What are some cool things you could do with drones?

What are some cool things you could do with drones?
Hardmode: Legally

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=At3xcj-pTjg
youtube.com/watch?v=6Viwwetf0gU
twitter.com/TripleSixGod/status/893243149417578496
cnet.com/news/man-shoots-down-drone-hovering-over-house/
youtube.com/watch?v=ERr2gqqM4i8
youtube.com/watch?v=yQSh1MWIdVU
youtu.be/BLc74Qpvweg?t=68
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3D map your neighbourhood.

youtube.com/watch?v=At3xcj-pTjg

>cool

If any of you pricks fly these things over my house, I'm shooting it down.

and thats your right as an American.

If you do that, I'll fucking napalm your house for violating the NAP by destroying private property.

You violated the NAP by flying that over my private property, fag.

>throw in a window with a rock "you own"
>sue them for damaging your rock

Americans everyone

>flying over my private property
>over
If it was ON your private property, then sure. But OVER, that's not a violation of your rights.

I own the airspace over my house

See Then why don't you go shoot down some commercial airliners then?

I own the airspace to a certain height, if it's high enough that I can shoot it down it's too close.

he can choose who lives and who dies
he's not required to destroy anything that trespasses on his property

>if it's high enough that I can shoot it down it's too close.
That's not the limit, no. A bullet fired straight up from a 9mm Glock can go as high 4000 feet, which means that you could shoot down police and news choppers or airplanes taking off from or approaching an airport near your vicinity. A rifle shot would go a lot higher.

I'm pretty sure that if he "chooses" to fire his gun at a airplane, he would get arrested by the police, even if he isn't close to hitting.

but it's his property, the plane was trespassing
and if the cops try to arrest him then they're also violating his personal space

all the more reason to McNuke them

>if it's high enough that I can shoot it down it's too close.
What if I just happen to own a heatseeking LFK NG then? By your definition, any airplane is too close, as I'm able to shoot it down over my own property.

A commercial airplane isn't intentionally hovering over my house with a camera piloted by a nosy prick in his home or van nearby.

According to your image, killing Americans = good, jews = responsible for everything bad in the world, heavy metal = awesome music, paedophilia = okay, if you're married

?

what board is this again

This always happens when drones get talked about

>heatseeking
What if a heatseeking AA projectile launched at a plane over your property hits it after it's no longer over your property?

My drone is just passing over your property too, it isn't hovering.

Also, what if I sit in a van across your street with a camera and film your bedroom? I'm not on your property, so you can't do shit about that, can you? Now, what's the difference between that and a drone that's several hundred feet up in the air? Absolutely nothing.

You don't have the right to violate my privacy like that

I use my radar detection system to make sure to fire it when I observe the plane moving towards me, so that it's certain that it hits it directly over my property.

I'm not violating your privacy, I'm exercising my right to document the street you live in on video.

No you're not when your little drone is above my house, that's like saying I'm just admiring your sense of home decor by peering through your windows with binoculars.

That's because Americans have insane views regarding property rights.

Somehow, your neighbour putting up infrared cameras aimed at your house, that track your every motion even inside your house is okay, but the second the camera is airborne, then they're going to go pointy shooty pew pew berserk.

Get a bunch and start a food delivery service using flight routes that go over roads until they reach the destination to ensure they arent shot down by some redneck crying about privacy and the NAP (even if he's completely right)

>Somehow, your neighbour putting up infrared cameras aimed at your house, that track your every motion even inside your house is okay
That's never been okay

>No you're not when your little drone is above my house,
I was talking about sitting outside in a van and filming your house.

>hat's like saying I'm just admiring your sense of home decor by peering through your windows with binoculars.
That's your right to do, if you want to do that. You're not violating anyones rights by doing so, you're on your own property.

According to American law, it is, as long as it is on your own property. You can put up whatever cameras you want on your own property.

I'm certain not going to put up with a neighbor who thinks he can record every time I leave and enter my house

Well, it's a free country. Feel free to move somewhere else.

>I'm certain not going to put up with a neighbor who thinks he can record every time I leave and enter my house
And now you know how Terry's parents and neighbors feel about him filming everything and putting it online.

This nation used to allow a nosy neighbor to get his ass kicked for violating privacy

I think in the USA it's already not yours like 20m / 80ft ish above your house.

And I'm pretty sure it's more or less the same in most countries, they generally just reserved the right to fly choppers, planes or whatever wherever they like.

Link it wirelessly to a neural net and watch it learn to fly.

Alternatively:

Link it wirelessly to a neural net and watch it learn to name objects it encounters along its flight path.
Then review the tape and teach it by correcting it.

Eventually you'll be able to command it by sending a "Fetch ball" signal, and it will seek out a ball on its own and bring it to you.

My property rights trump your entitled sense of "right to privacy" user. Privacy means that you have the right to not be subject to government surveillance and a right to anonymity, for example when you vote. It does NOT mean that you have a right to dictate what I can and can not do on my property, just because you feel like you're being watched.

I have the right to film in public and on my own property. There's nothing you can do to stop me from doing that, except building a wall around your house.

Which is why I need a drone, so I can film over your wall (as long as I don't fly over your property).

I think you have a rosy view of your nation even when you think violence is good.

Pretty sure it always just depended on who was more popular with the jury later on.

An exact limit has never been established, but most operate with 500 feet.

>Which is why I need a drone, so I can film over your wall (as long as I don't fly over your property).
His property's air space definitely ends well below the range of a drone.

If the exact height is ever settled in court, I'm pretty sure it's not even going to be 150m up, but right now I think the only thing decided in the USA was flying a big plane under 20m wasn't necessarily okay. Heh.

>His property's air space definitely ends well below the range of a drone.
True too, so I can film from above as long as I'm high enough.

The problem is that I probably need infrared cameras though (in order to see what he is doing inside his own house), and they have limited range.

Some guy tied a hammock to a drone and went to town
twitter.com/TripleSixGod/status/893243149417578496

That's only the most conservative limit that would be pretty unthinkable to even touch.

But it'll be actually lower if they don't want to begin to touch a lot of flights. Which they won't, 'cause people with money and power want them to happen.

My guess is it'll be no further than 50m up in the end, if even that. Probably going to be like 20-25m in the end if even that 'cause Amazon wants to send its packages etc etc.

>3D mapping is uncool
>"It's just a prank bro!!!!" hammock and snowboarding shit is "cool"

I hate millennials

Why do Americans have to shoot everything?

Amazon had a drone delivery project in Europe, that went just fine. In the US however, they had to cancel it after rednecks started shooting them down and stealing the stuff.

cnet.com/news/man-shoots-down-drone-hovering-over-house/

A Canadian company made a "robot" that they called hitchbot, which hitchhiked through Canada. As soon as it crossed US borders, it was destroyed an its equipment was stolen.

Why can't Americans behave themselves?

youtube.com/watch?v=ERr2gqqM4i8

Unlike canada, we respect our rights.
>A Canadian company made a "robot" that they called hitchbot, which hitchhiked through Canada. As soon as it crossed US borders, it was destroyed an its equipment was stolen.
That robot was culturally enriched by jamals

Niggers, rednecks, same shit if you ask me. People here wouldn't hesitate shooting down drowns and stealing stuff either.

All Americans are jamals and tyrones.

>People here wouldn't hesitate shooting down drowns and stealing stuff either.
You don't have guns in europe or canada, wouldn't want to make your refugees feel unsafe now would you.

I'm Norwegian, and we roughly the same number of guns per capita as the US, actually.

We just don't destroy shit because we respect property.

>muh rapefugees
The US takes in a LOT more refugees than we do. Except for Sweden and Germany, the rest of Europe have pretty strict immigration. Italy, are forced to handle all the refugees by themselves, but the fucking spagetthi niggers are giving them free pass into Schengen.

We have enough guns and still we're getting along all right with about ~25% foreigners, not few of which are or were refugees.

It's always by some jamal or tyrone, the rednecks are very friendly if you're respectable.

Friendly, yes. But they're still thieving like jews in a jewellery shop when they get the chance.

With a drone with a long battery life and a camera feed, you could seek out fruit-bearing trees or bushes on public property in your vicinity and note them down for later harvest.
Maybe you could even make some sort of harvesting attachment for things like apples and pears?

Teach your dog to be led on a leash by the drone and use it to walk your dog when you don't feel like walking.

Strab a bomb or a knife on a small fast drone and tickle world leaders

Put a hook on it and give the CIA niggers a taste of true American freedom as they're scooped up and carried away into the sky, like they're in the talons of a mechanical, unfeeling eagle.

> Strab a bomb or a knife on a small fast drone and tickle world leaders
How would this have a positive result for anyone?

It makes some fun YouTube videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQSh1MWIdVU

you could always race, or freestyle- flying a drone doing tricks, kind of like skateboarding

>I own the airspace over my house
not in the land of the ""free"" you don't

Just cause you don't have interest in 3d mapping doesn't mean you would automatically wanna do the latter, I hate this generation and I also hate retards like you

>the rednecks are very friendly if you're respectable.

respectable and white you mean

This is a bad idea.
You would essentially be dropping a firebomb on your own property youtu.be/BLc74Qpvweg?t=68

Film late at night your qt neighbourgirls undressing for bed.
>Hardmode
I don't play on hard ever, too much effort and too little reward...

>What are some cool things you could do with drones?
Get cookies from grandma without going to see her.

Didn't the Supreme Court LITERALLY rule that pointing an infrared camera at someone's house to check for marijuana growing lights without a warrant counted as an "unreasonable search"?

Sup Forums - gay retards

>go out to shoot drone
>tfw it shoots back

Personal drone swarm.

you don't own 10 feet below your house, and you don't own 10 feet above your house either

Right now the primary limitations on mini UAV shenanigans are related to wireless bandwidth, frequency availability, and broadcast range.

What you really need to do anything cool is either onboard AI of strong intelligence or a network of short ranged signal repeaters across your intended area of operations. Or a combination of both.

Applications are more or less limitless. Some things that come to mind involve RL data-mining, various types of surveillance and market research, blah blah blah.

I wanted to build an automated security drone since they got popular. anyone done something like that already and documented it?

Not that I know of. One of the primary limitations of multicopters is their flight time. It is un-good. Bad. The longest flight times you can get with anything smaller than a bicycle wheel are about 20 minutes.

So to employ multicopters for persistent surveillance, you would need to have them constantly rotating. It's just not very efficient and serves no purpose.

There are backpack carried fixed-wing UAVs in service as short-range tactical surveillance. Pretty effective, or so I've read.

>Take down a helicopter
A 9mm luger round does have a max range of around 5900 but this would most likely not damage a helicopter or commercial airliner at all, especially if you are using exapnding ammo, which may fail to sufficiently penetrate it in the first place. Also chances are shooting at a helicopter with a pistol and actually hitting it are pretty low considering effective range. And even if you were 9mm out of a rifle you have to consider that a helicopter or airplane is moving quite fast this applies to rifle cartridges too. Anothing thing to consider is the size of the actual bullet itself is incredibly small compared to rhe actual aircraft and you have a small chance of actually hitting anything remotely critical.

Metal bb turret

>Adding some solar panels so the drone could fly to another continent after a month
>Using mobile networks and roaming or satellite signal to control it
>Launching a few dozen stinger missiles towards unsuspecting targets

pick blackberries.

if you ever want to find out just set a relay at 160m and shift up.

>Legally
fly within your own 4 walls and crash into your houseplants