Ideal screen size

>ideal screen size
>720p resolution, great balance between readability and battery life
>fingerprint scanner on lock button
>dedicated camera button
>sony aesthetics

Why haven't you bought an Xperia X Compact get Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sonyxperiadev
developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I'm waiting for a refresh.

Obviously Sony sees the need to advertise on this piece of shit board.
Im not going to buy products from such a desperate company.
Also it looks like a brick.

If it's below 6 inches, I ain't interested.

It's expensive.

>Xbox huge bezels

no money, man...

Because its camera isn't as good as the one in my Lumia 950.

>Crimson Chin's phone of choice
no thanks

> expensive
> under 400$

Get a job you fucking NEET.

you get the same or better specs for half the price from xiami or another chink brand

Lumia 1020 was awesome.

>Why haven't you bought an Xperia X Compact get Sup Forums?
>1 month later one xperia in the word explodes
>3 days later Xperia line is dropped and support banishes

But you lose the form factor. Also the other brands don't have something like this: github.com/sonyxperiadev developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/

I like my Xperia XZ, I just wish it had proper freedom roms.

Because I already have an Xperia Z5c and it will last 4 years like his predecessor, an Xperia S

>no induction charging

No thanks.

Stop pretending to be from a science fiction movie and learn to appreciate good aesthetics

It was $300 on Amazon for a while. Gotta keep them eyes peeled, user.

But 1080p is ideal, not lmao year 200 720p, that you should have watched the 9/11 attacks on.
>He watched 9/11 on a tv with a tube

>github.com/sonyxperiadev
>device-sony-yoshino
>device-sony-suzu
>device-sony-sumire
>device-sony-satsuki

>tfw you will never make your own waifu phone

Looks like a shitty Zune lole

I intend to, soon.

the "proper" compact flagship is on its way with SD 835. The current X compact still is a good buy though, if you are not a specs autist. It will probably get updated to Androd O, too.

I did. It was the closest thing to my old Lumia. It's not perfect, but I'm quite fond of this little blue phone.

Currently got the XZ. What a piece of shit it is.
If you let it drop to 20% YouTube videos play at around 1 fps, nothing loads, everything just crashes.. And it takes around 2 hours to get there from full charge. I'll never buy a sony again.

something something rootkit on music compact discs something got hacked two times in 1 month something something produces anti-american movies something something shit company

because im getting ready to go full nokia again

>Why haven't you bought an Xperia X Compact get Sup Forums?
It's not a BlackBerry.

I don't pay for my own cellphone. For some reason my parents like a good many parents of millennials seem to think that they're meant to keep buying me things long after I've turned 18. So they still pay for my cellphone and the bills. As such, I shut the fuck up about what carrier they use or what phone they want to provide me. They're on Verizon, X Compact wouldn't work on there, and they've been nice enough to buy me the Moto Midrangers for the past 4 or so years so, why would I?

I'd rather get a Galaxy S8

>A fucking brick
>shit design
>bad and uninspired UI
>Huge bezels

>Why haven't you bought an Xperia X Compact
Becuase Xperia z5c suits me just fine

>I don't know how to disable STAMINA mode.
>I charge my phone on a 0.5A plug.

The slight curvature on the edge of the bezel prevents proper fitment of a glass screen protector which is a bust for me. I'm hoping the refresh they're rumored to be releasing in September is going to remove it. If not I'll just buy a wallet case and call it good enough.

>fingerprint scanner
why does Sup Forums always act like this is a good feature? fuck the botnet

You're pushing the boundaries of diminishing returns at 720p on even the biggest phones. The opt-in to 4k is for VR use which this phone is incapable of given the form factor. The real question has to be with the type of panel and the quality.

Sup Forums seems torn on it actually. There are people who hate it and people who love it, I will personally tape mine to prevent it from scanning my fingers.

It's not really Nokia tho. Just another chink company using the name Nokia as a marketing tool. You might as well get something from Xiaomi or OnePlus.

>software updates
>no malware
>warranty outside of China

That's how it's different from chinkphones.
Specs aren't everything.

It's literally manned by the same people who were managing the old Nokia phone division, and their headquarters sit right in front of Nokia's HQ
They're lackluster phones value wise compared with most chinkphones, but fuck off with your FUD

Because
>redmi note 3 pro has a ideal screen size for me, i wouldnt mind a bigger screen though
>1080p resolution, readable and sharp and battery life is good
>i have no problems with fingerprint scanner being on the back, its actually comfy spot for me
>i dont need a dedicated camera button because i use camera very rarely, why do you think i got a phone with a shitty camera?
>it doesnt look any better than other phone
>its fucking expensive, i could get 3 xiaomis with the price of that shit here

>Sony ''aesthetics''
Yeah, that's why. It reminds me of one of those Madcatz controllers that change the design just enough so they don't infringe on patents, while giving no thought to the design itself.

Or I could just get a G5 Plus which is the same price point, but better in every way

Xiaomi updates it's phones for long time. 1-2 Android version updates only sure, but if you use MIUI it doesn't really matter, there is no much difference between Android versions when using MIUI. You get security updates and MIUI updates for years though, even their old as shit phones still get updated. If you care about Android version or don't want to use MIUI, you can use custom ROMs, just be sure not to buy a xiaomeme with mediakek
Xiaomi phones dont contain malware, only the vendor ROMs do, which are easy to identify. Always check the MIUI version first and flash it clean with official ROM if it is not official
Warranty is the only thing you kinda got right, but at least you can probably cry to AliExpress or where you get your phone from and maybe get a refund or something if it breaks. Still not the best option though. The 2 first points you mentioned are shit.

Go big or go home

I'd rather get a z5c to bee honest.

Aliexpress gives you 2 years warranty for some extra 10$

My problem with this phone and with xperia line in general, is that huge chin waste of space and the lost space on the screen for nav keys.

No But I did pre-ordered the Moto E4 Plus today on Amazon because it carries a 5,000 mah tank

>just another chink company
Is Apple a chink company too?

It's very expensive.

I got a Huawei P10 for 220 euros.

They're jamming a flagship SoC into the phone, they have to put that shit somewhere.

>I got a Huawei P10 for 220 euros.
what where?

It needs longer battery life, sturdier construction, and a drop in price. By like half.

Nobody gives a shit about 4k resolution or having enough horsepower to play overwatch at 60fps on it.

Their flagship is the same see: , is not a space problem, is their language design.

SoT is going to be crazy on that thing, ey? My Note 5 is fucking terrible when it comes to that.

Except it is fucking huge..

I like small phones.
I have the Z1 Compact, the X Compact, and a iPhone SE. I do not like anything bigger.

So my options are limited. Like damn, even Sup Forums's favorite phone the Moto G got fat.

Forgot image

hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg

I'm not a manlet, SoC-let and stockROM-let. And holy fuck, dat chin - what was the point of moving the FP sensor if they haven't planned improving screen to body ratio?

I have a Z5. The camera is amazing.

Stamina mode is disabled and I use the original fast charge cable and plug.

Same phone here. Been waiting for lineage for ages. I'm stuck on some random AOSP ROM currently.

What happened to Sailfish supposedly being supported by Sony?

>2017
>not still boycotting Sony because of the geohotz and rootkit scandals.

The cable you get with phones is usually a data+charge cable which usually means it won't do fast charging unless you short the data pins

Because my Z3C with lineageos still works really well

Just got the Asus Zenfone 3 zoom this shit is crazy

Because my motog4 has basically no bloat, a better screen and no autistic useless buttons like a camera button.
Unless I'm trying to snap a creepshot why would I need that?

>android
Yeah I'm good.

i think u mean athletics dumbo

>720p spun as a positive
How to spot a shill 101

Because that finger print scanner isn't big enough to scan my finger?

>implying sony mobile and sony entertainment are the same company

are you blind?

720p is positive, it's a fucking cellphone.

Finger print scanner doesn't work in US

I always use my finger scanner on my HTC 10

nice overpriced HTC 10

HTC 10 going for $400 reminder

does it use google fi?

>buy
>from Sony
Does it come with a rootkit?

>under $400
>$399

for a phone you use for calling? lol look at this goof

>glossy plastic back
At least make it non glossy.

you sound like my mom.

Pretty much every other high range phone is xbox-huge by itself

you forgot something
>worse in every way possible to the z5c except housefire sd810
>which in turn was worse in almost every way possible to the

sony took the wrong turn with the compact line. the z5c gained better waterproofing and better speakers for shittier battery life and housefire temperatures with no significant performance gain (it also looks more like a brick than the predecessor). the Xc cant even make 4k videos or 120fps ones anymore because it runs a lower end SD650. while the camera is capable of doing it, the soc cannot. it also looks even more like a brick, gets shittier speakers and probably has shittier performance / battery life. its just a gimped version of the predecessor branded as the 'new' product in the series

the z3c is still the best one and the most comfortable to hold while having the best battery life and not being a total housefire. remake that with a modern soc, add a better camera and you get the best possible sub 5.0 phone. too bad sony gave in to the suggestions the retards kept giving on how to improve the phone

tl:dr
sony fucked the compact line and they're clearly not putting effort in their mobile sector anymore. its not worth it

What are some cheap small phones with good batteries, Sup Forums? I'm talking ~120mm height since I want to be able to sit with shallow pockets. I don't care if it's chink or whatever.

I bought the XCompact last month to replace my stolen Z3, paid $350. I like it a lot. It has 3gb of ram Z5 has 2gb. I saw a YouTube video that shows the Z5 has a plastic camera lens that scratches easily, XC is glass. Charging it every 2 to 3 days with moderate use. Diggin it!

>Nokia
why are they pushing this meme so far? It's like the fins have nothing else to be proud about.

This is pretty awesome.

Too bad even unlocking the bootloader makes you lose their proprietary photographic software forever.

because the better phone already exists

But I have, user.

Kek

>720p

I could ask you the same question, dumb consumerfag

Because it's too expensive

>cleaner crisper text is dumb consumerism

lol

Get the Xperia xa1 then, mid-range version

Sony, give me usb type C and wireless charging already fuck.
Oh and i wouldn't complain about less bezzle.

>sony aesthetics

Sony fanboy detected. Sony is one of the shittest brands from Japan, and it's hugely overrated. I'd say it's even unworthy of being Japanese.

Remember when stamina mode actually werked? Fucking sony ruining their best selling feature. Also while you are herr marketers bring back the Walkman name to the music app and stop the fucking adds in your default rom.