We know AMD was near bankruptcy in 2014-2016...

We know AMD was near bankruptcy in 2014-2016. Was the only reason they survived because of the massive amount of fanboys and shills they have?
People who buy their products primarily based on an emotional attachment to AMD and secondarily based on performance figures.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=amd bankruptcy
youtu.be/osSMJRyxG0k
mega.nz/#!yUVklITR!nRdLgSWAt0V2PMop5QjhqaIFOmNKu8nQCa7jsd2doMw
abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=3428255
independent.co.uk/news/business/intel-facing-monopoly-abuse-charge-1156936.html
ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/1998/06/ftc-intel-abuses-its-monopoly-power-violation-federal-law
foxnews.com/story/2009/05/13/intel-fined-record-144b-for-monopoly-abuse.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=monopoly definition
computerworld.com/article/2908371/us-stops-intel-from-selling-xeon-chips-to-chinese-supercomputer-projects.html
extremetech.com/computing/227059-amd-announces-new-293-million-joint-venture-to-build-servers-for-the-chinese-market
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GPU

>We know AMD was near bankruptcy in 2014-2016.
Do we? Have any citations?

There are several people that buy products to stop monopolies from happening.
As soon AMD bellyflops, both nvidia and intel will turn computing into a living hell with no escape but mobile shit.

Are you 12?
Intel has specifically helped AMD stay afloat in past times because if "AMD bellyflops" there's a very high chance that anti trust legalization will force Intel to split into several different companies that are not allowed to co-operate

There is this obstacle as well that will pretty much be the last chance.
But if intel jumps it as well...

they haven't exactly been pulling their weight either
lmgtfy.com/?q=amd bankruptcy

>ati
2007 chart?

>But if intel jumps it as well...
again, are you 12?
Anti trust is a continuous investigation, they can decide at any point that intel has too much market power. 1 year or 100 years after AMD

I''ll never support feminists by buying Intel.

Incorrect
youtu.be/osSMJRyxG0k

>literally can't read

>inb4 i don't watch jewtube

mega.nz/#!yUVklITR!nRdLgSWAt0V2PMop5QjhqaIFOmNKu8nQCa7jsd2doMw

>thumbnail says "history of a monopoly"
>intel has never had a monopoly
yeah, no. Not gonna waste time on that

There is no such company as "ATI"

>steam hardware survey
Into The Trash It Goes.

>being THIS much of a SJW
lol

It obviously just means it says that for legacy reasons retard.
Yes, the game developers who make business decisions based on it are clueless morons. They should look at your non-existent alternative instead

I would buy some of their network gear

no one is using 11 year old gpus retard

>literally pays Dell and HP billions per year to not use AMD
>AMD can't even give away millions of free CPUs even though the pentium 4 was shit.
yeah sure you betcha

all the video does is read through article after arctile of all the intel bullshit since the 80s, i'm not spoon-feeding you anymore, you can click the sources in the description and read for yourself if you want

So you literally don't even know what the word "legacy" in "legacy reasons" means
lol

None of that = monopoly retard. If there's a factual error before the video even begins, i'm not gonna waste time on it

no one uses ATI cards, especially gamers

>i'm not gonna waste time on it
of course you wont, you just a pay shill

see

You're right, it's just trying to create a monopoly through anticompetitive behavior. A monopoly doesn't necessarily mean they did anything wrong as natural monopolies occur often , but anticompetitive behavior means they're fucking scum

>someone points out a clear cut factual error
>SHILL!!!!!
lol

your probably some cuck that bought an 8350 instead of a superior Intel offering

>trying to create a monopoly
nope, see

some AMD shill called me a Sup Forumsidiot right to my face so now Intel is my best friend

Crypto miners quite literally saved them

That was corrupt as hell but it wasn't a monopoly since it was roughly 60-40 marketshare between Intel and AMD. How could Intel be a monopoly if AMD was about to surpass them? The only time Intel was a monopoly was
>before they licensed x86 to AMD in order to get gov't contracts
>arguably 2014-2016 when AMD had only 20% marketshare or less.

not according to the
Japanese FTC and courts
South Korean Courts
UK and EU courts
USA FTC and courts.
> i'm not gonna waste time on it
I didn't realise waisting your time from shilling on an anime tech board in order to learn a little something about what a monopoly actually is would be so problematic to you. You don't have to own a 100% of a market to have a monopoly, just a significant amount and to use that leverage in anti-competitive tatties.

no excuse not to update the name

DELET

>superior
enjoy your backdoor
8350 still best 8core without hardware backdoor

The actual video doesn't say Intel has a monopoly 100% of time. Dear god I've never seen so many people triggered by a title of a video rather than it's contents , what is this buzzfeed?

>AMD was near bankruptcy in 2014-2016

Hardly, AMD was selling APUs like crazy for the PS4 and the Xbox one, on the GPU side they were also selling card to miners, of course none of this will appear on this chart

your probably typing on a backdoored CPU right this moment, or network gear, or OS, or website

>You don't have to own a 100% of a market to have a monopoly
Yes you do, that's the definition of the word retard
>to use that leverage in anti-competitive tatties.
that's what they've been convicted for retard, not for monopoly, you don't convict monopolies, you split them

Intel doesn't want a 100% monopoly but they did want top pin AMD down so far that they would never be competitive. The Pentium was the prime example, they changed the naming scheme so AMD and Cyrix couldn't call their CPU's Pentium clones and made the arch harder to copy. Cyrix continued making faster and faster 486's (5x86, 6x86, MII) while AMD released a 586 and then their new arch, the K5, K6 and Athlon. Even then, AMD and Cyrix had the low end of the market, so youc know what Intel did? Release the Celeron to compete with that. They clearly didn't want AMD making any significant money. Ironically this extreme pressure forced AMD to make the Athlon which would let them return to the high end market.

>APUs like crazy for the PS4 and the Xbox one
with almost 0 profit margin
>selling card to miners
that didn't really take off until 2016-7 since ASIC was the name of the game

>Yes you do, that's the definition of the word retard
but you're wrong

>100% monopoly
Oxymoron you moron. Monopoly is binary, it can't be measured in %
>did want top pin AMD down so far that they would never be competitive
yes, that's pretty much what any company wants with their competitors

abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=3428255
independent.co.uk/news/business/intel-facing-monopoly-abuse-charge-1156936.html
ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/1998/06/ftc-intel-abuses-its-monopoly-power-violation-federal-law
foxnews.com/story/2009/05/13/intel-fined-record-144b-for-monopoly-abuse.html
cry more that your head canon doesn't match up with reality pic related if you have time to waist looking at a picture that it.

irony being, after AMD was dead Intel had plans to attack Nvidia.

the world could be a vastly worse place than it is now kiddo

lmgtfy.com/?q=monopoly definition

nothing from amd was superior to Intel except k8

>what is this buzzfeed?
The title of your video is exactly what buzzfeed would name it. Hence why it's ignored

Sure, also no excuse to be a retard who can't read properly

Also Microsoft and Samsung both had plans to buy AMD if they went under. Intel was horrifed by the idea of Microsoft making their own CPU's.

but no one uses ati, so the whole graphic is entirely innacurate

the only reason amd survived is that they changed ceo fast enough
lisa literally took a dead company and brought it back
also this happened computerworld.com/article/2908371/us-stops-intel-from-selling-xeon-chips-to-chinese-supercomputer-projects.html
literally gave amd the whole chinese market resulting to this extremetech.com/computing/227059-amd-announces-new-293-million-joint-venture-to-build-servers-for-the-chinese-market
then came the deal with ibm with google with bla bla bla... amd literally didnt need any help lisa was good enough

wrong again, that's just the thumbnail, the title is
Intel - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology.
Also prove that Intel was never considered a monopoly and the thumbnail is wrong because user here has proved otherwise,
Or better yet watch the video a 2x speed because your time is so precious and tell us what is factually wrong.
pro tip you can't

chocking your enemy and literally having only your cpu on the market isnt a monopoly..

right...

>Was the only reason they survived because of the massive amount of fanboys and shills they have?
no. AMD Made bank off their ownership of consoles like the Xbox One and PS4, that use AMD APU's. It wasn't enough to turn a profit, but it was enough to keep them in business.

>with almost 0 profit margin
That means they still have a balance enough to pay for operations and R&D, sure investors didn't like it but it was enough to keep them afloat

>that didn't really take off until 2016-7
I remember miners lusting for the HD5xxx series way back to 2010, and the HD6xxx was the first series to have supply problem because of miners when bitcoin broke the $1000USD barrier(2013) if AMD didn't have enough production lines do you think ASIC's would?

>a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices
Intel doesn't have that. Were talking "set the price at whatever the fuck you want for all sellers". Intel has always had to take AMDs prices (which they set independently) into account.
>links
yes, they've dumbed down the language for retards like you who think monopoly means "bad thing". Alternatively they're talking about the actual monopolies of certain specific technologies Intel has patents on

>that's just the thumbnail
If I read a buzzfeed tier title, I'm not reading the article, If I see a buzzfeed tier thumbnail, i'm not watching the video.
>prove that Intel was never considered a monopoly
There's always been other companies selling similar products
>a non here has proved otherwise
see

>thread topic is AMD and its shill fanboys
>thread is flooded by shill fanboys throwing shit at Intel
POTTERY

>dumbed down the language for retards like you who think monopoly means "bad thing
>ftc-intel-abuses-its-monopoly-power-violation-federal-law
top kek one of those is an FTC charge that intel lost.
Again you don't have to have 100% control to have a monopoly. MS never had 100% control and their company has gotten fined under anti monopoly and trust laws as well has having the company almost spit up to break their monopoly.
You are thinking of the term complete monopoly which isn't the same as a monopoly. A complete monopoly doesn't really exist anymore in the age globalization, but monopolies do.

>retards like you who think monopoly means "bad thing"
We're dealing with a grade A retard here.

>thread topic is accusing AMD of only staying afloat due to "fanboys and shills"
>HURR DURR UR ALL FANBOYS AND SHILLS

>Alternatively they're talking about the actual monopolies of certain specific technologies Intel has patents on

Monopolies are bad, but that's not the definition of the word retard

t. Intel employee

OPs pic clearly shows AMD has more shills

Ryzen is Intel's Pearl Harbor

AMD awakened the sleeping giant

Skylake-X is Bataan Death March

Coffee Lake will be their Miday

Cannon Lake will be Iwo Jima

lel

>amd plebbit mods are literally amd marketing people
let that sink in
also amdfags are notoriously the most rabid and buttblasted fanboys in the tech world

>We know AMD was near bankruptcy in 2014-2016

No, we don't.

see

SOPA DE MACACO

Coffee could be good but not being compatible with Z170 and Z270 really hurts it. It's literally a one and done platform, you can't upgrade to Coffee Lake and Coffee Lake can't be upgraded to Tigerlake or Icelake.

AMD is a smaller company taking on two much bigger rivals at the same time. They're constantly under attack online by an army of shills and trolls, mostly retards who are only concerned about gaming performance.

I've been with AMD on all my desktop, save for this one Celeron(was bought for me, I didn't pick) in between my K5(my first PC) and Athlon XP, which was the first one I ever built. I went to Athlon 64, then Phenom II, and finally Ryzen. The wait to Ryzen was painful, because I wanted to believe in AMD, but they kept releasing pointless CPUs one after another.

>They're constantly under attack online by an army of shills and trolls
Sorry but the numbers clearly show that you're wrong
>retards who are only concerned about gaming performance
so wanting to get the best value for your money makes you a retard?

atleast amd didnt shove 6b $ up dells ass so they dont sell intel products

i go where the best price/performance is , and it has been amd for most of the time until bulldozer hit , now im on a ryzen and its nice , got 2 furys for cheap before the mining craze happend so i can play my games in 4k (Most of em) and its a blast

intel has just been low core counts and low ipc improvements for so long , no wonder Ryzen and Threadripper are biting there ass now , better stop bribing and start developing something good
oh and using tim on a 180w chip ? fucking hilarious

Go on any comment section, forum, disqus, whatever. You'll find at least one or two hardcore shills that constantly shit on AMD regardless of topic and they never go away. Literally shit all over every conversation.

Gamers are the only people who supported AMD though. Content creators and hipsters bought Macbooks which have Intel, businessmen and Sup Forumstards bought Thinkpads which have Intel, and people who need workstation GPU's mostly bought Quadros instead of FirePros. Normies bought Intel laptops with Core 2 Duos while gamers and DIY enthusiasts were buying Phenoms. AMD's only hardcore fans really are gamers, which is why it's so hypocritical that Sup Forums whines about gamers all the time.

1. Just look at this thread retard. How many amd shills vs intel shills are there?
2. Most people who shit on AMD do it because you guys get so triggered, because you're so emotionally involved with a company. If you shit on Intel nobody cares, so it's not fun.
3. Half the stuff you think is "shitting on AMD" are legitimate complaints like "I don't want a GPU that draws 350W"

#REKT

1. 2. AMD is the last chance for x86 market to have any sort of progress in the past fucking decade.
3. You come up with stupid shit like "lol 400 watts" when that was Gamersnexus OCing the shit out of it on watercooling

After listening to this Scott read articles, court documents and internal emails, i don't care if they had a true "monopoly" or not, in fact I don't care if intel becomes price competitive. They're entire history is is filled with trying to shutdown competition is the most sleazy backhanded ways, possible while stifling innovation, and it's not just AMD as they went after Nvidia. To be honest i don't think I could buy a Intel product again.

oy vey

>Intel plays dirty like crazy
>NVidia isn't a saint either

And then retards wonder why AMD fans are on the defensive all the time. Both their much larger competition are basically scumbags.

You're pretty much implying that the people who buy the machines with intel processors are "fans". They're not. They're just buying shit for convenience. You think the mactard cares about the intel chip inside? Businesses only want stability and security which the thinkpad offered but it's not necessarily because of the intel chip inside. Sup Forumstards don't really care about it being an intel chip since the merits of the thinkpad don't lie in it being an intel-based laptop. Normies don't care about the core 2 duos either, they just want a computer that works and is cheap. As for the Quadros, a lot of the big companies using them stay on the Quadros since the Firepros barely offer any advantage and switching over would be too much of a hassle that won't have an acceptable return on investment.

>And then retards wonder why AMD fans are on the defensive all the time.

>1.
I asked you to count
>2.
what does that have to do with point 2?
>3.
Thanks for proving that I'm right. You consider basic facts "shilling". You are just another fanboy

>27.4 tflops
freedom ain't free

>and it's not just AMD as they went after Nvidia.
I don't get why people associate Intel and Nvidia, Intel shut down Nvidia's x86 chipsets and then refused to license x86 to them, forcing them to turn to ARM. Now Nvidia puts a ton of money into ARM and GPGPU so they can get back at Intel. Also leather jacket man likes AMD's CPU division since he used to work there.

Fanboy =/= shills

verb
3rd person present: shills

act or WORK as a shill.

>intel fanboys = shills
>amd fanboys = defenders of the last hope of computer hardware

actually i would consider people who bought AMD at least in the early to mid 2000s to be people who where into tech. This is the time when Intel was paying billions to OEMs not use Intel, so you didn't see any prebuilts with them. But anyone who was looking at benchmarks at the time new that everything AMD had was outperforming everything Intel had and it was a no brainier.

When you're a paranoid conspiritard AMD fanboy, all you see is AMD vs the enemy

I think it has to do with the resent "driver" update that made the Titian 3x faster

Kill yourself.

Waste of time even trying to reply to you because you've got it cemented in your head that "AMD sux lol" and "AMD only has fanboys".

you first, retard