Become freelance webdev or programmer?

Become freelance webdev or programmer?

>Shit retail job started cutting hours and only making enough to pay monthly bills and be left with like $150

I'm in community college, but I rather do something like this as job #2 then have another shitty job with asshole bosses and shit hours.

Bump

if you need to ask Sup Forums about this sort of thing you are not passionate enough to go through with this sort of thing. You need confidence (a trait you lack) to do freelance work.

>t.freelance web dev

Ive dabbled into html/css and c#. Really enjoy both, but would like to know which has more money in freelancing.

>You need confidence (a trait you lack) to do freelance work.

Lmao where this assumption coming from? How much you make bud?

They are right. If you are ready for it you will know. I make enough to pay for college and anything else I want to do by software contracting. If OP has to ask Sup Forums, OP doesn't know shit and will fail.

Thats cool. What programming languages you use user?

Bump

freelancing doesnt work like that lmao

Elaborate please

Try to work formally for some time, and in your free time you make some connections with people that might like your work.

Then, when you can make sure you can pay your rent and basic spendings some months quit your job and go freelancer.

Have a portfolio and print business cards to deliver to pretty much everybody.

Thank you.
Anybody else with words of wisdom. Please share

ITT: A lot of people who have no clue how freelancing works.

Help me then, OP here

>quit your job and go freelancer.
frogposter OP wouldn't make it, needs to stick with his day job until he's actually ready. no he's not going to become to next bill gates or zuckerburg, or even stallman

one doesn't just "go freelancer" you need clients, an agency, otherwise he may as well keep working at the horrible retail job and develop something in his spare time. better safe than sorry

if you haven't made any money doing it, you are not a freelancer

until then you're a hobbyist. there's no point in chasing such delusions

>freelance meme

Get a real job
You'll learn more faster if you're in a collaborative environment

why is it when people decided suddenly me want to be programmar it has to fucking be meme webdev

Webdev is fucking awful

fuck off we're full

no one will pay you to write html/css. you can probably freelance c#. make a linkedin

most in-demand freelance work is obj-c and webdev. iphone apps and web services. there's a reason it's a "meme" it pays.

Shut up rajeesh.