LineageOS

Any LineageOS users here?
I think it's great for Samsung phones since you can get rid of fucking Touchwiz and get clean, fast and useful stock Android.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.aptoide.com
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-android-nougat-sdk-25-arm64-t3639221
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see a lot of people complaining about touchwhis. Whats wrong with it(apart from being laggy in some cases)?

Fuck Lineage. The devs are not forgiven after the April Fool's prank they pulled. I am back to using CM.

what did they do? I'm not into ROMs so please elaborate

Nexus 5X + LineageOs user here. It feels better even compared to stock Android, but the difference is not as big as it used to be (when Android 5 was the latest). Still preferable just for the sake of getting rid of (most of) botnet.

Have 7.1.2 on my N7. It's slow like all other Roms but does the job just fine, stable as fuck.

Literally all people on Sup Forums who aren't tech illiterate are using LineageOS without GApps

7.1.2 OnePlus One checking in...

Lineage user since fucking ever her.
The only thing that i miss from CM is the theme engine, but sadly that's an android 7 problem.
Using substratum is such a pain in the ass, that i limited myself to only using 3 overlays (lockscreen, whatsapp and statusbar), because everything else brickedmy device and i had to remove them manuallly.
The OS itself compared to marshmellow is much faster and snappier in my case, so atleast i made a good trade

How retarded does one have to be to consider this offensive?
Jesus christ they're just a bit autistic let them make le funny meme once in a while

Not much, people whining are stuck in 2010.

use a separate branch of lineage or AOSP. There's no need to run straight lineage since it usually runs worse than the forks. I'm using Nitrogen OS on my old Nexus 4 right now and it's running like a dream.

Install Resurrection remix

>stock android
>it isn't even aosp

What are the advantages of forks ?
t. nexus 4 lineageOS user

Yes it helps you get rid of that pesky warranty as well

just buy an iphone already

>buying a phone that still has warranty left
I guess if you have so much money to waste you would buy an iphone.

>I think it's great for Samsung phones
That battery drain...

I had to go back to an unofficial Lineage 13 build for my rn3p because i also missed the theme engine too much.
Also, can't really let go of Xposed Framework, even if most ROM's got the essential tweaks baked in

I have a 1+1 and I'm considering installing Lineage but there are some very crucial things that I want and I'm not sure if Lineage has them. So could anyone tell me if I will be able to:

1. Use a dark/black system theme so that everything from contacts and messages to the options menu will be dark or black;

2. Make so that I can have the phone fully encrypted with a password required at boot, but no lockscreen of any kind when it's turned on;

3. Lock individual apps with a pin/pattern.

Thanks

>Unofficial
Maybe not the best choice.

Read their respective XDA page. Some take out even more bloat, some emulate stock more than lineage while removing bloat, most run better with improved kernels.

Feels good with official builds.
But my phone also has official RR builds and it is better customization wise. But I'm using LOS atm.

Feels great on my LeEco Le Pro 3. Almost 3 days of battery at normal usage.

Lineage on my G4 Play is good. It's damn good.

I've been looking at forks of it but I don't know which of them would have better battery life, if any of them do.

Why?
It's perfectly stable

Not LineageOS directly but isn't Resurrection based on it at least somehow or am I wrong, anyway thats what I use on my Redmi Note 3 Pro and it works fine

It's good, But I don't get why I only do 627 of single core performance score on my Oneplus2 despite doing the test in "performance" mode.

1. None that I'm aware of
2. Nope.
3. Yes

Lineage OS on oneplus2 is a dream. Everything works, got rid of the bloaty google apps with pico gapps and still get to run android 7 even though onecuck doesn't do long term support. And there's an update like every week, so the project is alive and well.

There's a whole lot of extra bullshit you can't easily get rid of. And it does lag pretty badly, I don't know how Samsung users don't see it.

that's right my friend

I don't think it's a direct fork of it.

It's one of those ROMs which pulls a bunch of stuff from other ROMs and bundles it together, while possibly debloating or tweaking other things like the speed of animations.

In terms of functionality most of them are just "Lineage plus extra shit." Some of them add some nice things, though, like an xposed-less wakelock blocker or built-in Adaway.

2. yes you can?

does anyone else have issues with updates failing to download? I've tried to download an update 3 times now and it fails at around 95% every single time.

Same problem here. I've noticed when I'm not using bandwidth for anything else the update is more likely to succeed. Still annoying though and something they should fix.

touchwiz is horrible because it ignores standard android ui and touch protocols

I have a problem where the update package is downloaded and when you click reboot and install automatically, it the progress bar goes to about 30% and then the phone already reboots and in the recovery it doesn't run the script for updating itself and you have to manually locate and install the zip file
It kinda sucks, happens every time, it used to work on CM

Installed it on my Moto G3. It's a lot less laggier than the stock Marshmallow installation, even though I installed GApps. Their Music app is awesome considering that the Google one was the worst bloated piece of shit ever. Also it's great to have root in a way that isn't detected by Snapchat.

without gapps battery life is like a dream

I have it on my nexus, it's great. Stable, and customizable.

who gives a crap if your phone costs only about 100 bucks used,
also why the fuck would I want an iPhone, you can't use the fucking file system, pirate apps and with every new iOS update the phone gets slow as hell
no thanks

i have it on my moto g3 so i could use android nougat, it's ok

with an update they changed the boot animation and added an app that claimed to be a ROM builder but didn't do shit obviously

with what kernel? that shit lags worse than a 486 trying to play crysis

I'm just using the kernel that RR comes with, and it's by far the most smooth and stable experience on my phone (moto x pure).
Maybe the maintainer for your device is just shit.

well i mainly want it for a galaxy tab 2 7 relatively old but still the old rr version was smooth as fuck
this one tho needs magisk and i havent really understand how they fuck i can install that shit on my devide lol

flash magisk.zip in recovery.

How do you update apps if you don't have the play store?

tried fucked up the twrp had to reflash it bla bla not sure what the fuck went wrong tho

Not that user, but there are alternative 'app stores', the most common one being fdroid.

I myself would ditch gapps in a heartbeat, but unfortunately all my friends use hangouts and refuse to switch to telegram.

Try Aptoide or another store like that, you can update and download all apps for free
link: en.aptoide.com
once you install the store go to the updates tab like in the screenshot and update

Nexus 6 running Lineage 14.1 here. I'm just glad to be free of Google apps.

Sultan optimized lineage Master race

>no signature spoofing allowed on lineage
>no xposed
>no microg

What the fuck are they thinking?

Xposed not being on nougat for a while isn't the fault of lineage (also Xposed will permanently trip safety net as long as you have it installed)

You can use magisk or the patch to enable signature spoofing so you can use microg

fuck safetynet

thats all i have to say

You can bypass that with Magisk.

samefag
you have no idea what i have done so far to make that shit to work on the galaxy tab 2
i dont know but i have the feeling that intalling the zip alone isnt the way to go im sure im missing something but i cant find a tutorial on that shit

Well for me it worked for the first time. Every time. When version 13 dropped you had to flash the uninstaller zip then flash version 13. It's working just fine for me.

Got the zip from the XDA topic and did the update. I have no problems with Lineage OTAs and Magisk gets installed after flashing the weekly build.

i havent done much flashing and shit on a kernel level for a long long long LONG time so i thought it would be like the rest
maybe the twrp version i have doesnt "support" it somehow?
or mag is agnostic?

it has a fucking manager? got a link for it?

You mean LineageOS? Yeah it does the stock Android one, but I just use Amaze from F-Droid.

no i mean mag does it have a manager for it?

I'd use it if it wasn't a buggy pile of shit on my phone.

Oh. Yeah it should be in the Magisk zip.
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

samefag
sorry for being a fucktard but this shit has given me such a headace today but i want to punch a horse to the ground
or hillary

Yeah I almost punched the wall when version 12 was kept loosing root and I had to reboot ever time when I wanted to get it back. That crap was so annoying.

I kinda want a color engine. That shit in AOSPA is cool. But I don't want to switch to that.

Don't be a fag just like rovo89. There's unofficial Xposed and it works just fine.
forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-android-nougat-sdk-25-arm64-t3639221