If it's so shit, why do all the smartest computer science people us it? why don't they use something else...

If it's so shit, why do all the smartest computer science people us it? why don't they use something else? they can afford anything.

computer science is for brainlets who couldn't handle real math

Terrance Tao uses a macbook.

>why do all the smartest computer science people us it?
prove it?

product lag, Mac were easily the best notebooks minus Thinkpads for University students/profs/researcher since 2005. It has only been the last couple of years that PC laptops have been competitive, also having the ability to run Linux is a big plus.

all his papers are ghostwritten

go on YT. pick your favorite CS conference. watch what presenters use. 99% of the time it's MBPs.

university has to spend all that money somehow

they are free

t. T.A.

What school buys profs and grad students laptops?

Computer isn't a single skill, subject or knowledge base. Most computer science people don't know shit about hardware.

>laptop over $1000
>1366x768 tn panel
Hahahahahaha.

Mac hardware is the same as a typical Windows ultrabook, just for a few hundred bucks more because of the better OS, customer service, and nicer design. Not saying it's worth it always but Mac buyers aren't idiots.

most windows based ultrabooks rock 1080+ ips though for cheaper. OS is a dumb arguement cause you can run windows, linux, or OSX on pretty much any laptop, so the only difference is price and apples bizarre choice of specs in their shit models.

x768 tn panel
chinkpads are still stuck at that rez? kek

How many iMacs are in space though?

report and sage people, report and sage

help our shitty board stay a little bit clean

apple's biggest issue is their bullshit policy and patents
apart from that, it is a certified unix out of the box, fully linux compatible
and unlike linux (which is what I use, live, and swear by) fully compatible with all that audio engineer, adobe suit shit many are just required to work with
apple is an example of a very horrible/anti human corp, coming up with something that contradicts their motives, a useful tool

Computer science guys and programming guys generally know jack shit about hardware or networking. I wouldn't expect a programmer to know about what shit build quality Macs have. Truly gold paint on a turd.

That said I'm unconvinced the OS is shit. I've used a VM but never had one for a daily driver.

ebin bread

>If it's so shit, why do all the smartest computer science people us it? why don't they use something else? they can afford anything.

Because it has a Unix-like environment, is well built and decently supported, and very secure. And because you can't develope for Apple products on anything else.

>How many iMacs are in space though?
Space Shuttle's dead bro.

ps: powerpc is powering Mars rovers and Macs got them onto Mars.

All the rich college kids they teach use MacBooks as well so they want to ensure that all the shit they teach works on their machine to avoid complaints?

People getting into the IT field now are also hardware retarded and a lot of the baby boomer professors don't really know much up to date hardware information. Every IT worker I've ever met was a console gamer.
t. In accelerated IT courses now

Coders don't really care about the price vs quality in Macs. They're issued a laptop so what do they care of its price vs competition? OSX gives you bsd out of the box, and most devs are too lazy to deal with configuration. So it's everything they need without having to worry about any configuration or support issues. Windows just sucks for most development, I've only ever been happy writing ASP and working on a proprietary C++/C# game engine on Win. I've probably done half my total career's worth of dev on Windows, but if there was a proprietary embedded systems IDE that wasn't on windows, I'd switch in a heartbeat. One firmware I worked with did their own ground up arm-abi toolchain plugin system with Sublime to avoid Win.

>OSX
>any laptop
P^)>

Seek psychiatric help.