Wake up

>wake up
>britain still in EU

how do bongs feel about their referendum being ignored by their politicians?

well?

If, say in 3 or so years we are still in the EU then I will of course feel annoyed, but most people here are aware the process of leaving the EU is a lengthy one and so to answer your question: the referendum isn't being ignored but if article 50 isn't activated fairly soon people will start to get angry.

Happy, don't ask inbred chavs their opinion.

it takes AT LEAST 8 months for the whole process to take place you fucking stupid idiot

>stupid idiot

That's redundant you fat large man

you cant just leave over night user
the EU has to suffer nice and slowly first

shut up gay faggot

I-I swear I don't like men's penises

>britain still in EU
well yes, doesn't article 50 require a 2 year transitional period?

liking traps is gayer than sucking dick

Very good 2bh. As part of the 52% I hope they just drag it on and on

after its been invoked, yes
it hasn't even been invoked yet

So why isn't it invoked yet?

No it allows for a transitional period between a couple of months and 2 years

Cameron quit before invoking it for some reason. The next pm (likely Theresa May) will trigger it.

guarantees a minimum of two years, after article 50 is invoked

None of the politicians want to invoke it since they know it'll be a disaster and they don't want the blame on their hands. Currently they're casting lots on who'll have to do it

You don't even have any proper leadership with enough political capital to do it anyways.

mfw brexit not happening

>3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

Shut up, black nigger

I don't understand what you're trying to say
Article 50 gives a strict 2 year deadline from when withdrawal is notified to the EU until the actual withdrawal. During that, EU laws still apply to the UK. We continue to participate in *most* other EU stuff as normal. That's all after it's invoked though, we'er not even at that stage.

>most people here are aware the process of leaving the EU is a lengthy one
aka you're politicians have no clue what to do

>a strict 2 year deadline
Yes, a strict deadline of 2 years AT MAXIMUM, unless the European council unanimously agrees to extend it.
You can have the withdrawal agreement go into effect before the end of the 2 year period.
The 2 year period is a way to not have 10 year negotiations

>Yes, a strict deadline of 2 years AT MAXIMUM, unless the European council unanimously agrees to extend it.

If it was a maximum then it would be impossible to extend it...it's is a minimum, and if further time is needed it needs to be negotiated.
Either way two years seems to be the time frame given to work with after article 50

>If it was a maximum then it would be impossible to extend it...it's is a minimum
No, it's not. Can't you understand the quote from the Lisbon treaty article 50?
>from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2
The date where the withdrawal agreement goes into effect can be after 6 months or one year or whenever.
You have 2 years to figure everything out and maybe longer if the European council feels like negotiating longer.
The idea is that everything is resolved within 2 years and hopefully sooner.