Matt Damon wishes the US had as "sensible" gun laws as Australia

>The actor, who returns to the “Bourne” action franchise when “Jason Bourne” hits theaters on July 29, told Stuff that Australia’s gun control laws are “wonderful”
>“It’s wonderful what Australia did because you guys haven’t had a mass shooting since you went, ‘No, we’re going to be sensible about this.’ And nobody’s rights have been infringed, you guys are fine,” Damon said. “I wish we could be sensible like that but I don’t think that’s going to happen in my lifetime.”
>“People get so emotional that even when you make a suggestion about not selling AK-47s to people on terror watch lists, that’s a non-starter. I don’t know what needs to happen.”
thewrap.com/matt-damon-wishes-americas-gun-laws-were-as-sensible-as-australias/

Wow a celebrity told me I should turn in my guns I'd better listen to them.

Sounds like he needs to move.

Matt is just out of it, give him a break

I suggest we ban people so Matt can't defend himself anymore

Daily reminder that gun control works when you try to make it work.

You might not think guns should be banned because of your faggot "rights" or whatever, but when developed countries ban guns on the federal level and enforce that ban, shootings stop.

>Gets asked his opinion
>Gives it
>WAAAAAH WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME YOUR OPINION I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU BECAUSE YOURE FAMOUS

>Watching Matt Damon
You're either gay or a woman

Nice argument you got there my man, will OP ever recover? SAVAGE

>WAAAAH HE SHOULD LEAVE THE COUNTRY

We already have gun control that works in New York, it's called taking them away from black people

Without bodyguards Matt sure be forced to resort to firearms to defend his huge set of balls, right?

To be fair, if someone's so terrified of getting killed, they should probably move away from where they're living to another country. Which is partially why some gun control activists are full of shit, as they're not the ones who're ever in danger.

Eh, not surprising, probably saying whatever panders to his fans. Still wouldn't be surprised if he meant it though

It's 99.99% a cultural issue, not an access issue.

he was good in the departed

nah people still get shot in NY, I'm sure the rate has lessened but it's nothing out of the ordinary

we had a story here where some old fuck drove out to a land zoning office with a .22 2 years ago and killed his assigned agent because they wanted him to stop clearing it for pasture, everyone thought gun owners (he had a licence and more powerful rifles) were about to dig up their SLRs and holocaust australia

>And nobody’s rights have been infringed, you guys are fine
Did Australia even have an equivalent to the 2nd amendment?

We don't have a bill of rights. Gun's were accessible before due to necessity in the colonial era, in the modern they are no longer serve any purpose.

>We don't have a bill of rights
And that's why you fail at life.

He's a finn so you better listen to him

People use the gun issues in the US as evidence we shouldn't have one. The US is unable to restrict gun ownership becuase of something that written 200 years ago. It prevents the law from being updated to reflect changes in society,

We would rather just have the ability to control our own laws as needed. Which is why we have the highest voter turnouts in the world

That's why every school shooter is white

I was just thinking how finnish he looked in ops pic and mfw it's true

But Australia-kun, that's what we have Constitutional amendments for. 200 years ago women couldn't even vote.

Call it what you will, but the biggest point of gun ownership is self reliance. Call it what you want, sense of power, penis compensation, but I can take care of myself, and that's what it's all about.

Power goes out, am I gonna worry? No, I have means to create heat

House burns down, am I gonna sit in the ashes and wait for someone to come help? No, I'm gonna go to the local shelter and plan what to do next

Someone breaks into my house, am I gonna hide behind a door with a phone and hope the cops get there in time? No, I'm gonna get the gun and use it to save my ass and the ass of everyone in my home.

That's what America is about, a nation of doers, not a nation of sit around and thinkers

>Some rich fuccboi who hasn't seen a nigger in 17 years tells you what to do with gun control

>Americans in this thread being triggered (pun not intended) by someone's opinion
Wew lads and when some tumblr bitch gets offended by your edgy opinions you laugh about it

Also
>Allowing literal terrorists to purchase weapons
>B-but muh freedom > rational thought

/thread

if USA wants less shooters all it needs is better governments, because those shooters are mostly mk ultra puppets let loose for the purpose of instilling fear. thats one half, the other half is of course nuggers

if you dont believe me ask unabomber you can send him a letter

Haha are you real? Australia is top 3 country in the world

What is the deal with Canadians on this board trying desperately to be American? Pretty sad to watch.

Beats being UK

>Which is why we have the highest voter turnouts in the world
Corralling retards into voting booths isn't one of Australia's greatest accomplishments.

Not seeing an argument from the rest of the world, but then again I don't expect they have one.

So, let me get this straight...

There's this guy, who pretends for a living, and has now built a comfy bubble around himself;

Plays a psychotic hit man who uses any object that's handy as a deadly weapon;

Has given his opinion about a controversial subject, which has generated publicity for his career;

Any you're all butt hurt that we don't live in a perfect world?

Are you not entertained?

Sup Forums ideology is retard far-right American ideology. Its even better when I see South Americans and Eastern Euros dropping Sup Forums bombs. Just how retarded can one get?

Not if you include shootings that happen near schools

>MUH SCHOOL SHOOTERS
There's as much white shooter as blacks, but the media seems to only cover the rare.

Not really. New York has the same murder rate as London and Paris