Comcast Fagfinity

They're at it again Sup Forums.

I'm sure you've seen the pictures of pop-ups that comcast has injected into the HTTP stream of its users.

I'm a student with a home server I use to use to show employers I'm trying to work for. It does email and HTTP.

Comcast filters all port 25 traffic out of residential addresses, I had to pay for an SMTP proxy to get it to work.

But whatever, it stops spam, understandable, I even overlooked the fact that after I complained about it i've been harassed nonstop about buying business internet and tripling my bill so that I can get the FULL internet, and not just filtered internet.

I tried to show an employer my website today.

Guess what?

Comcast allows a single resource to be requested and then drops every tcp stream that follows afterwards that have an HTTP 200 OK header.

After about 20-30 minutes, they reset. and you can again request a single resource and everything that follows is dropped.

To the client it makes their browser hang. The 3 way handshake was successful, the resource was requested, and they never receive any packets.

From the server end, a three-way handshake occurs, the resource is requested, the TCP stream commences, but no ACKs ever return. After re-sending the HTTP 200 OK header 20 or 30 times the connection naturally times out

NEVER GET FAGCAST. THEY ARE THE DEFINITION OF NET NON-NEUTRALITY. THEY WILL FILTER AND FILTER YOUR SHIT UNTIL YOU PAY THEM MORE MONEY.

Other urls found in this thread:

xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement.html
xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/additionalterms.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Switch to better ISP, problem solved.

Why the fuck did you get Xfinity.

Keep it up and you just might have to pay for the Sup Forums package

Not allowed in my area. They have a monopoly.

contract

the offered a better rate

im on the phone with their support right now. They claim that residential does not support servers.

This is nowhere in the service agreement. Its not written anywhere.

>xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement.html
>xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/additionalterms.html

Net neutrality is not an issue.
People are just crabby they have to pay for a service. They don't like that they have to pay more for a service they use more of, or for a higher tier of service. These idiots, I imagine, go into a restaurant and order a single scoop of vanilla ice cream for a buck fifty, then get the idea they need to start an "ice cream neutrality" movement to petition the government to make it illegal for restaurants to charge two bucks for an extra scoop, or three for a banana split. "It's not fair!" they cry, because they're little children who think they should have whatever they want just because they want it. These are greedy little snots who pirate all their software, movies, and music, and consider themselves entitled, since they have to pay a monthly bill for internet usage.

what do I do?

This is literally not written anywhere in their service agreement.

This is predatory. I signed up expecting full internet, barring the exceptions made in the service agreement, and the service agreement does not mention anything about this.

Try ordering ice cream and only getting a cone and getting told its more if you actually want the ice cream

>current state of american internet providers
Can't wait until a 40% ""white"" american goes full butthurt and doesn't realize only one half of EU is full of mudslimes, since
>enjoy being raped by muhmed
is your only argument

>OP has legitimate need, demonstrating his personal website for non-commercial purposes and is likely literally paying more for a higher tier service
>You bitch about pirates for some reason

Your account has been credited $0.50 for this post.

The point is the ISP and I agreed to something in writing, and im not getting everything I agreed to.

Nowhere do they state that this will be filtered in any agreement.

People pay for bandwidth, the ISP should fuck off and give people bandwidth when we want it, that's what we pay them for.
If they're whining that Netflix uses a lot of bandwidth and they've oversubscribed themselves maybe they should increase capactiy.
If they need to increase prices to fulfill capacity then that's fair enough.

>tfw uverse
>no injected (((data cap))) reminders
>running servers like apache, ssh, and mysql perfectly with static ip
>symmetric 100mbps

>Pay specific price for specific service
>Does not receive specific service
>Somehow entitled for not reviving specific service

>Pay for an 8GB stick of RAM
>Stick of RAM cost same prices as other 8GB sticks
>Stick of RAM says and specifies it's 8GB
>Put 8GB stick of RAM into system
>System only reads and uses 6GB
>Is told to buy more RAM
>Is called entitled for not getting what they paid for

Please

FUCK OFF

You pajeet fuck.

Except the Comcast ToS probably mentions inability to run servers on residential internet service.

[citation needed]
Read

Switch to CenturyLink or the alternative nothing is stopping you. Either switch now or do not bitch.

This analogy would make since if was complaining about slow speeds after paying for their lowest tier, but that's not whats happening here. A better analogy would be if you paid for a scoop of icecream, weren't allowed to take it home and could only eat it. You try to share some icecream with your friend, but the waiter sprints in, tackles you to the ground and screams in your ear that you only ordered personal class icecream and you will have to pay an extra dollar if you want to share it.

You wouldn't download ice cream

Comcast would throttle the download so by the time it is finished the icecream would be melted.

Aaaaand I can't take you seriously anymore.

>hosting on a residential connection
lmaoing at your life. For the cost of that SMTP proxy you could have a real VPS. Hell if you want to still use your home PC to host then you could use it as a tunnel endpoint.

Fuck, forgot pic.

I'm not sure I believe this, op. I'm going to test it right now.

Also, if you want to send email setup postfix to relay through gmail. You don't have to pay for an smtp proxy.

OK i tested. I spun up a vm with apache running on port 80. I verified it was working on my internal network. I then forwarded port 80 on my ubiquiti firewall to the vm in my proxmox server.

I tested it from my phone on cellular data, works fine multiple requests. I then connected to my work vpn on my laptop and tested both in my browser and using curl about 10 times, works fine.

My guess, your router is doing something stupid.

theres fibre in certain parts of my area, but not available in my neighborhood anytime soon. only spectrum and frontier are available and frontier is prob the worst for internet compared to spectrum

And sorry if it wasn't clearly implied, but I do have Comcast xfinity cable internet, gigabit plan.

and this, my friends, is how paid shilling works. remember to never do it for free