Why are you still legally inclined to pay for Windows 95?

Why are you still legally inclined to pay for Windows 95?

same reason you still have to pay for movies before 1995

Just because it's old doesn't mean you can just take it for free. Are you freetarded o something?

>inclined
I'm not. Did you mean required? Expected? What are you asking here buddy?

Pre DMCA, so it's nbd

>Paying for a product no longer supported by the company that created it.

$0

Like buying a used car, you kinda have to buy it unless given to you, but im sure there's something about licensing when giving someone an OS as maybe a "gift".

Bump for noots

yes i am

how can you even buy win95

All of these answers are wrong. Software isnt like media or tools IRL, win95 is considered abandonedware, software that has been abandoned by the OEM and is no longer used by the masses. Thats why you can easily find it in archive pages along with a serial code. Microsoft doesn't give a shit.

Why would anyone ever buy a fucking OS

Uuuuuujhhhhhhhhh im.drunk

How do you even have that icon? Was there wi-fi in 1995? I don't remember seeing any machines capable of wireless connection back then

No, because I'm not a millennial who've seen windows 95 only on funny memes and I know that it's utter buggy piece of shit. But I would pay for OS/2

Good example of why intellectual property makes no sense.

>paying for a random combination of 0s and 1s

maybe property makes no sense

Fuck off commie-scum.

PCMCIA card + windows 95 drivers + vendor-specific wireless manager might do the trick

Looks like Windows Vista or 7 with an old icon set.

If property is not private it's stolen, commie.

Thats probably W7 but Win95 did have WiFi. It wasn't available until a few years after launch. I remember a client brought me an old Toshiba laptop with Win95 to restore and it had an external WiFi card attachéd to it

please fuck my wife

>go to antiques store
>fail to get everything for free by arguing that it's all unsupported and out of warranty
wtf

Commie, rules of material world do not apply to software.

Literally nobody's gonna come after you for pirating Windows 95.

Because The Walt Disney Company keeps lobbying for copyrights to extend indefinetely. Even if they didn't, I don't think Win 95 would be old enough to be public domain yet anyways. Things like Mickey Mouse, Batman, and Superman should all be public domain by now, though.

real question is why do you care? do you pay for modern software?

intellectual property is still on and will remain till the 70th anniversary of it's main author's death, then it will fall in the public domain and even more free than open source softwares
btw, since it's not sold anymore, thay can't ask you for money to use it but you still need an activation code to use it, the way you obtain that code can be legal but obviously you might want to use a stollen key and that is still illegal

I'm afraid they do. They probably shouldn't, but they do.

fpbp

also you can get windows 95 for free just for asking for it from the computer fairy

In commie wonderland yes, in real world I can copy any program bazillion times.

same place you get your dragon dildos and rattlesnake meat

There was wireless in 94 in pretty sure. But it was severely expensive and pre 802.11 standard.

> Why are you still required to give money to the owner of goods to obtain goods?

Software is a service though.

> Why are you still required to give money to the provider of a service to obtain service?

But the torrent tracker used is the service in this case, and they don't want no money

Microsoft does not block shared product keys for Windows 95 like they do for Windows 7 keys and later, so why should you pay for it?