I'm trying to decide which meme to fall for: 144hz or Ultrawide...

I'm trying to decide which meme to fall for: 144hz or Ultrawide. Can Sup Forums weigh in their opinion on both of this memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

144hzmonitors.com/gaming-monitor-list-120hz-144hz-165hz-200hz-240hz/
rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>u r pro gamur cs go cyka blyat global delet:
144 , you will have great aim in fps titles
>if you like playing more casually and enjoy playing games for their story and maybe graphics:
Ultrawide, it will give a great cinematic effect

>you don't suck dicks
get a 16:10 monitor

Fall for the 144hz 1440p meme my senpai.

I use one for a budget workstation, it's great for its purpose but it's not that bad for games either.

1440p@144hz tn-panel gsync

its your ONLY option, anything else is retarded.

144hz is not even a meme, ultrawide is tho

That's the ratio where widescreen movies doesn't have black bars isn't it?
It'd be handy having a monitor for that, plus more work space for editing vids

I don't understand how anyone can even tolerate ultrawide anywhere, maybe outside of racing games.
Even conventional 16:9 seems too noodle-like to me at times, at least on screens smaller than 27".

On the other hand, after experiencing a properly fed 100+ Hz monitor, getting back to 60 Hz feels like shit.

t. 165 Hz 1440p owner

No, it isn't? It even has bigger bars because of the extra vertical space.
Widescreen movies are 2.35:1 from what I know is this what you were talking about?

Go with 144Hz.

Sure I heard widescreen monitors have the benefit of movies scaling to them full screen.

>tn-panel
Just because you made an awful purchase doesn't mean you should shill it for others you DUMB FUCKING CUNT.

Calm down, what's better than TN and why?

Why not both? There are a few 34-35" high refresh 2560x1080 displays out now, and higher resolution versions soon.
144hzmonitors.com/gaming-monitor-list-120hz-144hz-165hz-200hz-240hz/

Not OP, but he probably doesn't have enough money, and personally, I wouln't spend that much for gaymen

I have an 3440x1440 ultrawide and my friend has a predator at 2560x1440 165hz with Gsync.

We live together and have our setups in the same room, so I see the contrast between my UW and his every day. We both game almost every day and both do productive stuff like photoshop and uni work.

Ultrawide is amazing for documents, good for videos that support the Ratio. Good for games that support it; Overwatch = No, Battlegrounds = No. These are the two main games we play. Some other games work like Doom etc, but some games require software tweaks to correct e.g. Wolfenstein (Another game I love).

Predator is good for everything really. Documents are fine, you cant fit as many as once but you can fit enough on one monitor. All videos play fine. games play fine without messing with settings/programs. Its annoying having multiple windows open, sure you can resize them but without other software you cant manage more than 2 open at once easily.

21:9 is just booting off as a monitor resolution, things dont scale properly, most youtube or online media doesnt support it. Most (I say this hesitantly) games do however with a minimal amount of them requiring minimal tweaking. It is amazing for productivity though.

I'm selling my ultrawide (once I RMA it because its pops and turns off) and buying a 144hz 2460 27" IPS monitor.
In my opinion 2x 27 inch WQHD is better than an ultrawide, you get more space its easier to manage windows with two separate panels.

This is just my opinion, and to be honest it is influenced by the fact that most of the games we play dont support my ultawide and I have to look at that fuckers buttery smooth 165hz every time we game.

LITERALLY ANYTHING. CRT. IPS. VA. ANYTHING.

>i play csgo, quake, UT, etc
go for big 144hz TN
>literally anything else
image quality, size and comfort

friendly reminder

scale ppi 4K FHD 1440p
-----------------------------------
1x 96 45.8" 22.9" 30.5"
1.25x 120 36.7" 18" 24.4"
1.5x 144 30.5" 15.2" 20.3"
1.75x 168 26.2" 13.1" 17.4"
1.875x 180 24.4" 12.2" 16.3"
2x 192 22.9" 11.4" 15.2"

Getting mixed opinions here, might just save money till I can purchase a PG278Q. It seems 1440p 144hz is the way to go for me.

I had an ultrawide too. It is seriously a meme. A good main monitor that's 27 or bigger with two or one monitor on the side is better. What pised me off about my ultrawide monitor was that it couldn't fit many programs on the screen compared to a dual monitor setup. Also the neck pain and the "mouse lag".

What's this? 31" for 1440p is the best?

>31

31 is less than 96ppi

144Hz or 4K (or both if you're willing to wait). Ultrawide is quite retarded, especially if the monitor is curved too.

>jewsync
>empty your wallet goyim

144hz because not sure how well scaling would work and most 4K monitors are idiot size/ppi

I'm just getting nice 1440p dell monitors. Pivot is very good for work, and their looks are gorgeous.

The high PPI is the best thing about them. It looks fucking amazing, especially in games.

not if the size is anything other than 23"

I went for curved 31.5 inches.
I am more than happy with my purchase.

I disagree, the optimal size depends on your viewing distance.

get on my level, fall for the 1:1 meme

I think 75hz is a nice middle ground. When I limit my 144 to 75 it's not that much worse and they're way cheaper

Having great colors is the best, every game looks better with a high contrast ratio and it doesn't require anything from your PC. Also great for video, images and really anything else.

Second best maymay is high resolution. If the DPI count gets too high you will need scaling, but pretty much all games will look better on a higher resolution screen. Video will look better if the video is high res and you'll have more working space if you have a screen large enough that you don't need scaling.
Widescreen goes here as well. Requires a strong GPU.

Third best meme is high refresh rate and/or low input lag. This wil only really be beneficial in gaymes and some games have refresh rates that are capped to 60 or even 30, making your high refresh rate monitor useless. When you can play games at 144fps though it looks amazing.
Requires a strong GPU and sometimes CPU.

>Ultrawide
Holy shit even 16:9 is far too wide for anything but watching gay shit on Netflix.

ultra wide are dank.

k don't come back complaining about your crappy scaling

>t. xXx420GAMER420xXx

I wanted a 21:9 till someone said >top cut off

i'm playing on pic related
it looks amazing
rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e

Do literally any exist with >1200p and modern panels? :(

If you're looking for a monitor purely for gaming, then go 144HZ (Assuming your rig can push that many frames all the time). Otherwise, Ultrawide is base imho. Most game UI (at least that I've played) don't scale well on though.

What are you even talking about you retard? You are in more dire need of scaling on a small 23" UHD screen than on larger ones, at the same viewing distance. The metric which actually matters is pixels per degree and you can get the same PPD by picking the appropriate monitor size and resolution for your viewing distance, or otherwise by adjusting your viewing distance based on the monitor you have.

Bought a 144hz 1440p monitor a few months back and I've gotta say, it's not just a meme

If you value the smoothness of animations, go for the 144hz. But if you're looking to be more productive, definitely go Ultrawide.

>t. retard

I currently use a 40 inch tv why the fuck isn't there 40 inch monitor or TV with 144hz refresh i can't fucking go down in size after 4 years

What gpus can push 120hz 1440p? I have an rx480 im waiting to upgrade for volta prob. I have a ryzen 1700 at 4ghz and 3200 ram so i think icould push 120hz woth the right gpu and idk if id need to wait for volta necessarily or how mich better volta will be. An 1170 seems like what id prob get

I own the Benq 144hz 1080p monitor, when my graphics card manages to run a game @144fps it looks much much better than 60 fps. I do not regret overpaying for that.
I am getting the new graphics card soon, hopefully gtx 1080 ti can run AAA games @ 144.

You're a fuckhead.