/Guts/ The epic may may edition

PC guts , mac guts, laptop guts or just old tech guts we want to see your computer insides

Intel or AMD,Nvidia and other.
We need it all
Welcome and enjoy.

t.Intel nice guy.

R8, m80s!

You realy need speecy I can't see shit.

>almost 4MB on a blurry picture
every day we stray farther from god

you are right

thnx 4 this

>was gonna take a nice guts picture when the weather is nice
>it rains for a week straight
>the weather is nice now
>camera battery has disappeared into another dimension
whatever

>that speaker positioning
jesus christ

The speakers aren't for the computer, I turn the speakers when I play music on them and listen through my whole apartment. Dickhead.

That's still awful

with no acoustic treatment as well

top lel m8

I live in a shithole apartment and don't have room to have it completely proper.

sup gents

whats up with the USB cable in the back?

C-link cable for the Corsair aio

>tfw core 3 started throwing WHEA errors and crashing muh gaymes
had to fucking downclock to 4.2GHz, might as well get ryzen soon.

>That THICC card. Nice, what is it? 1080ti?

>WHEA errors

While doing what? Or just randomly? Was your CPU running very hot?

Why did you remove the top HDD bays and 5.25 bays? It did nothing but just make the case look broken or incomplete. I have the same case and who cares if you have some empty bays?

while gayming cpu runs well into 60s, sometimes up in 70s. Dishonored 2 and PUBG would crash sometimes, after 30 mins or an hour into session.
It's quite interesting that it's only one core doing that, I ran it for over 4 years like that and it's started this behavior only now.

Placebo airflow increase. Like to have as little in the case as possible.

also, I ran prime for over an hour before downclocking and it gave didn't yield any errors or WHEAs

That's odd. 60s and 70s isn't scorching hot for Ivy bridge intel chips. I had an FX-6300 that I ran at 5.1ghz, 60C for several years (AMD max safe temp was 62C) and never suffered any core errors.

Odd that randomly just started like that.

downgrade to an matx board and get a smaller case then. Big case like the Fractal R5 with all its bays and room looks dumb when all the shit is taken out of it.
Yea sometimes even prime95 can't replicate problems.

I may just delid once I get to cleaning the case thoroughly. It may even unlock some more overclocking potential, because my chip proved a bad overclover.
62C for an AMD chip doesn't seem like a max temp, where did you get that info from? FX9590 was 4.7GHz out of the box and would run well into 80s and work like that.

When I still had that AMD chip, I was part of the overclockers DOT com forum. They all said to not exceed 62C with AMD chips unless you wanted damage to the chip. And if your 9590 was hitting 80C out of the box, you weren't cooling it properly.

how is the H80i? I have a possibility of getting a hands-me-down, barely used one. Does it perform better than, let's say, 212 evo?

I think it does. I had an artic cooling 64 pro before and this does better than that. The old one was similar in design to the 212 evo. These things aren't supposed to last more than a few years though so you might wanna look into age. Someone said 5 years at max before changing em out.

first build, it's a bit tight but it does fit
PSU cables take up a lot of space :-( will probably need to modify those

@ pcbg user who helped me w/ PSU, ty

Noctua coolers make me hard

what case is that my man?

Looks like the R5

Lurk more.

Wtf two cpu coolers, you're running two cpu's?

Not sure if bait or summer or Sup Forumsermin

My butts for epic Bread
Obligatory fortress series Bro greetings

Black cars all black everything

I'm definitely going to change shit up but I just have no idea how yet. Need to get rid of this 980ti before it's worth $10.

for what reason? I Also have a 980ti. Mine is a classified model and it does 1570mhz with only the smallest of voltage bumps. Unless you're looking to push 144fps at 1440p, what reason do you have to try and sell that 980ti.

That and the thing you can change is the radiators. And their fan directions. Right now you're dumping hot air back INTO your case. You can always turn the top fans around to bring air into the case, and have the fans pull that air through the radiators and pushed outside the case. Lastly, turn the radiators so their tubes are on the top, not the bottom. Most AiO makers recommend doing this as it puts less stress on the pump.

is that an internal usb 3.0 header? cool but why?

USB OS drives

This radiator configuration has the best performance. I tested them all. Both the front and back radiators are in takes and the hot air is sucked out of the top two 120mm fans. The reason the front fans are on the "wrong" side of the rad is because air in take in the front of the p400 already needs static pressure just to get it in and if I put the rad and the front of the case between those 2 fans and the outside air cpu temps rise. This set up works great.
I want to sell the 980ti because I've had it for a year and it's still worth what I paid for it but it won't be for long. Once 1070 perf can be had from a $200 card next gen I'll effectively be losing money when if I sell it now and buy something like a vega it'll hold it's value longer.

not that user, but having a USB port inside the case does help with things. Have an external drive laying around that you want to use as a main storage drive? Plug it in and keep it in the case.

That or if you're a server person, you can plug a couple rPi's into the ports.

patrician cases anons

eh I don't care about resale value of a PC component when I get it. I keep my stuff as long as possible. Does the card still do what you want it to? Why get rid of it?

And OK, I guess as far as the fan configurations. But flipping the radiators around point still stands. Their pumps should last longer.

Corsair and evga both say the tubes should be going into the button of the rad so that air bubbles get trapped in the "reseviour" on the top of the rad though?
The other upside here is there is great air flow going over the motherboard and lets me use a 1.45v setting on my b-die which lets me do ddr4-3733 cl17.
If you keep a component until it's worthless you lose money and eventually it won't be able to do what you want it to do as games become more graphically demanding. If you time your resell and pick your new hardware well you will always have top of the line performance. It doesn't make sense to drive hardware into the ground to me.
I'm also selling my 6600k before it takes yet another hit in value. I should have done so as soon as ryzen reviews came in(value dropped then) but now I won't be able to until after cfl-s which is going to make it worth like $90.

I'm tool lazy to read yalls chain of posts

but that config in picrelated is fucking dumb as a god eating his own shit.

GPU rad should ALWAYS ALWAYS be exhaust. It's disappating WAY more heat than the CPU rad and your components are cooking.

Make the GPU rad exhaust. It's not like you'll lose possitive pressure in doing so. Just do it.

No. GPU temps and motherboard temps go up. Tried it.

I'd love to know your testing methodology. Because I have a very similar setup and it's quite the opposite.

Never mind. I see the difference now. I have an s340, it's only got one fan at the top and two intakes on the front, and the front is the only place for the 240mm RAD.

That shit is bogus. What ever like I give a shit. My 1080 Ti never gets over 55c. And it only started hitting those temps after I overclocked my 4790k to 4.8GHz.

Of course I'm not a fucking pro or anything I just stressed the cpu and gpu and watched hwmonitor. But yeah it's probably because I have the two fans up top pulling the air out. I'm just barely maintaining positive pressure I think, the front panel on the p400 absolutely shits on the amount of air those 3 fans are moving.

You're sucking air bubbles through your pump. The bump on the other side of the radiator is a reservoir designed to trap air bubbles.
Nice camera, it catches the lighting well. In my p400 I run the light strips on both sides of the front rad.

>but why
Can Du Pont-style jumpers even be trusted to convey SuperSpeed signalling?

Always bet on black.

>You're sucking air bubbles through your pump. The bump on the other side of the radiator is a reservoir designed to trap air bubbles.

Care to explain further? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about

I have same CPU cooler as him set up same way as his. What do i do to fix the air bubble problem

R8

>(3.24 MB, 5312x2988)
>ridiculous lighting
>hella blown-out on top of that
2/10

You flip the radiator so the tubes are going into the bottom.
Look at both sides of the radiator. There is a "bump" thats actually a reservoir. The end with the tubes going into it needs to be at the bottom so that the air bubbles in the system can caught at the opposite end.
tl;dr: tubes go into BOTTOM end

heh

>All that money on poo fans
>Still using the stock cooler

Otherwise a nice build.

I wouldn't shark him for that
Poo fans are good although they ruin aesthetics and the AMD stock fans are pretty good

eh. Poo fans are good but over-rated imo. $25-$30 per fan and there are others out there that perform just as well. Just seems a waste to me. If those noctuas were the 3k RPM industrial fans, I'd say different.

I use Cougar Vortex 120/140mm PWM fans. Less than $20 new for the 140mm's.

Didn't buy the fans. Amazon sent them by accident.

>Order Berodynamic DT-990 pro
>Get second generation tesla headphones
Amazon fuck ups are great
Except for when I ordered my 1080ti and got a GT 210

HELL YEA, TEAM GREEN!

They 10's, I keep 'em clean though.

>Everything at 30C.

>GPU at 60C.

>While playing Sup Forumsidya.

How do I give better airflow to my GPU? Bottom fan?

What fan position options does your case have?
What are you running now?

Translation from russian: "$3000 PC"

New gpu cooler

nice thanks for the reply.

You welcome.

because its cool
can plug in usb drives, lights or power for peripheral

>gtx 1080
>1280x1024
why

These are the only actually interesting ones in here, everything else is standard parts and/or plug&play shit.

nice PCIe power cables on second GPU

>not a gamer

>bought an 1800X
>still uses a 7970
I mean, the 7970's still very relevant in 2017 for 1080p gaymen, but those priorities lol.

A E S T H I C

Because I fucking can!

if you're gonna be a timestamp fag then at least get a camera that doesn't look like it's covered in Vaseline

>1000W PSU

What the hell are you doing with that thing? I get it has 2-way SLI but that generally shouldn't use more than 750W.

it puts a lower load on the psu and it runs cooler. people like you know nothing about headroom or common sense. you should keep your whore mouth shut

dont forget the drop in output as a PSU ages