Why the hate on iPhones Sup Forums? I went from a moto x pure to a nexus 5X to a 6s and I have zero regrets...

Why the hate on iPhones Sup Forums? I went from a moto x pure to a nexus 5X to a 6s and I have zero regrets. Best phone I've owned hands down. Is there a vendetta against things that just werk around here?

Other urls found in this thread:

images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iOS10.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I use some features which are not available on iOS.

But other than that, iPhones seem pretty decent overall.

Like what exactly? I haven't come across anything androids can do that iPhones can't but I use my phone for the basics.

It's all a matter of preference. Not everyone is going to like something because others say so.

My brother went from an nexus 4 to a galaxy note edge to a iPhone 6 and now all be does is bitch about how much he hates it.

I don't know what it is, but some people prefer android some prefer Apple. They both make good phones.

What is annoying though is the whole stupid fan boy shit about which phone is better and people mentioning one phone does something another doesn't.

Just use whatever the hell you're happy with.

>Like what exactly?
Copying files over SMB shares (wifi). I do this pretty much daily.
Notifications for missed calls/messages.
Torrents (I only downloaded them a couple of times so far, but still).

>notifications for missed calls/messages
Do you mean like persistent notifications because I definitely get my notifications when I miss something lmao.

>Do you mean like persistent notifications
Yes. If I leave the phone for two hours then come back I want it to notify me without having to pick it up and turn on the screen.
You can set all this stuff on Android, but iOS doesn't allow it.

My first smartphone was a moto g (1st gen) and it has been the only phone of mine with a notification led and I miss it so much. I see your point.

Being able to rearrange icons and use different launchers is cool. You can customize more stuff on Android that's the main thing I prefer about it.

>I use my phone for the basics.
>That's why I'm paid $9999.99 for a phone
That's the problem exactly.

>2017
>arguing about phones

>Can't look at or transfer files
>Overpriced
>No headphone jack
>Can't install apps from outside app store
>Apps for Sup Forums, emulators, torrents, etc are all banned from the app store

No adaway
No torrenting
No expandable storage
No native file browser
Can't use it as flash drive
Can't share files other than photos/videos over WiFi
Basically babby's first mobile OS
Overpriced as fuck

Why the hell would I get an iphone

>Overpriced
Explain. Like, what's your price?

>$9999.99

Turd worlder opinions are not welcome on this board.

You too.

IT IS VERY BAD SIR, NOT GOOD POEN SIR
TO MUCH RUPEE 4 ME

The thing is you've got my point. So what's your excuse? Any arguments maybe? No? How predictable.

it's not that I wouldn't pay that much for a phone if I deemed it worth it, it's just that you don't have the convenience of some android features (main one for me is torrents, music & movies str8 to library) and that the features given on an iPhone don't match the price paid. That being said, it's not the features on the iPhone that make it expensive, it's the apple logo

>high end Androids have better hardware and are cheaper
How is it not overpriced? You're basically paying extra for the Apple brand and an OS with less features.

The Raj Bhullar guy looks like an Indian Louis Rossman. Rather fitting considering how board repair is actual pajeet work.

$250 is the most I would ever pay for a phone. That includes the price being bundled into the contract. Anything more than that is ludicrous.

>be me
>want smooth scrolling and nice camera
>not poor
Why not poorfag?

>$250 is the most I would ever pay for a phone
>Anything more than that is ludicrous

This board really is full of absolute poorfags from shithole nations.

Virtually all high end android phones cheaper and/or have better hardware.

ITT: poorfags argue why torrents are the only reason they have an android

First, I'm not a poorfag. Second, he talk about 'basics' which is not including camera at all. It's calling, messaging, clock. Paying for this more than $150 is ridiculous.
Fucking Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X costs 130 burgers and it has everything you need. Even more!

ITT: iPhone owners "I KNOW YOUR FEATURES ARE BETTER IN EVERY WAY BUT YOU'RE JUST POOR! T-THATS THE REASON YOU HAVENT GOT WHAT I HAVE!"

Name a high end android that can scroll through Facebook smoothly.
>inb4 Facebook complaints

my last xperia z3 compact, right before I got an SE. I prefer the z3.

I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't used facebook in like 10 years because I'm not 70 years old

I'm not a poor fag. I spent $800 on a new desktop I put together myself a few months ago.
I'm from Ohio.
Only an idiot spends the equivalent of a PC on something small enough that can fall into a toilet. Every time I see someone pull out an $800 iPhone, the screen always looks like a car windshield after an accident.

Funny guy.

>shithole nations
>Ohio

Yeah, just like I said. Do you dumb fucks think that people buy phones off contract? How out-of-touch with normal life are you exactly?

imageboard browser

What difference do contracts make? Costs the same either way.

Thats exactly why I said what I said. If I have to sign a fucking contract just to be able to afford a phone, then the phone is way to over priced. $250 isn't a bad price for having the ability to get on the internet whenever you want, but any more than that, I might as well use my desktop. It can do far more than just text, make calls, and play shitty skinner box games centered around microtransactions. Between the choice of a desktop or a phone, I'd take the desktop hands down every time. Phones are too fragile for what they can do and what they cost.

>America
>shithole nation
I'll give you that America isn't what it used to be, but at least it isn't being flooded with rapefugees on a daily basis. Where are you from? Sweden? Britcuckistan? Germany? Please, let us know so we can all point and laugh at how the Muslims are taking over your shitty country and turning it into a 3rd world shit hole. How many "no go" zones does your city have, BTW?

That's why you buy something a year behind that's still completely relevant for 50-70% cheaper than new. Silly goose.

>but at least it isn't being flooded with rapefugees on a daily basis.
Yeah just spics and niggers. If you think america is better than the average western european city in that regard you're a delusional retard

but iphones are already a year behind, so it won't last nearly as long as something you could pay the same price for

My 6s functions better than any android that came out the same year.

It werks, but doesn't do shit I want to do.
that includes: using the fucking file system, easily pirating apps, customizability, changing the operating system and not getting fucked over by the iOS updates that make the phone slow as hell.
Well, if you're a normie, you don't care about all that. But I'm not.

>can't even view webms nativly
>can't even view webms without opening a shitty third party player in it's own separate app.
Yeah nah fuck iPhone. I had to use an iPhone 6 a couple of months ago and it was unbearable browsing this site.

Look at you. Making excuses. Are you seriously trying to justify that muslim dick sliding up your ass right now?

Everyone can afford to pay $35 a month with even the shittest McJob. Not everyone can afford to pay $600 up front for a phone, you utterly fucking dumb cunt. Its called spreading the cost. It works out to be cheaper over the 2 years to buy the phone outright and get a service contract, but nobody does that because the average person doesn't really want to spend that much in one go when contracts are the norm. I can't believe how fucking dumb you are.

>If I have to sign a fucking contract just to be able to afford a phone, then the phone is way to over priced.

I don't think you know what overpriced means. Out of your budget perhaps, but the starting price for top tier phones is all basically the same.

Ohio is the shithole you illiterate fucking retard.
>le mooslems

Nice try, you have tens of millions of undesirables who you can't even kick out because they're the American people. Niggers and spics in the tens of millions. 80% of your nation is a shithole with 1950s infrastructure. How many no-go cities and urban areas do you have, BTW?

>never lived in Ohio
>calls it a shithole
Maybe if you're a limp wristed liberal who is afraid of guns. I LOVE this state because castle doctrine and stand your ground laws alone have reduced crime rate by over 40% since they were enacted a few years back.

Now tell me, what exactly is "shithole" about Ohio, hmm? Or have you just been repeating the same shit your libshit friends keep telling you because Ohio was one of the states that handed Trump the win.

iphone
>you don't legally own your device
>no jack
>no torrent
>can't install apps from outside the store (the no-go feature for me)
>itunes
>no rom
>no root
>dunno if an iphone can do that but sometimes I use my device as a wifi range extender while connected in wifi.
>heavy customization allowed
>no sd card

wth should I pay for a fisherprice feature-level thing?

Using a Sup Forums app.
Putting icons at the bottom of your screen where your thumb can actually reach.
Notifications that aren't fucked.
Plugging in headphones.

>phone cost less than $200 to build
> entry price is $800
I won't contribute to this global ripoff.
Eating in the hands of a few billionaires companies kind enough to sell me the last flagship is not exactly to my tastes...
These faggots can fuck off, every time I hear a phone company dying, a division not being profitable I feel so fucking good, seeing karma in action might be the best fealing in the world.

>How many no-go cities and urban areas do you have, BTW?
The only no go zone in the entire USA is in Chicago, and thats in Illinois. So the answer to that would be zero if he lives in Ohio. Nice try though. It does honestly look like you're trying to make excuses for your entire continents imminent collapse. I'm with on this one. You guys have lost so much tourism money because people from around the world are afraid to set foot in that area of the world now.
>Nice try, you have tens of millions of undesirables who you can't even kick out because they're the American people.
You mean like how you can't kick out all the unassimilating shitskins that are plaguing your cities because they're citizens now too? Give me a break. You sound like a dipshit at this point.

>libs!
>libs!
>limp wristed
>libs!
>Trumbb

Calm down you dumb fucking mutt and stop frothing. I live in Southwest England and I've met someone from your anus of a state who confirms its a shit sack for yokels. I'm sure being allowed to plink at tin cans makes up for the fact you have no career path or life prospects anywhere around you.

>iPhone SE: $399
>iPhone 7: 649
>BUT I BELIEVE ITS $800! I just know it! I also can't even go to Apple's own site for some reason so I'll just make up what I FEEL its worth!
>I also have no understanding of a complex business' operations other than a BOM and sale price!

Fucking kill yourself.

You get some serious bang for your buck with an SE.

Used iphone for couple of months:

No use accessible file system - sharing files is complicated us fuck, no torrent client/video player, no equalizer over bluetooth - shit that really bothered me.

Also super shitty original cables that always disintegrate after year of use, buy quality Chinese replacement and if you fuck up and plug that in computer instead of charger it gets automatically blacklisted as not genuine and you can throw it away.

It's a good phone for supernormies, girls and older people. For my use I prefer $150 chink phone to $800 iphone.

LAGDROID PRAJEET BTFO!!!

In 2017 Americans still cannot comprehend what Europe even is. Its hilarious. I don't think you even had a tourism industry anyway. You're a retarded hick, you don't know anything about any city much less global ones. The 'unassimilating shitskins that are plaguing your cities' are still living somewhere which is more relevant to the global stage than where you live. I doubt you could even tell the difference between a Nigerian and a Sri Lankan to even complain about anything. You get your news from Sup Forums threads. America has more immigrants and more people coming to it than Western Europe does. More muslims and more niggers too.

4U

Why?

I was talking about release prices, you know, the onle ones that matter.
$649 is still way overpriced for a toy especially now when factories know how to mass-produce them easily.

>You get some serious bang for your buck with an SE.
yeah, no...
It should have cost something like $180-200 nothing more.

You're the dumbest fucking person I've seen all day and you have no understanding of anything to do with business, product manufacturing or anything else closely related. That also IS the release price of the 7, the SE is the SE, its a constant slight update it doesn't have a 'release price'.

SE is basically just a small 6s. 400 bucks for a brand new one isn't bad at all. You honestly just sound like a poorfag.

Whats this I smell? Oh, ew. Its the smell of unwashed Ahmed shitting in the street because he still hasn't assimilated to western customs. Oh, whats that I hear? A woman screaming? It must be rape o' clock. Time for the daily rape gang to start up. Oh, I'm hearing something else now. Its the sound of several trucks reving their engines. Oh, it looks like its time for the weekly cultural enrichment derby! Oh goody! I've always wanted to see what a person looks like getting run over by trucks. Oh, look. A box of hand grenades. Swedens new spectator sport. Tossing hand grenades at people! Now I am hearing the sound of a pen scribbling on paper. What are they writing? Whats, that? Germany has just signed into law something that very much resembles the distopian future written by George Orwell called 1984? They can now jail you for up to 15 years just because you said something the government didn't like? Must be that new cultural enrichment we "hicks" have been hearing so much about. Hm? Whats that? The UK parliament now wants to EMULATE this bill and make it EU wide? Soooo tolerant!

Fuck, dude. Even at their worst, America has never been this bad. Yeah, we have problems. EVERYONE has problems, but you guys are literally having your entire culture torn apart and your rights stripped off of you like chunks of skin being ripped from your body. I'm sorry but you've got some serious delusions if you think this is some how better than what we have over here in the States.

I'm an iPhone "hater", but the
>overpriced
meme needs to go.

All flagship phones are pretty expensive, but that's because people are willing to buy them. It's that simple. Why should companies not make as much money as possible?
Also, iPhones do not have a direct alternative, so you can't really compare them with something cheaper. You can do that more easily with Android phones, but even there every phone is unique.

>gigantic bezels
>shitty restrictive dumbphone os
>overpriced
>ugly logo
>no 3.5mm

I think the particular hate for the Apple overcharging is that they make something like 40% profit on each phone sold whereas Samsung and LG make like 15% [citation needed].
So it's not that Apple are overcharging, they are underspending on the actual product. An iPhone is worth less than an S8 yet costs the same. This is overcharging.

>they make something like 40% profit on each phone sold whereas Samsung and LG make like 15%
I'm almost sure that is only considering manufacturing costs and completely ignoring everything else (research, software development, support, marketing...). Stupid kids who don't understand economics usually do that.

>iPhones do not have a direct alternative
S8

Okay then. Then why is Apple the most profitable company on earth, Mr wise economist?

currently have the Moto x pure and once it overheats is deemed unusable

Because they're good at what they do and the competition sucks.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Apple pays 0.5% taxes on everything taxes because of a loophole involving Ireland claiming every phone sold was purchased there. Apple is the worlds biggest tax evading company right now.

Software is what makes iPhones unique. It's the same with Macs.

>bragging about vendor lock
fuck's sake

Or it's that people are willing to pay top dollar for mediocre hardware. Apple's success with iPhones is closer to a Swiss watch company than they are to a tech company.

People hate iPhones for 3 reasons:

1. They're technically illiterate and believe that gadget fanboiism makes them seem like smart hackers
2. They're poor
3. They're stuck in the mid 2000s when the idea of spending several hundred dollars for a phone seemed like something only crazy people would do (see also #2)

I went from several Nexuses in a row to an iPhone last year and I'm pretty happy with it. I'd still consider another Android phone if the next Pixel is good, but for me, a phone is just a tool. As long as it's good, I'm happy.

Pic related btw, it's an example of the kind of thinking you often see with anti-iphone people. Actually having glasses is like, some kind of special secret signal that you're a crazy person who believes racism is bad. So many layers of crazy it's not even worth arguing with them.

You speak like an asspained religious zealot m8.
I don't like iOS personally, but it's a fact that it objectively has some advantages over Android (and the opposite is also true, of course).

>muh specs
Again, you're missing the big picture.
Also, iPhones still beat the rest in certain benchmarks.

I have a 7 plus as a business phone and as that it works fine but I'd never have it as my personal phone. The ecosystem is retarded, iOS is ancient and makes you feel babied every step of the way, customization and automation are almost nonexistent and even the build quality is getting worse by iteration (the 4&5 were kings). Also as a eurofag I notice how shitty iPhones LTE speeds are compared to my P10 plus on the same network.

>>you don't legally own your device
??

That is true. They also take privacy and encryption rather seriously.
iTunes is still an absolute piece of shit though.

There's nothing an iPhone can do that an Android can't, the opposite isn't true.

>There's nothing an iPhone can do that an Android can't
How about getting official updates for years? The vast majority of Android phones don't get that.

>2017
>basics don't include camera
ok, just stay in your forest shed

>no torrent
I see this on Sup Forums all the time and I still can't figure out if you spergs are just having a giggle or if people really torrent from their phones

Are you homeless or something?

xiaomi redmi note 4X :^)

Why is downloading a file on your phone so weird?
Why do you think it should require a dedicated computer?

>It's the same with Macs.
i worked for some weeks with macOS. happily went back to linux + windows

>That also IS the release price of the 7, the SE is the SE
So fucking wrong and you know it, there are no reasons to lie on the internet.
>SE is basically just a small 6s. 400 bucks for a brand new one isn't bad at all.
The marketing department of apple is doing an amazing job...

Do you guys have market shares in apple or what ? Open your freaking eyes ALL smartphone companies are ripping you off.
It's exactly like if the victim pleads for the one who raped her. That's make no sense, at all.

images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iOS10.pdf
>. General.
>(a) The software (including Boot ROM code, embedded software and third party software),
>documentation, interfaces, content, fonts and any data that came with your iOS Device (“Original iOS
>Software”), as may be updated or replaced by feature enhancements, software updates or system
>restore software provided by Apple (“iOS Software Updates”), whether in read only memory, on any
>other media or in any other form (the Original iOS Software and iOS Software Updates are collectively
>referred to as the “iOS Software”) are licensed, not sold, to you by Apple Inc. (“Apple”) for use only
>under the terms of this License. Apple and its licensors retain ownership of the iOS Software itself and
>reserve all rights not expressly granted to you

Exactly like windows.

Dedicated computer? What does that even mean? A phone is a computer. The point is it's not the kind of computer that's well suited to torrenting. Mobile networks generally have data limits whereas residential/business internet generally does not. Phones generally have less storage than desktops, etc.

Why are you torrenting with your phone? More importantly WHAT are you torrenting with your phone?

I hate them because my 2 year old MacBook had a problem with the motherboard. Apple wanted to charge me $750 for a new main board and then $150 for service fees. Fuck that, I might as well buy a new laptop for that much. I took it to a local repair shop and they charged me $85 and had it done in one day and the thing still works. Then I had an iPhone 6. I used it normally and after about a year it started to bend so much that the screen was wobbling in the rear housing and made a clicking sound when I pressed it. Eventually it got touch disease where the touch controler on the main board went bad because apparently Applel didn't add half a cents worth a glue to prevent it when every other iShit before had the underfill installed. I was royally pissed. Buying Apple products means you pay a premium for inferior garbage with a fruit logo on the back. I'll never buy from them again. Their hardware quality is worse than ASUS, and to do that you have literally no quality control.

So from here on I'll be sticking to ThinkPads and Nexus phones because I don't have to buy new ones every year because they don't break with normal use.

FUCK OFF SHILL

Google phones do. And Android updates don't slow down your phone.

>Pay more to do the same shit.
No excuse for choosing Apple over Android. That's like choosing Mac over Windows. You're paying for the brand, that's it.

>it's not the kind of computer that's well suited to torrenting
Nonsense. It works fine.
But if you want to go there, a phone isn't well suited for almost any tasks, it's inferior to a "real" computer at pretty much anything you want to do.
Video editing on a phone for example is utterly retarded. But Apple still lets you do it.

You're trying to argue that there's a technical reason Apple is banning torrent apps, but we know that's not true, so stop with your retarded fanboyism.

I torrent movies on my android device then stream them straight to my TV with Plex. It's easy and quick.

>and Nexus phones because I don't have to buy new ones every year because they don't break with normal use
>what is 5X/6P bootloop

I've been using my Nexus 6P for over a year without any problems.

I've had an iphone 6s for the last couple years and the thing I miss the most are emulators without jailbreaking. I'll go back to android for my next phone.

Well meme'd, kiddo!

When I got my iphone from Sprint it was actually substantially cheaper than an android equivalent. Only reason I got it.

I was going to say this but isn't that just an LG thing? Three of my friends have had their 5X loop in the last 2 months rendering the phone a brick.