Pick one

Pick one.

1700x

>speed rank 6th vs 19th
>buying an AMD product
>ever
Do you even need to ask?

amd fanboys will still defend it for some reason.

Is this site Rotten Tomatoes of Sup Forums?

what is to defend?

See

FYI, this is how Userbenchmark.com calculates its compound CPU score:
30% single thread + 60% quad thread + 10% anything above quad thread performance

Which is to say, puts 5+threaded CPUs at a massive disadvantage, the more threads it has the more disadvantaged it is

then I'll resell it cheap to cop a refresh

HT cucks BTFO?

8 threads? what do you need 6 threads for?

I would pick intel any time.

>7700K has a higher "desktop" score

This site is full retard with it's ratings.

Normal desktop applications don't benefit from more cores AMD fuccboi

>multitasking isn't a normal thing to do on a desktop
>nobody encodes video on a desktop
>nobody uses compression/encryption on a desktop

Nice try crying wojak spammer, but you're going to have to do better.

good goy

nobody encodes videos or run crypto ALL THE TIME on a normal desktop

Those prices are both bullshit. The 7700k starts at like $300. Unsure about Ryzen.

It pulls prices based on your region. He might be in Canadaland, prices look accurate for there.

R7 1700 and spend the rest of the money on beer

Gaymers BTFO
>>>/pcbg/

The things you just listed are considered workstation uses...

>My little user can't be this stupid

Typical desktop users don't encode videos or compress/encrypt files.

You should go outside more. Most normal, socially well-adjusted people (unlike you) don't even have desktops anymore. They mostly use their MacBooks and iPhones.

Why are you even here, then? Shoo shoo stinky normie.

100% gaming and 0% anything else: 7700K

Otherwise: 1700X

One fox beats one hundred chickens.

Desperate.

It's like they wrote that analogy when Bulldozer was still a thing. Then never bothered to update it. In fact, the entire site seems like that.

>can't come up with a good argument against my excellent argument
Kill yourself.

Also, I never stated I was a normie. I use a 7700K since I don't do workstation tasks like encode videos or compress/encrypt files.

Coming soon.

>intel shills

>the blind AMD fanboy hopes to justify his poor purchasing decisions by convincing his product is superior regardless of statistics

Shoo shoo, filthy joo.

UMA DELICA

>wonky deformed hexagon vs perfectly balanced hexagon

Intelcucks want a CPU that's only slightly better at one thing, while worse at everything else. Sad!

neither I'm not spending 400usd+ on a cpu alone to "upgrade" from 2500K

but if I had to pick one to get for free I would go with intel for compatibility with virt, for a "mom pc" amd

i think i'm going to start a CPU benchmarking site just to see how much i make every year

You really don't have a clue as to how arguments work, do you?

Workstation tasks generally involve VMs and high level number crunching. Consumer audio/video encoding software and encryption software has been available for years now. It stands to say claiming video encoding/encryption are workstation only tasks is just dumb Intel shill sour grapes and damage control.

Kek 19th
Amd btfo

no one needs more than 4 cores

Nice job not reading the thread, fucknut.

I want this encoding meme to die
Its like every neet/cuck/retard suddenly need to do a lot of encoding and streaming. It's probably even less relevant than 4k displays

We all know ryzen is by far inferior.
Perhaps next year it and get some money, but today it's the knock off cheapo Chinese product

I prefer to invest the extra $200 in a better video card.

Why you need better VGA when this shitty CPU will throttle everything past notepad

>running over 100 fps
>throttling

Even a G4560 doesn't throttle until you reach 1070 levels.

I'm talking about ryzen not Intel

>Perhaps next year it and get some money

They are retards trying to justify their shit purchase. Don't bother.

Mesh Architecture = Netburst 2.0

Your picture tell a lot about you.

lol.

You must have some
Special kind of retardation to say 7700k uses a mesh

Glad we are in agreement that mesh is terrible

>smug pic filename is smug
Hello newfriend

>2017
>4 threads

>HT
>CPUs that don't have a bunch of stalls

As a gamer who doesnt do workstation stuff, yes I absolutely do all of those things and often enough for it to matter. Usually for making webms or gameplay clips for YouTube.

So I should consider ryzen 1400 cuz im a normie?

you seem to confuse Ryzen w/ FX , the ipc on Ryzen is pretty close and delivers almost the same performace whilst running up to 1ghz slower , all that while consuming the same power w/ twice the cores and threads

[thinking emoji]

So now you Intel fags moved from Monkey soup to Snails? Is there anything you subhumans wouldn't eat?

Dude, I'm using E5-2640, and planning to upgrade to E5-1650 with overclock to 4.4GHz next month.
So, I'm just making fun from "which 4-core bullshit is better" holywars.

Mesh is actually better for high core count than infinity glue,but that don't change the fact 7700k uses bingbus

Monkey is a rare delicacy we just reserve for festive days. Snails are good for a nice meal

>Mesh is actually better for high core count than infinity glue
Does it really matter when you get abysmal yields and insane prices? Low clockspeeds and high temps, too.

youre a fucking retard

I'm saying mesh is actually good on xeons, you don't have to worry there as tdp is enforced and chip is soldered.
Sure it's costly,. But whatever, high core server purchase envolve a lot of things including price.

>infinity glue
well its better than using glue as tim on a 2000$ 220w HEDT chip aint it ?

>Intel up until 2000 relies on transistor shrinkage without and major architecture changes
>In 2000 they come up with Netburst in order to reach 20ghz speeds.
>Fails, Chips ran very hot, and where less efficient then the Pentium 3s at launch
>Rather than pushing speed they follow AMD and go the more core count in order to keep performance and progress moving forward.
>AMD shits the bed with bulldozer
>Intel finds during it's near total domination of the laptop and desktop market that Ring Bus won't scale very well
>they start buying up large entities in the hopes they can find talent to fix the problem
>This is why during this time we don't really see much improvement over core count, not due to Intel's greed, but do to ont being able to come up with something better.
>Amd brings back Jim Keller to solve the same problem
>intel Doesn't really change much to their CPUs until they can figure something out, realize on smaller transistors in order to get small gains each generation, not in too much of a hurry.
>They get some AMD silicone in their labs to see what they came up with.
>They now have to use what they got in the form of Mesh even though it's not ready
>Ryzen launch
>Mesh launch
We know for a fact that Intel CPUs with Mesh run very hot and use more power compared to AMD at this time, You can debate on which is better performance but that's not the point. I think they won't be able to solve the heat problem while pushing more cores, similar to how they couldn't push more speed on Netburst without running into heat problems. AMD I think will scale better at 10nm and 7nm due to Jim's design and we will see difference in performance close that of the Pentium 4 and Athlon 3000+ days.

1700 non-x; 1700x is a waste of money

why 1700x you pay more for sligly higer clock than a 1700

what website is this ?

the 18 core i9 chips are literally xeons , they are NOT soldered and yea mesh is good , but so is Infinity fabric , showing 90+ % scaling

userbenchmark.com

Jewtel shill designated thread.

>747474

Ryzen scalability is really tied to non monolitic cores in a way that it allow better yields but also allow better thermal operation, since thermals and electricity don't bleed over a massive core but it's limited on smaller dies.
Even that way mesh is better, but on extreme high core count it's even more irrelevant since with so much cores you are already doing massive independent parallel work like vms or render.

If I was in a position needing a 18/16 core workstation I would go amd that is not much of discussion, considering a 3.4 base core it looks very good.
If you need high interthread performance I would consider the 7900 up to 7920x.

I'm waiting to see tr benchmarks, especially the little 8 cores to see how much performance a cherry picked zen core can perform. It seen to be 3.8-4.0 GHz + 200mhz xfr, probably the top clocked zen chip.

the best thing about TR is , it does not gimp lanes one bit , you get 64pcie and quad mem on EVERY chip , making a memory or graphics heavy workstation/server cheap AF

>anno domini
>4 coars

is this legal?

64 lanes is nice but I'm interested in see how much latency penalty will be with quad channel and all this pcie.

The one which doesn't throw segfault errors

That picture is pretty hot, sauce?

>7700k=$442
>1700x=$472

>CPU that's better for practical workloads
vs
>CPU that's better for synthetic benchmark memes

The one with 2x cores and threads

Sorry, but "muh gaymes" is not a practical workload. No, loading a bloated website 0.2 seconds faster is not a dealbreaker.

kek gamers account for the overwhelming share of high performance PC sales

why else do people buy these cpus

>inb4 muh 24/7 4K video encode server

Most normal people don't spend 300$ on any processor. The people these chips are marketed towards do those things.

Also, Intel gets spanked in TDP. There's a reason there's a huge lineup of ryzen powered small form factor machines coming out and it has everything to do with performance per watt.

1700x so I can into well running vm and not use wangblows

>p-pls buy intel plz oh god now they're even buying bulldozer

>People unironically use gaming benchmarks (games are well known for being generally bad at multi-threading) when comparing a processor with high clock frequency and a lower amount of cores to a processor with lower clock frequency and a higher amount of cores.
Are you people genuinely retarded?

I was having problems with my style script and accidentally did the thing.
Why is there a time limit before you can remove a post?

>7-12th? well at least we aren't losing to bulldozer again .. fug xD

>"excellent argument"
I can smell the greasy fedora from here.