Daily reminder that flooding of the Netherlands in ~50 years is fairly possible

Daily reminder that flooding of the Netherlands in ~50 years is fairly possible.
Plz nature don't do this

Other urls found in this thread:

geology.com/sea-level-rise/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where will the Dutch people on Sup Forums leave when their country floods?

>1.85 tall on average
>still living in a swamp
theyll be fine

We'll just migrate south to Wallonia and settle there, making the Walloons a minority, just like in the old Great Migration days.

Don't worry, we've got it covered

Forgot pic

covered.. in water
ba dum tiss

Source on the map?

It's a thing called "global warming", you wouldn't understand.

Do what Florida is planning and raise the houses on stilts.

I took from Google but concerning that 50% of this country is located below the sea level I presume this map legit, also I upload this one from Wikipedia. Note that "the wall" of formerly Fries inhabited coastline seen on this map as the current western outline of the Netherlands isnt very much about sea level.

>thinking we're not world leaders in this shit
those maps don't keep account for man made structures

I wont support you with any more "legitimate" source but if you doubt me just search for physical map of Holland

I believe in you Flying Man, want to visit some coffeeshops someday

It's not that I'm doubting you, I'd just like to see a global warning map with a google maps underlay.

geology.com/sea-level-rise/

>want to visit some coffeeshops
If you do so, just stay in Amsterdam (=tourist containment zone).

Thank you so much

That would mean they all would come here wouldnt it?
Fuck it, they are adorable in contrast to other migrants we get but I prefer it if we dont get swamped by the lot of them at once.

My proposal would be to give them enough cash to build a dam through the dover strait and one between scotland and norway and draining the sea....

lmao Denmark is no more exist
and it's 20 munites to sea for me now! yay!

this country simply can't lose

>enough cash
Over such a distance and to hit the sea bed you'd need billions upon billions upon billions upon billions.

Also you'll have the conservationists breathing down your neck because of muh fish.

That's practically impossible.

For reals tho, what is the Netherlands going to do?

Oh you germans and your silly megaprojects.

that pic suggests the need for another Great Migration.

Who knows, maybe we can actually turn the Balkans into a better place when we outpopulate the natives there.

>people really believe suddenly the Netherlands will flood while they've been managing just fine for the past 1500 years

Pocия пoлyчилa пиздoв зa кpим
@
Oн yтoнyл
@
Caнкции ocтaлиcь

Хeхeхeхлмao

He пoлнocтью yтoнyл жe! Boт тoлькo мocт paзвaлитcя нaхyй из-зa этoгo вce-paвнo.

why doi you write in chinese?

Im not a waterway engineer and I know its wishful thinking but...

>billions upon billions upon billions upon billions.

Is the amount of money you loose by loosing this land and the population centers on it.
it seems cheaper to try a megalomanic building project then to loose some of the most densily populated places of yurop, bringing devastation to the states fabric.

>Great migration
On the other hand...
The danes have greenland dont they?
If all the ice would melt it would be actually green and might be populated with the displaced.

hohohohhoh oi moi baguette

>not wanting to see Dutch niggers drown

They deserve it 100%.

>The danes have greenland dont they?

Well, officially they're more or less independent, and they gave the gooks there some rights so they decided to leave the European Community in the 80s.

Greenland has gas and oil. It's a great idea. It should be a Germanic homeland though, so no more eskimo shenanigans.

>he is mad some people know how to party
whats wrong, mommy still doesnt let you out past 10pm even now that you're 35?

>Padania gone
>Piemonte still ok

You shouldn't blame them. Those people have lived next to real niggers for half a century. They have lost their consciousness. They have forgotten the idea of civilization and now they think that hooligans have built the piramids

No thank you, this would ruin our economy by rendering the port at Rotterdam obsolete.

Don't worry. Dutch people dont rape and are pretty proud and hard workers. Not in the same class as the Germans though.

>thinking we'll drown

Rising sea levels aren't really a problem. There's a 100% coverage against storms/rising sea levels with a long coastline full of dunes, the Zuiderzee Works, Delta Works and several other dams/storm surge barriers.

The bigger problem is heavy rain fall and the flooding of the Rhine/Meuse rivers. Instead of fighting the water by building even more dykes and water pumping stations, the water boards want to "make room" for the rising water levels by creating floodplains.

The only downside I see is having the fucking canadians as neighboors tho.

Hey, nice pic of my hometown.
saved

>tfw

>posting anything related to Flevoland

An area I wouldn't mind being under the sea again

Lipno is full, you fuckers. Stay home and drown!

Deny the problem exists until it's too late to do anything. You know, like people generally do with climate change. Justify the whole thing with handwavium.

>he doesn't want the netherlands to disappear

wtf I hate poland now

>deny the problem exists

Lad, it's not like we've been doing this water management thing for over 1500 years

>Deny the problem exists
We're not in denial desu senpai.

Yeah, just like venice.

Just give the Brits a handkerchief, they have to run out of tears eventually.

yeah, that will suck ass for sure

maybe we should create an independent eskimo buffer state along their shoreline?

nice one :^)

But muh weedland.

based poseidon drowning italians and leaving croatia untouched

Why doesnt the nature take fucking asian cunt-eyed faggots or fucking niggers ffs. Europenas will suffer the most.

Russia is absolutely rekt lads. WHY NOT FUCKING CUNT EYED AND NIGGERS, NATURE!?

>drowning azerbaijan
>leaving georgia and armenia untouched
based neptune

A 20 meter rise is not going to happen, the map itself states it's meant to give an impression but is not per se accurate and agencies have already predicted (1-2 meters) what sea level rise we'll get and are taking actions for it. But I'm sure they're lying though and hiding the truth, because the truth would... well bring a giant amount of funding to them and they wouldn't like that. Haha but no it's the Jews or something.
People on Sup Forums also seem to have no clue how flooding actually happens, it's mostly the case when the sea level temporarily rises and high waves hit the shore. So even in a bad situation you'd have periodic flooding.
Here we have a system of the highest risk areas (which is the potential damage times the odds of flooding) determines how high dykes become and if you get secondary dykes or not etc..

Why just a map of Holland? You don't think other parts of the Netherlands can be submerged? Which part? North Holland? South Holland? Is Frysia safe?

Well, only part of Limburg isnt in this image, which is 100 m over sea level

And yet, Limburg is the most vulnerable for floodings in our cunt.

>year of our Lord 2016
>being maritime nation
it is your own fault, seas can't be trusted

>nature

we'll be fine

Wind Turbines are gay. Tidal power generation is a much better idea.

People that live in places like this are pretty stupid. If you get into a war, the first thing the enemy will do is bomb your sea defences for the lulz.

They'd probably do it themselves to prevent the enemy from advancing

>implying we haven't fought against this wet sadistical bastard for the last 600 years.

Don't worry we got this.

Don't be afraid, we can't even build an airport

We just gonna need to build a wall.

is it a crime to leave the faucet open in the netherlands?

No it's not but it is certainly stupid since water costs money.

>Country's having parts flooded this year:
England
France
Germany

>Dry feet for the last 50 years:
Netherlands

We'll be fine

this desu

Not seeing the value lost here

desu****

WHY CANT I TYPE DESU??????

Or you could just go on a huge land reclaiming job. I'm sure there's enough dirt and earth around to get it done.

>my town would be flooded

Fug XDd

>aral sea is a sea again
unrealistic tbqh

Because Sup Forums is an anime site.

baka

very annoying uezs

GOOD