”

The ol' Gauteng-aroo

the saffie? i was just asking a question man

Being coloured myself I can assure you that sticking with English will be for the best. No good will come of mixing with the afrikaans ones. Especially the women.

Well, thanks for the info mate.

whats up mulatto bro

are you bantu /english or afrikaans?

Seriously, if you're hitting the clubs remember what I told you.

English all the way.

Do people who speak Afrikaans have a harder time getting laid? what?

same, dad is english and my black side is haitian

Why would you leave neo africa for real africa

when shit hits the fan and whites start getting properly genocided by the full blackies which side will the coloured be on?

Not at all. It's just that the guys tend to be overly possessive and extremely aggressive towards outsiders chatting up chicks, even those who aren't their girlfriends.

Hard to say, we'll probably get wiped out as well. Either way I don't give fuck, it'll bring some entertainment at least.

Family history this side is a bit more complicate though.

So, as a white argie can I get a qt South African gf?

top lmao

If you want a black gf just hop the border senpai

my "black" side is convoluted as fuck, my maternal grandma comes from a long line of mulattos and has green eyes, meanwhile my maternal grandpa is a negro. i came out with my grandma's eyes and caucasian hair though

>Mexican knowing anything about the Netherlands

You'd better bring a few cans of female repellent. They go bonkers for foreign cock.

Nice, thanks for the advice mate.

Don't a lot of girls have HIV/AIDs there?

Better bring a can of HIV repellent too.

What is this hot new spicy meme?
Dutch is spoken in three sovereign states. That's more than most European languages.

There's more Dutch speakers than all Nordic speakers combined.

>great granddady was brit, married a coloured woman (dunno ancestry)
>granddaddy looked like an SS officer
>grandma was some or other mix of german, had a deep hatred of all things Italian for some reason
>father - see above
>mother - Indonesian and east African descent

So I'm easily mistaken for latino

I live in the other side of the world, how would speaking Dutch help me on a day to day basis unless I'm travelling to the Netherlands/Belgium or speaking with someone online? Maybe it'll look impressive on a resume but that's it.

Guess you are the perfect definition of the "Rainbow nation"

Well, if the president himself boned an HIV positive woman without a rubber that says a lot.

Is Zuma a living meme?

lel, spic is #1 thing im confused for, then sometimes northern indian and also when i get tanned up in summer white people start to realize. my dad has blues eyes and his hair was blonde before he turned like 17. typical brit i guess.

>be in ski lodge during winter
>guy comes up to me
>where did you go for spring break?
>uh nowhere
>oh uh you looked tanned sorry

>Rainbow nation
Don't believe that bullshit the media puts out. The truth is that this country has never had unity of any kind. Even back in the days of the NP government there was a huge divide between Afrikaans and English white and it still exists today. Various black tribes? Same shit. It's just that it's an undercurrent of varying depth that comes to the surface from time to time.

Why would anyone want to live in a 3rd world shithole? Is the pussy that good?

Guess it's nice having a honest guy to red pill me about ZA. Thanks for all the info man, really appreciate it.

ONORABLE MEMBAH

And most Dutch speaking countries are irrelevant.

Why would you go to South Africa m8
Do you want to get raped full of aids?

You can't comprehend how much political fighting between English and Afrikaners happened in in ZA history. It didn't start in the 20th century, nah it was before that, before, before that and it spurred a lot of political conflict, movement and clever trickery.

Sure is. Just google Zuma + scandals.

Isn't that guy Zapiro considered a white nationalist or something by Zuma? kek

Yeah, and the funny part is that the motto on the old coat of arms was "ex unitate vires" - "from unity, strength".

It's a dumbed down version of Dutch that really shouldn't qualify as a full language. It's closer to a pidgin.

I used to live there and the answer is yes. Afrikaner girls are top quality.

Anyone who says any shit about the government is branded an enemy of the state. If you want to read some truly interesting shit, pick up a copy of Pale Native by Max du Preez. Max himself went from this:
>an outstanding example to you all (Mandela)
to this:
>a politcal commissar of apartheid (Mbeki)

kek, why do people keep voting the ANC? don't they realize they can't run the country?

The ANC stays in power by saying apartheid will come back if the DA gets power. Blacks are dumb enough to believe it.

Because they have an irrational fear of a return to apartheid which is reinforced by the ANC every election. That and a misguided loyalty to Mandela. All the other parties are shit as well anyway so you're fucked on all fronts.

As for the DA? Bunch of wankers too. What can one say about a party that votes in favour of a rule in parliament knowing that it will be used against them and then whine about it two months later when that's exactly what happens?
>DA wants to raise a point about Zuma
>Speaker: shuddup or we throw you out
>DA says okay
>bitches about it to news crew afterwards "the speaker had no right to do that"
But that's exactly what you voted for you fag.

How would speaking Dutch help me on a day to day basis?
Well, you are from Argentina. So speaking a decent level of Dutch would give you a specific niche at home with jobs. Your value goes up when speaking an uncommon language. Like with me speaking Estonian in Texas.

You must be from the western cape, student perhaps? Don't you have a protest to go to? Or are you based STEM?

Aweh bra, gaanit? Hoekom vertel jy virrie mense dat jy net engels praat? Praat kak, jo poesbek!

Coloured okes on 4chins? Good lord well I never

Miss Finland is Coloured

Because I have no desire to speak that monkey tongue.

>Poesbek
If that is the best you can do then you are truly nothing but a dakskroef.

Grew up there.

When the end of days is at hand there will be signs.

>Though learning Dutch wouldn't be that useful on a day to day basis either.
it is the most useful language known to man, because you can order stroopwafels in it.

>latins in charge of knowledge

is it true SA niggers are dangerous? will they kill me if I say I'm russian?

>will they kill me if I say I'm russian?
any sane person will

>Because I have no desire to speak that monkey tongue.
jou ma se poes

No, it's the Russians in SA that are dangerous.

>butthurt monkey and probably a hairyback

>a fucking leaf!

khaki scum

>Johannes Gerhardus Christoffel Jakobus Janse van Rensburg

Or do you have names that are some bizarre concoction of ancestors names?
>Hendro

My ancesters on my fathers side where all farmers from the western cape, french huguenots..
Nah man I'm not even from SA, I'm Namibian.
Taking a holiday in NZ, met a shitload of SA expats here though

Dit is nu een Nederlandstalige/Afrikaanse draad
Negers buiten!

ek es graag hier

I was gonna tell you to be careful but then I remembered that you've nothing to fear since you'll blend in with the blacks.