Audio Valves

Yo, I have been given a chinese headphone amp, the valve in it has a good top end but the base sucks. It says it's an PCC85 but i doubt it really is. I don't know much about values so what can I replace it with for better sound?

Thanks Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

electronics-diy.com/class-a-12au7-tube-headphone-amplifier.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

9aq8

serbian HM6

>Using an amp that changes the sound

Kys, pleb

This

Also tube amps are the worst meme. Solid state amps can recreate the sound but specifically don't because it's fucking garbage

better sound meaning the bass isnt taking a shit.

It was free though so worth a shot.

There is more to it than changing the tube. Without a schematic of the amp, theres literally no way to help you.

totally not going to happen on tubes. That's a VHF tube designed for TV's and rf applications. no wonder it sounds like shit.

>>>
so could i replace the tube?

Ask headfi. Sup Forums is full of poorfags who don't have money to spend on audio

you will have to Google it, no one knows 100s of tubes, and their replacements off the top of our heads. It's old and rareish anyway.

>calls it a valve
>doesn't actually contain a valve

rate my self made headphone amp

don't mind the dust

trying to compensate for something with that knob?

>being this ignorant
let me see some gutz

lol
it's self made, it kinda fit the potentiometer without having to cut it, that's why it's big

veroboard because it's easier and basically yields the same result
can't show much more since it's pretty compact, as you can see the case is not huge

I wanna make one now

I'd give you my schematics if they were not long gone :(
But you can find simple tube amp schematics like this online, and making one probably won't cost that much either. For me it was about $150, but I bought the best of everything, like $2 resistors instead of $0.10 ones and don't get me started on the caps.
Honestly you could probably make this for less than $50 if you have some of the basic things like wires and tools already

electronics-diy.com/class-a-12au7-tube-headphone-amplifier.php
this should be very similar to what I have, uses the same tube and other components appear to be similar

>electronics-diy.com/class-a-12au7-tube-headphone-amplifier.php
awesome man thanks

If you end up making it email me some pics at [email protected]
id love to see it

posted this elsewhere but haven't gotten a reply so im going to try here.

My old sony amp worked fine, but after I moved and set it up it outputs at a very low volume. I didnt drop it and its outputting low volume both through the speakers and headphones and both with my ipod through aux and record player through phono. Any ideas?

W A R M T H

3/3 because wires

Reported to the FBI. You're not fulling anyone, Abu Hajar.

Serbian?