Are Americans proud of their big rivers?

Are Americans proud of their big rivers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DUsVZ-gF0GA
youtube.com/watch?v=MIdUSqsz0Io
youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s
youtube.com/watch?v=20ZffI6by3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for you

Yeah, I suppose. Where are you going with this?

I live 10 miles south of the Red river and I can tell you for a fact that it's not anywhere as big as any of the others on that map.

not really "proud", but some geopolitical thinkers say that it is important.

youtube.com/watch?v=DUsVZ-gF0GA

very proud

If rivers are so great, why is the middle of America so weak? It's not as important as either coast in terms of economic or political power.

Yes, I live on one, but not as big as those rivers.

We're too busy growing all your food.

The inland agricultural cities tend to be poorer than the port cities since the goods from inland travel to world through that port city

East Coast's food. The West Coast gets its food from California's Central Valley, and Mexico.

You can have your corn soda and corn fast food back.

Why would anyone be proud of a river?

I can see why people would perhaps be inclined to be proud of being from a place next to a river, but the river itself?

>why is the middle of America so weak?
In-lands, unless they're really densely populated regions are rarely any good for commerce. You can't get a region rich off of farming.

t. Future province of Texas

Yes

It's a huge bitch when they flood though

It is the agricultural base that keeps the US's urban centers well fed. Without it, the US would depend on food imports, and be vulnerable to blockade. The US can focus on attack, and worry less about defending supply lines.

Navigable river farmlands are also able to ship their food away from themselves, which is important. Countries like India are very fertile, and grow lots of food, but they can't move it easily with rivers. Therefore, they end up with huge populations of poor farmers growing and eating their own food that is harder to sell to non-rural areas.

Rural areas where people do physical labor and aren't over-educated also make up a disproportionate amount of US troops. The US military members, and military leadership, are usually from rural areas, and have rural values. So rural America contributes a lot to US power.

>Why would anyone be proud of a river?

Why would anyone be proud of a fjord? It's not like they had any part in making it. It was there before they even showed up.

>Are Americans proud of their big rivers?

not proud of it, so much as spoiled by it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MIdUSqsz0Io

>why is the middle of America so weak?
the middle of america has juggalos vs the coasts' hippies and furries. who is weaker here?

d-did he just call Obama a monkey?

(1:55)

Thanks Mississississississippi for making Murrican state borders less ugly squares.

>so if doesn't matter if we elect a monkey, or, based on your personal preferences, another monkey...
I think he's calling all politicians "monkeys", not just black politicians.

>no red state

Mississippi is a big river

If you want to know what the US would be like without our rivers look at Australia.

>Arkansas River
>Arkansans pronounce it R-Kansaw River
>Kansans call it R-Kansas River to make them mad

>you're a big river

friendly reminder everything south of the red river is rightful mexican clay

It just keeps going and going

Constantly moving, too. The current mouth of the river/ delta is around only because a series of floodgates regulate the river's flow. The Mississippi would have merged with the Atchafalaya river by now and destroyed a ton of petro/chemical industries reliant on the river for transportation

>captcha asking me for rivers

coastal america is a shithole
both coasts

"""""""""""""big"""""""""""""

Yeah, got some personal faves, just from reading books and/or seeing in person and getting a good vibe:
1) Susquehanna - flat and wide
2) Canadian - Commanche country
3) Colorado/Green - Most beautiful and deadly river in America
4) Owyhee - Bet you never heard of this bad ass
5) Little Pee Dee - I just like the name

The story of Tom Sayer doesn't exist for nothing bro.

Mississippi's alligators still remembers this bitch ass white boy backed up by this old nigga called uncled tom

they made a killing out there
steamboats were afraid to cross their territories

REMEMBER

THE

ALAMO

>this old nigga called uncled tom
His name was literally Nigger Jim.

Not many above ground rivers in my part of the country. It's really nice to visit areas with them. I guess I like them. The Mississippi is really important to our history.

youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s

that's really good. why is modern stuff such garbage? what ruined black music?

this
uncle tom was that carpetbagger woman's book, uncle tom's cabin
but wasnt nigger jim with huckleberry finn or whatever?

The Missouri! :D

california only grows nuts and berries and luxury foods.

Don't forget about the Potomac river and the Chesapeake Bay. If the potomac river headwaters were more fordable, Washington DC might have become more of an industrial area than just the formal capital

That's okay, OP, I know Britain doesn't have big rivers, but they are average sized. You don't have to be ashamed. Most boats don't need big rivers to navigate anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=20ZffI6by3A

Yes

>tfw most of your rivers are dry

Friendly reminder not to take naps in the afternoon like a bunch of idiots.

Friendly reminder Mexico belongs to Spain

>already taking it back