How common is it in your country to see people hanging their national flag from their houses?

How common is it in your country to see people hanging their national flag from their houses?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Acadia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it only happens near May 15th and international football events

the flag days are strictly followed so only on those days. other days you can flag vimpel, this you can do every day (pic related)

>other nations don't have their citizens claim their country's land
How else are you supposed to let other countries know the land is claimed?

Only during international sports events including the Euros, the world cup, the six nations. Also when germany plays football against us and loses after winning the world cup

its technically illegal here (not even memeing). the laws not really enforced tho so you see it during international football and when people graduate.

>showing admiration for your country is illegal

Very

Most neighbourhoods have at least 1 house with a flag.

There used to be a house a couple blocks away that had a Chilean flag, which was kind of odd.

Saw a German flag on a guy's car, the other day. Probably because of Soccer.

For some reason many Euros can't tell the difference between patriotism, and nationalism.

For some reason many Americans can't tell the difference between patriotism, and nationalism.

>For some reason
i wonder, i wonder...

Both are very silly desu

Only on flag days really, I think it's already because the flag is supposed to be special and not something you punt on bikinis and t-shirts

Telling me you aren't proud of your country? Tell me that you have no fond feelings for your countries history?

Maybe what they say about you is indeed true.
Sad really, you Swedes have such a neat history.

Jump off a bridge f a m

I'm from Northern Ireland. Take a wild guess.

Americans are annoying fuck like cool lad you love your country but could shut up a bit litterally every fucking day screaming like a kid with a new toy. Insufferable

Israelis like the flag.
Especially around our Independence Day when you see Israeli flags on literally every building, house, road and even cars.

tho I have yet to seen any israel flag patterned bikini or lingerie.

>not plastering your communities with these

No house has an Icelandic flag on it, however it is common to see it on cars and on flagpoles, which quite a few people have in their gardens

We have to be twice as patriotic to make up for you limp wristed bastards.

>I'm from Northern Ireland
I am so verry sorry

it's very common in Denmark maybe more so than the US I'd wager

Why does you French have a star?

And why the red and blue?

I can tell. And we used to waive our flags. Were already pretty close to these times again with Mergel dominating EU.

Acadian flag

thanks mate
have an irish passport, so i plan on getting out of here as soon as possible. switzerland or denmark are the goal

>être un Acachien non-ironiquement
dégueu pêh

Most neighbourhoods will have one house with a flag pole flying an Aussie flag. It's also everywhere on beach towels, thongs, boardies, utes etc

Do you know German or Danish?

Once again Denmark proves they are one of the few sane European nations.

Star is for Mary

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Acadia

Every single house, even hanging off telephone poles, at least 2 flags for every person.

Before 9/11 I don't remember seeing even one.

Pretty common. Even flags aside, the Maple Leaf is such a brandable symbol it's on fuckin everything. Literally everyone has something with a Maple Leaf/Canadian flag on it

I just got a flagpole installed a few months ago after my neighbour got one and I got jealous. I alternate between the National, Provincial, and Royal Flag.

>after my neighbour got one and I got jealous
you're the worst fucking type of person

jealous people are so fucking insufferable

True bro. It's so saddening to see how little pride other Europeans take in their nations

They were common but it really increased after 9/11

They are indeed one of the better Yuro countries

My town already does. They're fucking everywhere.

>Acadians still exist
Well butter me up and call me a biscuit

Patriotism is fine Germany.
Just please don't cross the line.
Not again.

Culturally they're dying, at least here in the states. We assimilated them a bit too hard.

I'm learnt a fair bit of German a few years back, but I'll see how my plans go before I commit.

ngl you sound a lot more insufferable than him

You say that like it is a bad thing

I see might see a flag or two normally but I don't see a LOT of them until Independence Day or some other such important day.

>Royal Flag

Do you mean the Union Jack or royal standards? You shouldn't be flying royal standards.

so your a germon speaking irish lad that wants to migrate to the mountainjews.
i can tell you - people dont like germon-speakers over there. better speak english. even with youre irish accent.

I just like French more than English is all. Otherwise they're just Americans with leur langue maternelle comme français.

There are plenty in New Brunswick. PEI and Nova Scotia also have some communities.

>I just like the French more than the English is all

How is liking one language more than another fedora? How has the idea of being fedora become that debased?

Union Jack.

I do own the Royal Standard though, but I know not to fly it.

I flew it on the Queen's Birthday though, that was it.

>Canadian flag
60%
>American flag
5% of homes and 95% if businesses. I live in a border town and most businesses want American shoppers to feel welcome, names like "CanAm" are common here, the reverse is true on tne U.S. side as well, maybe more so since the local U.S. economy relies entirely on Canadian shoppers.
>British Union Jack
35%
We are a loyalist province and many Brits retire here and many more Canadians show their loyalist roots -U.E.
>Old Canadian Red Ensigm
45%
Almost as common as contemporary Canadian flags if not as common. The old ways die hard here, culture is as common as money and teeth are uncommon t.bh
>Acadian flag
¿?% everyone up north in the French quater seems to have one, no worry, they are the descendants of loyalist French and are often bro-tier. The unloyal were shipped off to places like Louisiana where they became Cajuns years ago.
>Various flags like Scotland, Ireland, Wales, &c.
>5%
God save the Queen
Republicans, swamp fucking donkey Irish, and others need not apply. Go west wher you are considered actual people. Here one must be Protestant, Loyal, a Monarchist, Anglo, an old family, and a person of character, just to have a chance.

What? Thought about 70% of the population spoke Swiss-German

You live in America cuck you can move to France if you like French that much

Also in a border town, can confirm plenty of leaves are flown here.

Good lad

You can be proud of your country without pushing it in other peoples faces

That's a gorgeous red ensign
Fly it proudly
What province are you in based Canabro? I'm guessing New Brunswick (hope restored) or Ontario (loyal we were founded and loyal we shall remain).

What town

They don't like the German spoken in Germany. Germans are seen as leaches in Switzerland

>why can't I hold all these apples

I think I've only ever seen the Union Jack on businesses. St.George's cross is quite common on working class estates though.

That's Manitoba's flag my dude, I'd say he's probably in Manitoba.

Hm, fair enough. Would I be able to survive on english alone?

Manitoba m8. It's the Manitoban flag, which is imo the nicest looking Red Ensign.

The Prairies are very loyalist, despite the fact much of the population is of German and Slavic descent. I'm personally from a Ukrainian family but I'll call myself a Loyalist till the day I die

this
>They don't like the German spoken in Germany. Germans are seen as leaches in Switzerland
the swiss-germon is much different from the actual germon. and the mountainjews are not very happy about immigrants in general.

so maybe youd want to go to denmark or anywhere else. even germony would be fine for an irish lad.

Not sure I'm sure it would be fine in the center of bigger cities there

Easter?

>working class
>estates
wew

Border towns are best towns.
My town has a local legend
>1813
>War of 1812
>Brits give my town gunpowder to fight U.S. side
>my town takes a vote
200 years later. Both sides are essentially 1 tiwn, sgare fire services, sports teams, shopping, etc. Every August the border is closed for commemorative 'international festival"
>We show our centuries old bonds, drink and hang out, party, mayors shake hands 9n border line, parade narches through both sides, beer tents on both sides, etc .

God Save the Queen and the Dominion of Canada and God Bless America. Nowhere and never have 2 countries been so close and such friends.

I'm not following, it's a correct usage of the word.

Ukrainian immigrants tend to be pretty great

Just out of curiosity are there a lot of Ukrainian Catholics in Manitoba?

Noice

the actual working class here is all living in commie-blocks.

if you want to own an estate, you either need to inherit one or at least a lot of shekels or live anywhere behind the mountains where nobody wants to live like mecklenburg-vorpommern.

Sorry, didn't look close enough. Based Manitoba flag. T.bh we always kind of consider the Praries to be America lite. Had no idea there were loyalists there. Very glad to hear. In all honesty it's your hard work and resources that pay to keep our eastern provinces at a first world level (although our provinces used to support yours when cod were still abundant and people needed ice and eastern lumber)
It's really good to hear and see that some of the west at least still maintains actual Canadian culture

Oh yeah there is a fair amount. The prize church in my town is a Ukrainian Catholic church.

Despite getting btfo in the flag referendum, you still see a few people flying the silver fern lockwood flag from their horrendous retired-boomer beach-houses.

>Ukrainian immigrants tend to be pretty great
elaborate blease.
i got myself an ukrainian hoe as gf.

Recent poll shows the Prairies is the MOST loyalist part of the country.

The prairies are fairly conservative, so our support for the "old ways" isn't too surprising when you think about it.

Border towns are best towns.
My town has a local legend
>1813
>War of 1812
>Brits give my town gunpowder to fight U.S. side
>my town takes a vote
>decides to give gunpowder to U.S. side under condition that it be used so that both towns can enjoy an epic 4th of July fireworks
>200 years later. Both sides are essentially 1 town, share fire services, EMS, sports teams, shopping, etc. Every August the border is closed for commemorative "international festival"
>We show our centuries old bonds, drink and hang out, party, mayors shake hands on border line, parade marches through both sides, beer tents on both sides, etc .

God Save the Queen and the Dominion of Canada and God Bless America. Nowhere and never have 2 countries been so close and such friends.

(Fixed earlier typos sorry)

>getting btfo in the flag referendum
why though?
its looking much better than the actual shitty flag

Canada has a long history of Ukrainian immigrants, they played a large part in developing the West back when Canada would take anyone who promised to farm. To this day Ukrainian immigrants tend to be good at fitting in.

Nationalism, i.e. pride of one's own country, is retarded. Patriotism, i.e. love of one's own country, is not.

>To this day Ukrainian immigrants tend to be good at fitting in.

We fit in well until people have to figure out how to spell and say our last names lmao

Here in Quebec is pretty common, but of course, with our flag instead.

I know that the Praries are our last Conservative bastion. The Maritimes are very much socially Tory but fiscally liberal, and at the end of the day pocket books and purses win out in a poor region.
I actually had no idea loyalism or even Canadian culture and identity existed west of Québec. It is more than good to hear.
Keep up the good work based Prarie Provinces.

kys nigger

Too common, usually flown alongside the Royal Seal.

Almost every house looks like a mini-Thai embassy.

Vykhodtseva
My father eventually married a Ukranian. We visitex her homeland, spent 2 weks in Kiev and 2 weeks in Mariupol (now Donetsk Republic). Beautiful country, wonderful people.10/10 would go again and drink Khortytsa with. Ukranian diaspora in Canada are best diaspora in Canada desu.

if you want to argue semantics and enter an intelligence contest, go to pic related

>My father eventually married a Ukranian
how did he get to know her?
has she been in canada for a long time before they met?
how have youre fathers experiences been with her?
a good waifu?

Yeah going to Ukraine is on the top of my bucket list. Right now I'm young and broke so it's not much of an option unless I find someone to go with

One side of the family came from Ternopil Oblast (Near Lviv), and my other half of the family came from somewhere in the Carpathian mountain region, not quite sure exactly where

any more pics like this with other cunts?

I can see that to an objective third-party that could be the case.
A few reasons why there was a strong vote to keep existing flag-
1 - Flag referendum seen as a vanity project by our polarising/unpopular prime minister
2 - Silver Fern has for many become a cheap symbol of NZ 'exports' - sports, tourism, kiwiana. So it feels almost cheap and tacky.
3 - the design process, or lack thereof - you may have seen all the meme-flags. Literally anyone could submit anything, and the filtering process was a joke performed by an underqualified panel.
4 - people voted for existing flag for patriotic reasons. No matter how uninspiring our exisitng flag is, people have strong sentimental attachment to it

That's a russian surname kek.

Bыхoд/Vykhod means "Exit"
Bыхoдeц/Vykhodets - "Offspring" "Native (of)"

>people have strong sentimental attachment to it
where does it come from?

Where does the strong sentimental attachment come from? I dunno, just general patriotism "Our men died for that flag" kinda thing.

If you mean where the flag comes from - I dunno, drafted up by some British officer at some point I guess.

>"Our men died for that flag"
wat?
your talking about the kiwi-wars?