Do you guys realize that in 6 years we'll have to migrate to Windows 10 because no CPU will support it?

Do you guys realize that in 6 years we'll have to migrate to Windows 10 because no CPU will support it?
will we be using AMDs and Intel Celeron from 2014 for the rest our lives?
Why is Microsoft forcing the windows 10 meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

betanews.com/2017/06/30/france-drops-windows-10-privacy-case/
pcgamer.com/user-patch-unlocks-windows-7-and-81-updates-on-kaby-lake-and-ryzen/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well CIA should hurry up and release their secret alien CPU tech. Because at this point they fucked themselves due to
>lol 7% gains

gnu/linux does not have this problem :^)

Wait... what? We have to use Windows 10 because no CPU will support it?

>we

>Wait... what? We have to use Windows 10 because no CPU will support it?

Are you genuinely retarded?

Comfy windows XP + hack will always support newer CPU

I use linux, migrated in 2013. Life is good, got me a job too, knowing more about it than 99.9% of the population.

But how we will have to use windows 10 if no CPU will support it?
Will we be exclusively on GPU after 6 years? No CPU's will be needed anymore?

reddit comment of the day

That guy is right, go and learn to write.

Want to use outdated Windows forever? Install that shit in a linux virtual machine. Problem fucking solved; pass me some sheckles.

Not an issue.
Buy any even remotely modern 6 core CPU and it's going to last you for the next 10 years minimum, probably far longer.

>keylogger
Get LTSB

We? Who's this we?

>we'll have to migrate to Windows 10
hahahahaha stop posting anytime

If I get a breadripper will i need to move from win7

There is still top hardware that is supposed on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. One could easily hold out on Windows 7 until 2020 and one could easily hold out on Windows 8.1 until 2025.

For the most part. I understand its a bit fiddly to get it installed but fine once you do. THis is true of the entire Ryzen lineup as I understand it.

6 years is more than enough to save up for a Mac.

>Using wintrash
>Any time
Found your problem

It would only take me 6 weeks to have enough to get one, 6 years!? You some 3rd world or Europoor country?

It also doesn't have native Adobe tools.

passthrough

can't have a job without adobe tools, no sir
or without videogames

betanews.com/2017/06/30/france-drops-windows-10-privacy-case/
>Announcing that it was dropping the lawsuit, the CNIL says that: "The company has reduced the volume of data collected under the 'base' level of its telemetry service by nearly half, identifying system problems and solving them. It limited this collection to the data strictly necessary to maintain the system and applications in good working order and to ensure their safety."

>The commission also notes that users are clearly warned not only about data collection, but also that a unique identifier can be used to deliver targeted advertising. Among the steps Microsoft has taken, the commission says:

>>>In addition, the installation procedure for Windows 10 has been modified: users can not finalize the installation until they have expressed their choice of enabling or disabling the ad identifier. They may, moreover, return at any time to that choice.

>Microsoft will no doubt be pleased to have managed to brush off at least one batch of criticism. But while French regulators may be happy with what's been done, it's not clear whether the company has gone far enough to allay the concerns of users.

>Mac
nice meme

>Adobe tools

>current year
>not dual booting
>not only booting into Windows when you need to gaymen
>not having your Windows partition practically devoid of anything except gaems
>not encrypting your Linux partitions with LUKS and set it all up with LVM and XFS so that Windows has no chance at all of reading it

Pleb.

The FOSS alternatives pale in comparison for professional use.

>2017
>dualboot
>not PCI passthrough

you are the biggest pleb of them all

>PCI passthrough
>letting Windows having direct access to hardware when sensitive files are decrypted in memory as you're running Linux
>trusting Intel or AMD to barrier the two OSes

You're the one who's retarded here.

>wanting to be a wage monkey

There are alternatives to Windows 10 for gaming if you don't like it.

> he thinks i have network access in windows

>mfw there'll be a market for non-locked hardware in the future and everyone is using (by then) 20+ year old tech

paranoia 9k

>he thinks Windows doesn't have internet access anyway

>letting Windows having direct access to hardware when sensitive files
Pedo detected

Current hardware is already powerful enough to run a VM with a GPU passthrough. Why would I run Winshit on my bare hardware?

6 weeks? It would take me six days. But I'm comfy with my x1 carbon with linux

>implying I won't STILL be using my Pentium 4 and Windows XP

Intel and Microsoft will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

It's not a meme if it's true.

Why not go with Linux?

I've tried linux, I like linux, but I also need some Windows specific programs

And XP is just comfy in a way that not even my optimally riced LXDE can manage

>gnu/linux does not have this problem :^)

Yeah, it doesn't have a marketshare.

This is the best scenario

Im already on Windows 10 since I got nothing to hide
sucks to be you t bh

>Windows specific programs
wine?

If you insist on Windows you'll always be able to run it in a VM in Linux, even if the actual hardware doesn't support it.

>install linux
>use windows 7 as main OS in a vm with gpu passthrough

Is XP really an alternative nowadays? I have read about patches for actual hardware support but I really dunno if that works.

I need some of the shell utilities that go with AutoCAD 2005, the base program works in wine, but its a bitch and a half to import/export cad specific files into other programs on linux.

Windows XP is fine anyway, i wouldnt be doing anything different on Linux, all i do is draw shit in autocad/paintSAI and shitpost

If youre just browsing the web, XP with firefox is just fine. I wouldnt do it on modern hardware at all, or use it for gaming more than CS:GO or something, but it still works fine.

There is some newer hardware that works with patches, but running a kaby lake processor, ddr4 and all that on a 32 bit operating system from 2003 kind of holds you back in more ways than one

Does that only apply to N SKUs?

>Do you guys realize that in 6 years we'll have to migrate to Windows 10 because no CPU will support it?
As long as you are not using FOSS exclusively RIGHT NOW this is irrelevant to you since it will happen to you anyway whether you switch to 10 or not.

>tfw you are using ryzen on win7

Just use LTSB N and custom GPOs

No botnet
No Cortana
No Store
No MS account

you should cut any internet connection to it then I know one person who got ransomeware just like you

In six years the glorious year of the Linux desktop will be upon us

the difference is that im not retarded, ransomware doesnt just "show up", it comes like any other malicious virus/malware/etc, by downloading stupid shit.
I dont download stupid shit

lets say worst case scenario, i accidentally click on an ad that gets past ublock on Sup Forums, and it downloads some file, and i accidentally run it and i get ransomware
big deal, i needed to do a HDD upgrade anyway

I'm posting from a Ryzen + Windows 7 computer right now. Windows Update was a pain to get going but that's pretty much the only hurdle beyond installing from an iso with USB3 drivers.

this is how i installed win7 on ryzen
>rip driver cd onto usb (tfw no optical drive)
>boot from loonix mint live image usb
>copy drivers from usb to hdd
>boot from win7 install usb
>show windows where the usb drivers are (navigate using ps/2 keyboard and or mouse)
>install win 7 as normal
>update
>uninstall botnet updates
>uninstall the update that causes picrelated

at least, you won't need any additional heating.

six days? it would only take me six hours. :^)

Which is why I have a 

he got it from a pdf from an email from a colleague
>allegedly

/thread

It doesn't get as hot as you'd think
Cooler is pretty beefy, keeps a 70w 2.8ghz Northwood p4 under 60c, fan kicks in low at 55c, runs passively if under 50c

Things move on. By 2020 you probably won't care you are being data mined. You will have a VR mask on your face that is always online that provides you with the best waking dreams you can imagine with some product placement ut otherwise it's free.

>Professional tools
>Graphic design shit

>professional tools
>tools used by professionals
Could literally be Microsoft word or gimp

All your Adobe shit runs fine in Wine.

Actually there are more Linux users than Windows users if you count Android.

Don't listen to the pajeet working at miCIArosoft pcgamer.com/user-patch-unlocks-windows-7-and-81-updates-on-kaby-lake-and-ryzen/

>User patch unlocks Windows 7 and 8.1 updates on Kaby Lake and Ryzen

B-but why would you want to preserve your working Windows applications in a checkpoint-able virtual machine which doesn't care which hardware it's actually running on goy?

Here buy these upgrades.l

>paying extra so Pajeet doesn't spy on you as much
still has telemetry

>paying extra so
HAHAHAH!!
What telemetry you can't disable in LTSB?
They only give you security updates so you won't get wanacry.

They still send telemetry Pajeet.

WHAT TELEMETRY THAT YOU CAN'T DISABLE THEY SEND, YOU PARANOID SHITBRAINS?

>half
wow so much

We've been over this before, there is only a 'milinal' setting and not 'no telemetry.'

Why do you insist on trying to lie to people every fucking thread this comes up? It just makes people distrust Indians and Microsoft even more.

>cant even make a circle on gimp without effort

user what

Some homosexual millennials think GIMP is a vector drawing program for some reason.

I mean you can't even load linux kernel modules on Windows, WTF? This makes the same amount of sense.

i really wonder about this. with new cpu backdoors and stuff. what if old dual cores are basically not included on botnet.

>I mean you can't even load linux kernel modules on Windows
watch me bitch