/ptg/ - Private Tracker General - PG thread

Previous thread →

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.
>THIS THREAD IS PG

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/893543168016347136
twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/893545514330980352
github.com/svbnet/Athame
redacted.ch/forums.php?page=3&action=viewthread&threadid=6646
junodownload.com/all/eight-weeks/releases/
passthepopcorn.me/register.php
youtube.com/watch?v=aUJTC8GsK2Q
animebytes.tv/user.php?id=23520
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't ever reply to me again.

PG 13? Nice!

hop in we're going to REDdit!

>infiltrated at every level
>IP logs in the hands of the authorities
>shutdown imminent

fifth for kyle

"Major announcement coming up! Sad day for PTP."

>Major announcement coming up! Sad day for PTP.

Nothing lasts forever.

It's a sentiment we're taught from an early age, a maxim that grows to becomes a belief, a belief many times proven to be fact.

Change is never-ending, the world does not stop, life does not stop, and change comes for us all. It is with a feeling of joy, a great amount of pride, and a greater sense of sadness that we, Unclesalty and Voltaire, announce our retirement.

While all things change, not all changes are for the worst. In the years that we've been fortunate enough to steward PTP, we've overseen a multitude of positive changes. We've been amazed to watch how the community has grown, and awed by how the community has evolved. We've seen everyone band together to drastically improve retention, and we've implemented policies that have set a standard for quality control while finding a balance with inclusivity and availability of rare films. We've learned hard lessons, and passed those lessons on to an amazing group of staff members, a group who are among the most professional currently working in the torrent community. Above all else, we've seen the unbridled determination of our community, from the newest members to the most grizzled legends, and how their tenacity has built the largest digital archive of film this world has ever known. PTP's archive holds 8 times as many movies as Amazon Prime, and a staggering 32 times more than Netflix. The world may never know a larger and more accessible archive.

A Farewell from Salty & Volty

twitter.com/PTPStatus/status/893545514330980352
F

We're not closing or anything like that. Site's doing very well. Don't be alarmed by our sense for the dramatic.
>:-)
>no :^)
wtf

But this site is more than just an archive. Over and over again we've been inspired by how the staff and community have come together to bring this site back from the brink of extinction. We've weathered some of the most brutal attacks the tracker world has ever seen, in many cases the first of their kind, and watched some truly miraculous things transpire. Throughout all the struggles, all the times PTP came close to death, we never lost sight of the deep and passionate love that this community holds for PTP. You guys are simply incredible. We want you to know that, and to know that you are what kept us fighting, you are why the doors never shuttered for good.

We spent years pouring our hearts into this place, working 80+ hour weeks when needed. While PTP has thrived and grown, our own lives have grown along side it. Our jobs have grown into intensive careers, our relationships have grown to become families with children of our own, and the demands on our time have inevitably shifted focus. While we still love this place to death, we can no longer make the commitments that PTP requires, and deserves. So, it is time to hand the reigns over to those who can.

We have worked closely with all of our staff to develop teams and to cultivate leaders within those teams. Alamak, Doubt, Forseti, Nuked, Meadow, and Machenic will work together with paperk to guide and nurture the site from here on out. They are more capable, and far better equipped, to handle whatever the comes their way than we ever were. They have our every confidence, and with all of you behind them, there's no end to what they can accomplish.

Farewell PTP. We leave you with the hope that our time here has left an impact on your lives. And with the knowledge that this experience has completely changed our lives, and that in fact, is something that will last forever.

>Alamak, Doubt, Forseti, Nuked, Meadow, and Machenic
literally who?

PTP is not closing down. That is not what is implied by the tweet.

Gonna reply with the magic of PG approved love.

>no featured torrent on KG for over a month

Because it is not PG Approved.

some nerd staff member no one cares about is probably leaving. they might as well delete that twitter account. all it does is attract attention.

You shouldn't call people nerds, it's not PG

When the fuck will PTP reopen recruitment?

>We spent years pouring our hearts into this place, working 80+ hour weeks when needed.

open regs on ptp right now

DELETE THIS

Hey /ptg/ I think you are faggots but since I just made ETM fuck it I will let you faggots know how to get buffer on RED for free.

Basically Tidal rips are allowed. Just use this program.

github.com/svbnet/Athame

Oh but user you are gonna get my account banned. Nope faggot it is legal.

redacted.ch/forums.php?page=3&action=viewthread&threadid=6646

But what do I download user.

That is easy 2017 albums. Go look at this website and see what albums are dropping. Protip download long albums to save your self some time. Try completion packs for all that buff.

junodownload.com/all/eight-weeks/releases/

Oh,

REMEMBER TO CHECK THE SPECTROS ON WHAT YOU RIP BECAUSE SOME OF THE SONGS ON TIDAL ARE NOT LOSSLESS.

>inb4 delete this

Nope it is too late

did they update the user details page? you can see how many new users there were each month by hovering over the graph.

>26 this year

get them while they are hot

passthepopcorn.me/register.php

Hey guys, what's the best FTP client?

FUCKING DELETE THIS NOW

WinSCP! :D

FTP4Retards

Wow I guess BTN/HDB/PTP really is the top of the cabal. There's nothing in their invite forums worth having that I don't already have.

paperk is retiring a sysop.

>another day
>another day without an invite to the KG

Holy shit, Voltaire retired from PTP, lol.
Too bad, he was one the good ones.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO UNCLEFAGGOT THO, WHAT A CUNT HE WAS!

Is there any valid reason as to why they've shut everything down apart from "muh WCD"

>another day
>another day without an invite to the KG

go be an ironic weeb somewhere else

imo ptp has gotten a lot better since they closed down.

Well, they are over their current user capacity. But they could simply raise the user cap to something like 40k.

no

I miss the old /ptg/

hello kyle!

lftp

just signed up on ptp holy shit

Is it acceptable to download 1080p rips on PTP and reencode to 720p and upload to fill a request?

How did you get in?

Yes, go for it.

Yes, it's fine, that's how everyone does it.

'00s fetus detected

yep

what's in MAM's invite forum? new to private trackers here

They have official TehC invites.

pictures of ur mom's hairy asshole

Not a single hecking thing

DELETE THIS

6 month requirement just FYI

Your web browser

>when I finally get an invite to karargraga
youtube.com/watch?v=aUJTC8GsK2Q

Best are TehConnection and MTV, solid mid-tier movie/tv trackers. Rest are random pickings, comics, couple ratioless low traffic sites, apollo.

PTP IS CLOSED

Good!

Jesus Christ! Apollo is fucking garbage!

Apollo is the best there is, neonboi.

Always knew the neon spammer was Apollo staff

t. d****o***u

Bet u'd like this BIG INDIAN COCK, neonboI!?

oh look more apollo curry posting
totally not shitting up the gen

Don't you dare start posting anime, animenigger.

so what is a better mid tier tracker for tv than mtv?

didn't we talk about this, kyle? stop trying too hard. now go to the gym or something. good boy

holy shit, insane anime spammer = kyle

At last I truly see

my name isn't kyle

animebytes.tv/user.php?id=23520

I visited this link now all my anime is in 144p??

Just download the 1080p rip

WTF IT WONT LET ME

Don't listen to the other retards. 1080p to 720p isn't acceptable. You need a RAW.

For downloading single files on shitty connections (hard to saturate bandwidth), BitKinex.
For good connections, doesn't matter.

>Release Date: 07/11/2010

oh boy

And yet nothing modern can saturate my bandwidth nearly as well as that abandonware.

>publicly posting the homepage announcements
>naming specific staff members
all you had to say was "staff members retire - site still okay"

this is why they hate you - only apooloo tolerates these kind of leaks

dude there are already 4,000+ too many people on the site

correct - no transcodes whatsoever

please /part

why?

you /part/ and get marked.

short bus to REDtarded young man?

Hello good peoples of the /ptg/. Can anyone quickly check if RED or APL has The Disco Biscuits? That would be domo appreciated. Thank you good sirs!

Not on RED

>cabal
Funny way to spell botnet

Hello
Henlo you stinky Monomi
Go be Monokuma's slave ugly

Month 7 waiting on my DB9 inv

are you ok, kyle? is there anyone I can call?

both have them

prove it

nice try, snitch

Nice lie. Attention whore

Holy shit, I finished this tonight. Go play it.