Is AMD ruining the CPU industy by supergluing (old tech) together multiple dies on a single socket?

Is AMD ruining the CPU industy by supergluing (old tech) together multiple dies on a single socket?

This will slow down the advancement of making smaller and faster CPUs.

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/foundry/emib.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi Intel, you need to get some new material. This stuff's getting stale like your monopoly practices.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Nothing can slow down advancement more than Intel sitting the previous 7 years releasing the same CPU over and over with a new socket every time.
Thanks to Intel, we are still stuck with 2010 level of CPU technology.

Is AMD ruining the CPU industry by supergluing (old tech) together multiple cores on a single socket?

This will slow down the advancement of making smaller and faster CPUs

Is this the de facto insult for you guys?

so amd "glue" their cpu's is bad
but when intel does it is ok?
intel.com/content/www/us/en/foundry/emib.html
emib is calling they want their shill back

What's a good motherboard to go with the Ryzen anons?

as I've not felt the need to "upgrade" my old 980x until now I'm going to have to say you are right

I think they should have slopped copper between and over each spacer and die pair before soldering just to make use of more area

Asrock have some really good mobos.
ASUS boards tend to have problems.

>Holistic
So it's bullshit and doesn't work?
I'll remember than and buy pharmaceutical grade AMD.

C6H has best VRM on currently released boards
C6E will be even better
Gigabyte Gaming 5/7 are the next best after that.
ASRock Taichi is alright but inferior compared to any of the above.
MSI Titanium is actually worse than Taichi

Of course if you don't care about overclocking at all in any way, just buy a B350 board

>Zen is (old tech)
>Technology cannot be used again if everyone stopped using it already.

You are a genuine fucking retard. You're implying multiple dies on a cpu is a (((trend))) which will be adopted frivilously by other 'tech' companies like some sort of fashion. Zen and all its new arch features were not done frivilously, they were developed over almost half a decade. With top people heading the project.

The infinity fabric on zen is both its Achilles heel and its ace. A minor boost to the bus speed gives huge gains. And allows for huge scalability.

But everyone will forget that (((intel))) is holding back the advancement of CPU's. Because instead of powering with Pentium4/Netburst, they went back to pentium 3 to create the first Core series.

>still no overbuilt mATX B350

I'm still waiting on a theoretical Gigabyte AX370-UP4, These Gamer boards suck, Gaming5 wastes a whole 2 PCI-e lanes on retarded KillerNIC and WiFi bullshit.

the matx mortar from msi according to reviews is literally the best choice on that segment
but its full of BS "gamers" shit

Nah a UP4 Gigabyte board has the same VRM as the highend boards, but with less integrated gear.

See: A88X-UP4, X79-UP4

gigabyte has being left behind on AM4 sadly which is ironic given that they traditionally release the best amd boards

I think they were worried about being burned again, they put out an intel sized stack for FM2+/Kaveri - and it sold like shit.

I'm hoping AMD does a Zen refresh so there can a second round of X370 boards, with the knowledge that Ryzen isn't actually garbage Gigabyte will probably put in a lot more effort for round2.
I can't blame them for not putting out a big spread this time, Ryzen's lofty promises probably sounded fairly similar to those lofty promises made about Excavator and how HSA was going to save the world.
Even I fell for that marketing meme. (A88X-UP4+7850K downstairs...)

they knew how zen was going to be since they got samples very early
i cant accept that they didnt knew or didnt want to burn since the perf was there

Strix B350. Best AM4 B350 on the market.

whole Core lineup by intel is old tech. They literally did nothing besides shrinking the transistors and adding them to the old arch (going back even to P3)

It was pretty shaky at the start though, before AGESA 1.0.0.5 it was unstable and lower performance, 1.0.0.6 beefed it up again.
It's possible the initial microcode was shit, as evidenced by the few zen leaks we had in 2015, the few times SiSoftSandra reults were leaked come to mind.

> supergluing (old tech)
> Hey, I need to make a stupid analogy but also, if that's not enough, make sure they understand it's totally uncool
> This will slow down the advancement of making smaller and faster CPUs.
This will slow down Intel development, that's for sure: bigger dies mean lower yields and higher costs. Unless they will go the same route with "supergluing".

>This will slow down Intel development, that's for sure: bigger dies mean lower yields and higher costs. Unless they will go the same route with "supergluing".
google emib
read the first phrase
realise that intel is literally so full of them selfs that they dont even understand the threat of zen what so ever

>This will slow down the advancement of making smaller and faster CPUs.
>the development of portable thinshit slows down
WTF I love AMD now!

FALSE

AMD did not use superglue to make it's RYZEN CPU.

Same. Still rocking x58 like a baws. X5650 + GTX1060 = heaven

SOPA

Intel's done it with the Pentium D and Core 2 Quad.

>Is Intel ruining the CPU industy by meshing (old tech) together multiple cores on a single die?

>This will slow down the advancement of making larger and faster CPUs.

Intel's on damage control because their CEO's being asked to resign

Gonna need some proof of that.

whole 2017 is being a disaster
stupid decision one after the other
the entire industry is laughing at you
you left the mobile
you left the smartphone/tablet
you are about to get btfo from the datacenter market
the consumer market is laughing at you
yeah a great ceo

This is the future of CPUs. We're staring to hit the limits of how far you can shrink shit, so the next dimension of expansion will be sideways, with multiple dies.

My 3470 is still kicking ass, Intel are fucking jews.

In 2020, isn't that goal going to be pointless anyway? From 2020, by the way things are going, arent we going to reach our peak at achieving a smaller size/power ratio?

Question for everyone.
I have a core 2quad that can still run most games... That was old tech glued together that made leaps in the industry... What's the difference

My nigga.

Asus P6T + X5680 + GTX1070 here.
That PC litterally came with XP installed on it. (I asked for it because of bad experience with Vista.)

2 cores are disabled

>AMD makes smaller and faster CPU
>and then glues them together, allowing them to keep the units smaller and faster than intel's monstrous monolithic hyper-dies

>this is slowing down the advancement of making smaller faster CPUs

UMA DELICIA DE POST, GALERA

Idiot. Educate yourself.