/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ingersoll-35017.html
helmwatches.com/watches.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice collection. More pics of the Landmaster please.

I just grabbed it from WUS. I do own the watch on the very left and the one on the very right though.

The Landmaster is just too big.

Take some more pictures of the 62mas remake, then. It looks really nice.

>The Landmaster is just too big.

wristlet

This BIG watches meme need to die. Can we just go back to the old time plz

Reposting from last thread the GRAIL I never knew I needed to have

THICC

I remember when big guys wore submariners and they looked chunky. Now wristlets are wearing skxs and saying they look fine....

Disgusting.

What is disgusting about that

T
H
I
C
C

portable clocktower

what even is this? is this a new meme?

The steinhart tudor 'homage'.

Even the real tudor heritage chrono was already pretty thick, that's just comical.

>"Wow user, nice watch"
Daily reminder that normies have shit taste in watches

it's been out for a while now

things are engineered and finished to work perfectly so things start getting shittier over time.. sometimes a bit of slop works out if not everything was made perfectly but it typically is not engineered in.

Look at that fucking face, it's like that fucker is taunting us.

Did that thing somehow get thicker from the prototype stage? No wonder 99% of the pics of it are straight on.

Where do these people exist?

Patrician as fuck tbqh.

>THICCCCCCC
>3-register day-date that doesn't even remotely match the 2-register watch it's ripping off
Honestly what is Gunter Steinhart's fucking problem? Is this what happens when you let a manlet design watches?

site says 18.7mm; I can believe both of those pictures are 18.7 but I agree the Hodinkee picture looks thinner than the stock picture.

is that yours? how do you like it?

Yeah it's mine, I like it a lot. Always catch myself looking at it and it packs a lot in for its price. Only downside I would say is the slower ticking speed and the rotor is a little loud

Also if all my other watches weren't already black/dark dials I would have got this one.

great, I like loud rotors. I love the design, good taste

They all look great, I like the rose/gold versions the most.

Newbie here, what's the consensus on Ingersoll? And is there a guide I can look at it something

The rose gold one is gorgeous too. I got mine through Massdrop so my choices were the cream or black dial, but at $349 it was hard to beat the price

I was thinking about 4 hours ago, that my 3 ultimate watch collection would be a speedmaster pro, a ceramic sub no date, and a reverso.

then I see the photo in the other thread. ha! how cool.

forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ingersoll-35017.html

This would be the perfect watch if it only were smaller.

Oh fuck man, I know what I'm getting next.

You won't regret it, I kind of see it as a SARB with a little more punch

Personally I like a lot of OS models.

>37.5mm

Is this a good dress watch?

nigguh where to cop?

JDM only

My little collection.

Also, this.

Ugly shape
Ugly window
Ugly plain unlike other simplistic models

FUCK I WANT TO BUY THE EXPLORER BUT NOONE SELL PREOWN EXPLORER HERE AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SHIP
Should i learn from the chinks and buy one when travel?

I can tell this guy is elder money

There we go.

It's retarded enough when people slap Datejusts on leather, but a fucking sports Rolex on a crocodile strap? Holy shit that's bad. Do people not get that literally the whole point of the lug shape on an oyster case is to mate neatly with a bracelet?

No one at the event will talk to you because the watch is a neon sign that says you're a dumbass.

Calm your tits you dingus, i think it's look fine.

does /wt/ approve of my watch?

delete this wtf

>Nato is bad
How fucking dare you

That angle really makes the case look like it's made out of sheet metal or some shit.

That case look like shit m8

just realized the quality of the images, lemme get the hi res shit

might be better

repost of family

NATO < Perlon
Come at me.

Not him, but I don't disagree

What does /wt/ think of my new purchase?

Yeah that's a watch.

To add: bought it second hand. Slight scratch on bezel. Not noticeable by the eye in day to day use.

>slight scratch
>big crack
Sinn fags

When Seiko lume is clearly better than the others

why would you wear a watch that is upside down?

But those are all Seikos.

Oh, Lord...

>>.61701269▶
(You)
>>When you can etch the parts with sub micron precision it is hard to see why you would need adjustment screws.
>Do you have some links to any watchmaker that managed to totally dispense with them? I'm genuinely curious.
I believe Ulysse Nardin manages this, such as in the freak series.

Kibbles?

Is there anything comparable to the SKX007K2 at that price point or should I press the "buy" button ?
Thinking of buying a different band though. Something thicker would be nice

check this two watches

helmwatches.com/watches.html

Two dials so he could not get lost in time.

They both look great actually.
I like the first one better though.
I was also looking into the orient mako II.
I just can't decide, I really like the blue color of the mako. Man I'm torn

I know its money, but it's not a lot of money, if you like it choose the common option and go for the mako, but if you want to try something that noone has (well I bet nobody in your circle has seiko skx or makos ) you could go the helm route. In either case if you don't like it just put it on watchexchange on reddit and sell it, you won't lose a lot of money if it's in good condition. Whataver you choose, just do it , $300 won't make you poor. And sorry for the shitty English.

How do the chinks make these graphic straps?

somehow its thicker than an skx

Do you have to ask in every thread?

Watches should be below a certain price and rugged, they are to be used and they'll get scratches and get knocked up. No way I'd invest money in the equivalent of having a fetus on my arm I've always got to be aware of and tip toeing around.
It's a tool for me, I'm not a tool for it.
They shouldn't be too big or weigh a ton.
It's my comfort not the watches well being that's the priority.
Am I alone in thinking this?
£50 is the cut off point, any recommendations anyone? Digital preferably.

There's the GW-M5610 G-Shock if you push your budget a bit. Otherwise it sounds like the W-86 would be for you.

Thanks for the ideas. My casio is like the W-86 it's very small though, oof £100+ for the GW-M5610 G-Shock, must be made to last looks bulky though, better buying once than repeat buying so my budget could easily change.

until I get a response, sure!

Tiny crown. No crown guard. Lumed? Unlikely. excessive text on face, overloaded and untidy. Finish is bad, looks like it was opened during a sand storm.

I hope you did not pay too much for that.

Kek

Needs more obnoxious brand elitism and Archie memes though.

>Argumentative and opinionated, but boring
>DAINI SEIKOSHA
>Feels anxiety over going above his meticulously calculated budget
>Hair overreacting to shitters
>buys watches

>works with people, not against them
>hair perfectly angled by Phillipe Dufour himself
>will not buy watches with anything other than high interest consumer credit
>buys brands

I got mine on sale for around £60. Keep an eye out for offers, it's a great watch for ~£100 though.

how much?

Where's the tech?
All I see are people wanking over their bling

I'm going hiking, what's a decent durable watch I can get for $200 that doesn't look like one of those G-shocks