Bravo Google

We eliminated the 3.5mm jack so we can add more.chin

Other urls found in this thread:

usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Google killing the headphone jack

Good, get that shit out of here. It's time for digital to take over.

looks more like a prototype of the original pixel

However, looks like shit.

ffs I don't need all that .chin. god i hate technology so much

Hi there.

BIG
FAT
CHIN
pixelfags are fucking delusional

>google in charge of consumer hardware

What the fuck is .chin

Large bezels senpai

people only buy pixlel for pure android
now nokia and lenovo switch to pure android who would buy these overpriced ''''''''''''''''phones''''''''''''''''?

you fucking idiot

>Google thinks they are a premium phone manufacturer with their fragmented ecosystem and sub-2 year support

AHAHAHAHAHAH

What happened

Apple was right

>hey guys we got all this bezel room, should we put the fingerprint sensor there to make use of the space? Maybe even put some capacitive buttons too, we could free up screen real estate
>NAH FUCK THAT FINGERPRINT SENSOR ON THE BACK, ON SCREEN BUTTONS, NO CAPACITIVE BUTTONS, NO BIGGER SCREEN, CHIN BEZEL IS THE FUTURE
Google is retarded.

Now this pretty much confirms the bezel is the home of a dedicated botnet module

>smooth sine waves are best represented by finite binary samples

okay, I guess you really really like square wave music.

Fuck you

I hope this is b8

they are very accurately represented with 128 levels of quantization
>implying old shitty tubes do a better job than modern ICs
wew lad

actually they didn't add more. size stayed the same, but the corner look less curved, so the screen to face ratio might have decreased a bit.

Looks like shit

>It's time for digital to take over.

What's digital about any headphones or earphones?

You... realize sound has to be converted to analogical, right? Preferably on an expensive device and not on some chink headphones.

wat...

I have never seen a digital speaker or headphones.

Non-sequitur.
The argument is about analog vs digital.

T H I C C

you've never seen headphones that connect through USB? Is it warm under that rock?

In the wild? No. But 3.5 jacks are everywhere

You get that like...fucking sound is analog right?

You dense motherfucker.jpg

If you can hear a sound, that sound is analogue.

All you're doing is removing the DAC from the phone and transferring it to another device, there is no evolution here.

Oh lol ty

Mark my words, this is a move to put drm in headphones.

How the fuck am I along with a shit load of people supposed to use our smartphones for square reader??? fuck if im getting a phone without one. not paying an extra percent + .15 per transaction

But i like 3.5mm jacks. They are so useful and reliable. You can't really tell the difference between analogue and digital inputs anyway.

No bigger than an iShit

amirite

Fixed it. Fingerprint scanners are a bad meme

Atleast there isn't no curved edge meme and the screen has square corners. Never bought into this edge screen shit and rounded corners

>fast
>simple
>secure

I'm never buying a phone without one again.

You will, however.

Still didn't fix those gigantic bezels, no 3.5mm, and that ugly back.
>secure
lol. And you know what's even faster, simpler, and more secure? No lock screen and stop leaving your phone everywhere.

Its about as secure as not having a password, and in clapistan the constitution does not protect you from being forced to disclose your fingerprint.

Until ultrasonic fingerprint scanners can hide the fucking things they're going to be a trashy design stain on every phone that has one.

>giving your fingerprints to the botnet

What's the actual reason for the death of the 3.5mm jack Sup Forums? It's extra functionality that's vital for a huge number of people and gives you more room for battery if nothing else. Why the fuck do phones need to be so thin?

>Get rid of headphone jack
>Still massive top and bottom bezels
>Mocked Apple a year ago for removing the headphone jack
>Still uglier design than Samsung or Apple

I hope this phone fails horribly so they learn their lesson. Literally the only thing it has going for it is stock android, which anybody can root and get on a better phone.

The real reason is an attempt to close the analog hole, everything is going to be DRM'd up to the tits soon.

There isn't anything stopping you from hooking up to a bluetooth interface with analog outputs, also there are a million other ways to pirate shit that don't involve ripping analog audio from a phone.
Most of the reason they got rid of it was because apple did it and its somewhat cheaper

This is the non-XL which was always supposed to be based on the 1st gen regular Pixel. The XL will be a completely different design.

Make the phone smaller so they don't have to pay for bigger batteries.

Also it isn't dead, apple always does shit like this all the time and nobody buys google's phones. Unless samsung gets rid of it, it is a meme.

Pretty funny when the chinks make better phones than Google now and even support them longer.

More and more Android makers are following suit on their flagships, won't be long until there are no flagship options for 3.5 users. Moto hasn't had it since the first Z-line, HTC of all companies dropped it despite having such a hard on for good audio performance (and then put in a non-standard implantation of USB-C audio so only their accessories work properly), and small companies such as Xiaomi don't have it on half their line-up. You're right though it's not going to be a serious problem/trend until Samsung drops it. I guess at least budget phones still have it, along with micro-SD support, removable batteries, and their cameras are actually decent theses days so maybe buying a new budget phone each year after a new version of Android drops could become a thing for me.

This "chin" seems like a good place for sceen abrasive paricles to collect, on the screen.

Overrated post

>not using USB-OTG card readers

>There isn't anything stopping you from hooking up to a bluetooth interface with analog outputs
Give them a minute to catch their breath. They're not as young as they used to be.

>implying Google won't fuck it up somehow

Literally removing a basic component from the phone and creating a problem where every single accessory has to have that basic component

Instead of paying for a DAC once in your phone, you are paying for a DAC in every single audio accessory. This also makes the jack or headphones more bulky because the chipset isn't in the phone.

If you're fucking retarded you want the jack to die and you're probably an Apple user basically "feed" for (((them))). Or you never use headphones.

How the hell did this world become so backwards that the budget phones are better than the flagships?

usually the thing with cheap phones is that they use some mediatek cpu and you cant install custom roms on those because the bootloader is locked.

Yes, I for one love watching videos with an audio lag. Bluetooth devices for everyone.

Do Nokia and Lenovo also get the newest Android updates though?

Samsung is the flagship Android device. Fuck pixel. Google can't make hardware. Pixel was nothing special and the Pixel 2 is garbage.

>Make an ad mocking apples missing 3.5 jack
>Make the next pixel without a 3.5mm jack

Yes. Unless you're buying a budget device (in which case, pixel doesn't appeal to you) or your phone is like 3-4+ years old.

The real reason for the 3.5mm death is because Apple and Google hire visa engingeers who are too retarded to make a waterproof phone without removing the jack.

Samsung apparently has the brightest engineers, because my S8 is thin as fuck, and I did that shit in every liquid

So now we have Google trying to actively kill:
>SD card slots
>removable batteries
RIP
>headphone jacks

What will they come for next and why are they the consumers enemy?

You missed
>long term software support

After seeing how they fucked over my nexus 4 and the complete dogshit show their later phones were, I will never buy a Google phone again.

Apple.
They're the most successful company in human history and makes money despite it, so then can everyone else.

best usb-c headphones?

I was talking about phones in the $300 range, those usually have Qualcomm internals. Hell even the Moto E4 plus has an SD425 at $170.

There's almost none on the market and there's no established standard for usb audio that all manufacturers are following so it would be hard to make headphones that are guaranteed to work properly on everything. If only there was another way.....

Wait till a couple of Jamal's take that phone from you forcefully and you'll be wishing you had a pass.

>There's almost none on the market
There are plenty. None of them are nearly audiophile-quality though.
>no established standard for usb audio
Bullshit
usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/
>that all manufacturers are following
When, 2006? Even low-end pro audio interfaces are class compliant for basic audio data transfer, occasionally with some odd mixer shit.

I sure like them square pressure waves on my ears.

JUST

plug that analog hole eh?

>and in clapistan the constitution does not protect you from being forced to disclose your fingerprint.

Only a problem if you are someone with prior convictions and have your fingerprints in the national data base. Not everyone is afraid of the cops Jamal.

>implying the system might not decide to subvert you in any number of ways just because of your politics and/or because it can
The only people not afraid of the cops are people who own property.

>3.5 mm has lasted since time immemorial
>Let's replace it with a soon-to-be-deprecated and replaced digital meme that is 1.) proprietary, 2.) more complex, and 3.) offers no improvement to the listening experience

You seriously want to cuck headphone designers to Apple or Google?

This
It's digitals time to rule
#I'mwithBlue

Yes! pollute the EM Waves with your shitty music! MORE NOISE!

where be home button?

>google, htc, apple, motorola create vacuum in smartphone market
>lg releasing quad dac v30 in a month
tfw

It's outdated tech
Apple innovates onscreen button this time

I feel like this shitty phone is on purpose. Some kind of experiment by Google desu.

This is no doubt designed by pajeets

>Bluetooth
>Upgrade

>doesn't want to wear cool ear jewelry all the time