Affordable 30"+ 144Hz+ IPS 4K monitors when?

Affordable 30"+ 144Hz+ IPS 4K monitors when?

10 years time, at the least.
And fuck, can you even imagine how much power it'd take to game at 4k-120fps let alone 144?
Unreal amounts of power.

never

IPS will never be invested into enough to get that kind of performance, OLED might.

1080Ti does 4K 60FPS no problem desu. It's not the 60FPS limitation of a 60Hz panel thats an issue, it's the input delay and screen tearing. I don't really give any cares about 60FPS+ unless it's a competitive game like CSGO.

Nixeus EDG27 is 27" 1440p 144hz ips for $500. It's the most ideal compromise I've found and it looks damn good. Very low ips glow and no stuck/dead pixels I can detect.

Basically what you're asking for is impossible. Lower your standards.

>affordable
never, 4k 144hz is high end and will be until the 8 and 16k meme starts.

>1440p
Not enough pixels senpai.

By affordable I just mean the same price 1440p 144Hz displays are now.

stop licking your screen then, 27" @ 1440 seated arm lengths away you cannot see if the individual pixels

t. 20/20 1440p user.

>27" @ 1440 seated arm lengths away you cannot see if the individual pixels
Why did you go through all the effort of making a Sup Forums account just to tell lies here?

I've got a 1440p 27" monitor, my desk is 80cm deep I think, I can very very easily see the individual pixels when gaymen, 2x and 4x MSAA still make a pretty sizable difference.

I bet all your music is 24/96 flac too you placebo eating retard.

108 ppi becomes "retina" at 81cm. Even by absurd Apple marketing standards it's useless to go higher.

>arguing that a 27" 1440p monitor is 'retina' levels of pixel density
I want nu-Sup Forums to fuck off.

>I bet all your music is 24/96 flac too you placebo eating retard.
Except lossless is technically better than lossy, whether or not you can hear the difference or not.
Fuck off, nu-Sup Forums and new-Sup Forums

It is at 81cm you uneducated fuck. You need ~300ppi at 30cm but only 108ppi for 81cm.

So... You admit it, then?
Keep saying "muhh nufags!". I've been here since 2007, but this could be my first summer and it wouldn't make your argument not shit.

Shut up bitch if I want a 35" display it's no longer 81cm then is it, faggot.

Even so I can E A S I L Y see aliasing on a 27" 1440p monitor from way further than 81cm away.

>Plays games for children.
>Calls someone a bitch for being right.
>Complains about numbers not being high enough even though objective testing has proved they're full of shit.
>Uses terms like "nu-Sup Forums" with no indication of ironic intention.
You sound like a really unpleasant person. Stop wasting your time on games and work on your soft skills.

Get your eyes checked, if you can't make the difference between 4k and 1440p then you have a problem. Also buy non-shitty headphones and you will notice that FLAC is superior to the compressed shit MP3 is.

>dude this thing doesnt work for your usage scenario
>you should change your usage scenario and not the thing
Get the fuck off my board you dumb shitcase.

would be nice to be able to get a 4k monitor with 144hz capable so you could choose between 4k 60fps and maybe 2k 144fps at will.

many games dont need 144mhz like fighting games, so youre wasting potential by not having TWO options available

Keep making those justifications and slinging insults.

this, 32" 1440p is like 24" 1080p, nobody is bitching about this

>1440p on a 4K monitor
Anyone got one and can comment how it looks? In my experience anything but native looks like trash. Even downscaled 5120x2880 on a 2560x1440 display (a perfect 4x downsample) looks like blurry shit for some reason.

this, so waiting on OLED monitors, OLED cheaper manufacture now than IPS as well

Enjoy your screen burn, dumbfuck.

whats the point of IPS when the new Quantom Dot VA panels with HDR are coming out?

try to read a 2 column A4/letter paper on a 24" 1080p monitor without zooming in, then we talk again, faggot

>Affordable 30"+
No idea about these 2, but 27" 144Hz 4K monitors are supposed to be coming out this year, one from Acer and one from Asus, both with the same GSync panel that NVIDIA supposedly helped develop.

I'm sitting 60-65cm away from a 27" 4K screen and another 27" 1440p screen right now, the 4K screen is much, MUCH sharper, especially in games. The difference in image quality isn't subtle, it's very easy to see for any sort of computer-generated graphics, like any UI or video game. Pic somewhat related, my monitor setup.

which do you feel is more impressive/fun to use/etc., 4k res or 1440 144hz?

144 for shooters
4k for work and slow-paced games (RPG, strategy, etc.)

do games have high res 4k textures?

Lcd IPS monitors have better image quality than quantum dot. Quantum dot is the biggest meme of the last five years

how about if you had to pick only one though? this is the choice everyone will have to make. assuming you play every genre of games. (also you left out action games and stuff like that)

You can't have your cake and eat it.

I'd choose 4k because gaming is maybe 10-20% of the time I spend on my PC. Reading text on scaled 4k is so much better and easier, that alone is the main selling point for me.

If your gaming usage exceeds 50% or more, I'd tend towards 144 simply because it's easier to drive (unless you have a 1080/1080Ti)

If you play shooters or other fast action games 144Hz is amazing. Even moving the mouse and scrolling webpages feels better.

The 1440p monitor is 60Hz, but when I bought the 4K one I went over to a friend who has 1440p 144Hz and I preferred the sharpness. 4K is amazing to look at, all the aliasing is almost entirely gone with no AA. Games and text look so sharp and smooth I couldn't even imagine it before seeing it for myself.

144Hz is also very nice and is visibly smoother than 60Hz, so it's a legit option too. In the end however 4K/high-DPI essentially solves the aliasing problem which has plagued games from the start and the quality upgrade is too good to ignore. 144Hz is smoother than 60 for sure, but for me at least playing at a locked 60FPS was never a problem. Basically 4K (almost) removes the aliasing issue entirely, while 144Hz is a smoothness upgrade to 60, but 60 is already quite smooth so it isn't really a problem.

I'm still looking for 4K 144Hz though, I'll probably buy one of the first monitors too if it's ~$1000 at most.

Call me when OLED has
144 Hz
Individually dimmable pixels
No burn in
Affordability

>Individually dimmable pixels
Doesn't it have that by default? The pixels are the actual light sources, OLED doesn't have a backlight, so you can literally turn a pixel off and it will not emit light.

>Anyone got one and can comment how it looks?
Yes. It looks soft and worse than 1440p on a 1440p screen of the same size. It's not unusable garbage though, you could live with it if you had no other choice but I'd never use it otherwise.

how about 1080p?

not him, but you have to make sure the MONITOR does the downscaling, NOT Windows or the game.

Most monitors you can check what resolution you're running at.
If you're still running 3840x2160 in the monitor menu, but e.g. a game at 1080p, it looks even more blurry than regular 1080p.
If the MONITOR is doing 1080p it's basically indistinguishable from native 1080p.

The only exception for this are movies and youtube videos. Apparently Youtube's player and mpv do a great job of upscaling 1080p content.

1080p on both 4K and 1440p screens at 27" looks way too soft to use for me. It's not acceptable for any computer-generated graphics (UI/games) but you could probably get away with it for video, but even then you'll get way better quality by feeding a 4K monitor a 4K signal and using your video player do do some high quality upscaling.

2-5 yres

having that option for older or less intensive games would be nice.
Hell even outside of gaming simply using the desktop would improve a little with smoother scrolling and more fluid mouse pointer and animations.
I wonder how much of a perceived improvement there would be in watching 24fps video on 144Hz which is a direct multiple. Panning scenes always looks jerky at 60Hz.

Can't wait for 4K 144Hz+ OLED monitors to become a thing.

144Hz
-affordable-

that's true

>1920x1080 60Hz
>affordable
Sup Forums a decade ago

I just want a 31+ inch ultrawide 3440x1440p 100hz+ IPS panel with HDR, 10bit color, and freesync 2 for less than $900 canadian

is it really so much to ask for?

>Ultrawide

Kill yourself

>21:9
Go take a nap on some train tracks.

>I bet all your music is 24/96 flac too you placebo eating retard.
>Not 32/384 DXD
What kind of plebs do you associate with?

LOL HIVEMIND

2 years'