/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01F290W92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtu.be/CS6GWTlg6F4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are some decent chronograps that are under 40 mm diameter and under 10 mm thick?
Both quartz and mechanical will do.
Must have a stainless steel case.

TGV please review my luxury Dong Feng timepiece

Ditch the stainless

Unfunny

To me the Dongfeng dress watch speaks of true luxury on a budget, the lovely silver sunburst dial, the standing out red seconds hand, those exactly aligned hour markers.. Ah, just so lovely to gaze upon a well made timepiece. Of course this piece is mechanical with 19 jewels in it, to add to that the Fang Zhen marking on the bottom proves that this watch is built with quality. What a lovely piece to wear with a dress. Wear it in good health my friend.

I've inherited pic related and I had the batteries changed today. When I tested the stopwatch function, it worked fine but it doesn't reset to the 12 o clock marker and instead goes to the 9 o clock marker.

I've also got a Citizen with the exact same issue.

What can I do about it?
>inb4 shitters
I know. I have to make do with them for now.

Forgot pic

is that a carnival clone?

these quartz movements sometimes have a way to calibrate the hands. Look for the manual online if you don't have it.

What shitter is everyone wearing today?

Either start timing things early, or subtract 15 seconds when you finish. Alternatively, get it fixed.

Pull out the crown, press the chrono start till the hand is at the right position, push the crown down.

Bumped the disassembly of the Sicura to next week, since it's too fucking hot to do any serious work. Fucking 30° at my bench, almost 40° outdoors. It's been like this for weeks now, old and chronically ill people are already dropping dead left and right.

Looks like global warming is back on the menu boys.

It's a carnival, the brand operates under both names

ALL quartz chronos have a way to be zeroed after battery change. This makes me wonder though if there ever was a quartz chronograph with heart cams.

The Amphibia brainlet has spoken!

hey can someone maybe recommend a shitter for around $50? i like seikos but i also really like old shit

I the Seiko mecha-quartz chronos had heart cams?

u sound like a patrician watch guy dude so do you think i did good for only paying $15? its from le 60s

How thick is that?

Holy shit. Thanks guys. Just fixed them both. Didn't know this was a feature.

Thankfully I wont have to do that.

Pic related, my Citizen shitter. I like it.

Casio wholesaler guy was at the store a while ago since we were filling up our stock and I bought this B640W from him directly for like $23.

Don't they just go around like normal 1s motors?

Shit, forgot pic again!

I'm wearing my Casio W-86 today.

My soon to be first mechanical watch.
Probably going to get an oyster type II with it.
Leather isn't my thing, maybe I'll get a NATO one day.
>finally ditchin' the quartz
>feelsgoodman

Good choice, I have a 009. I've put mine on a Strapcode super oyster and fitted a lumed ceramic bezel insert.

Pretty nice, why is the current one this fugly?

They do indeed have a heart cam at least in the central seconds; a quick Google didn't give me info on the totalizers.

What's the difference between the 009 and the 007?

009 has a blue dial and Pepsi bezel.

For 15 $ you get a huge deal of horogolical history, in this case from behind the iron curtain! Due to their rarity these bauhaus style pobedas are very sought after which can raise their price. Excellent buy, excellent quality, pure class, Belissimo!

As a Yuropoor I kinda find it plausible that the Urban Gentile is just a character like Archie is and this guy irl is like all the Jersey Guinneas you see in stuff like the Sopranos.

lmao

well said! since you're all about class or whatever, what's your opinion on seikos, specifically pic related?

>What shitter is everyone wearing today?
Wearing my SKX for the first time in a while. It's upgraded with a sapphire crystal, a 6r15c movement and a StrapCode super oyster bracelet.

I'm thinking of either getting a custom double-AR coated crystal or a domed underside AR crystal because the reflections of the hour markers on the bevelled portion of the crystal trigger my 'tism.

How did you get the day and date on a 6R15? Did you do that yourself?

meant for

>Thinking archie is a character

I bought the watch with all the customisation done already from Artifice Horoworks. As for the day/date, the day wheel from a 7s26 fits directly onto a 6r15c so it's easy to do.

>mixed Italian and British-aristocracy heritage
Oi cunt! Bring the gabagool and chips! Keep calm and fuggetaboutit! Watch it argies! Good save the Queen :DDD And the cannolis :DDDD

Oh I emailed him recently asking him how to do that. Nice guy. If I'm feeling brave I'll give it a shot.

He does good work. He also made sure the chapter ring and bezel were perfectly aligned before he shipped the watch.

thanks guys but i haven't decide yet
i like more the 033 but the 035 is more versatile (can go with every suit for example)
is 035 white or cream?

A little bit off-white but it's mostly white.

Where them SKXlets at?

Yeah Archie is waaay to deep to be a character.

For life

What do you guys think of my Daniel Wellington?
Looks good on the wrist i think.
Got a nice discount for it too.

Perfect skx.. probably the best diver you can get for under 1k with those mods.. Only thing i really wish was they they made a version with no day date and lume there instead.

The cracked dial is kind of cool, but you need yourself a new bezel my man.

And yes i am restoring it as we speak.

>discount

Here's hoping it cost you $12, because that's what it cost me. Pic related.

it's like buying $200 ray bans but even more of a rip off

What? That looks so similar.
Do you have a wrist shot?

friend literally just brought it back from Moscow for me yesterday. He bought himself this awesome flight watch that ticks so fucking loud you can clearly hear it in even a semi quit room.

Sup Forumset the fuck out of here

absolute shitter

Disaster

Yeah, hold on a sec, it's in my room somewhere. I liked the Wellington design too, but it's overpriced garbage compared to what you get when you look around on Amazon/eBay.

>What? That looks so similar.
Probably because it no doubt came from one of the same factories that make Denzel Washingtons.

i just searched through my entire house and i cant find it. i did manage to find an old picture but unfortunately not on the wrist.

I can at least say it was my first shitter and I had a few people who actually have Wellingtons think I did too, which was pretty cool for $10.

9/10 would recommend if you're not retarded enough to buy an overpriced denzel washington.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01F290W92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cheers

How long have you had this and how does it keep time? I might unironically buy it.

Mad because you can't afford quality??

How about fuck you and get a 017?

How long have you had this and how does it keep time? I might unironically buy it.

very long time, maybe a year or two. didn't take very good care of it, dropped it, threw it around, as made obvious by the picture. if you don't fuck around with it like i did yours wont look the same after the same amount of time.

honestly there's no shame in buying this. it's cheaper than a shitter and no one will bully you for buying a real, expensive wellington. it's still got the exact classic design which is all you really SHOULD be paying for. it's basically what is saying. you're paying so much for the brand just like raybans.

anyways i really really really really think you should sell your DW and get this. maybe you can increase your shitter collection with the extra cash.

get the cream. it makes it look more classic as well as keeps the colors interesting while still being muted enough to accent with colored/nato straps.

didn't mean to post doggo he kept trying to get in the background

Alright, thanks for the honest advice, I really appreciate it.

>didnt mean to post doggo
>doggo is more in the center of the picture than the watch

is this the recreation? i was thinking of buying this watch, how do you like it user?

Thanks. I was willing to spend on the upgrades because the SKX is one of the very few diver designs I actually really like. The SKX and the Pelagos are probably the only two current diver designs I really like.

Very nice.

I for one welcome the Perlon replacing NATOs as the go to meme strap.

You're not supposed to fold back a perlon like that are you? If it's too long you adjust where the buckle sits.

But can perlon do this???

Opinions on Invicta pro diver? Its pretty cheap but is it shit?

It's a cheap diver and will suit your needs; hell you could get a Casio diver in the same price range and it could probably take a rougher beating.

dope. is that yours?

Sadly no. I did order a few NATOs in that style though. Still waiting for them to arrive.

I prefer the flamingo one.

I think those straps went out of fashion some time during the 1960's.

youtu.be/CS6GWTlg6F4

what do you guys think? it's gonna be my first real watch and I've done a lot of looking. I'd really really like some opinions before I pull the trigger

dumb opinion

Do you think Archie buys fake Aussiebux from Aliexpress?

Link to fake currency?

Are Fossil watches objectively bad? I realize people in this thread have more refined tastes and wouldn't get one for a million reasons, but for a normie like me that just needs a timepiece that will last more than a year and isn't expensive, is Fossil an okay buy? They seem to always have sales and I live relatively close to the store.

They are objectively worse than some alternatives. Still a better deal than a Denzel Washington though.

They actually stink on the inside. I'm not kidding, if you open them up they smell like a Chink sweatshop.

t. batterynigger

I think most people dislike Fossil because they're generally really ugly fashion watches, are the reason why all those gaudy fashion watches from Michael Kors and the like exist, and they aren't really made all that well. There are some decent watches, but they're far and few in between and some have even discontinued.

Now that I think about it, it could also be that Fossil is the watch equivalent of New Balances and Wrangler/Lee jeans; or just simply a "dad" watch.

That was the joke dude

Love it. Except for being scared when it Rains.