Tfw hackintosh works better, more stable that Linux

>tfw hackintosh works better, more stable that Linux

it also looks better

>more stable that Linux
What kind of shit-tier distro were you running?

>tfw you realize linux is internally plagued with {{{systemd}}}
i think i should just bite the bullet and switch to osx

devuan

Nine thousand of true

you have to use homebrew though which is total trash software.e

Antegros. It failed at booting after i tried to install it on zfs partitions.

How is it thrash, kiddo?

you can pretend its not there but a ton of packages depend on it. the autists are dividing an already small community
systemd vs numerous retarded packages
wayland vs x11
musl vs glibc

linux was supposed to be THE operating system. this is what will kill it. time to pack my bags and move to os x

At least osx runs decently on a t420.

>tfw hackintosh thinkpad beats a macbook pro in benches thanks to apple(tm) throttling

wtf man this is illegal

Arch-based distros are for people who like to tinker. If you don't want some regular maintenance for fun, use something like Ubuntu, Fedora, or their derivatives. Maybe Centos

Can you maximize that window?

There's an app for that.

ikr

try some debian shit

owo

>tfw hackintosh doesnt work at all on many common hardware configurations

Use Arch Anywhere, its pure arch and you can choose what packages and apps you want at installation.

OwO

Fucking SV

systemd is based on launchd...

>hackintosh
are not you one of those freecuck pleb who hating on mac threads? but deep inside you want to own one
this is why i hate poorfag freecucks

Or you can just fucking install arch

How do you get that faggot version?
Firefox ftp?

>SUSHI IS DISGUSTING
>what sushi are you eating
>walmart, it was GROSS.

>install osx on leetbook
>objectively shittier than opensuse
Hmmm...

Nice op did you do vanilla or use tony fag tools

Blocks your path.
Also """hackintosh""" is everything but stable and have literally zero support.

>linux babby too stupid to install Arch turns out to be retarded
who would expect this crazy turn of events

Werks in my machineā„¢

That's literally it.

Have the correct hardware, great! Buy something not supported, get fucked.

All Hackintosh allows is for you to get locked into a certain subset of hardware.

>You have to buy a PC with an intel processor that didn't came out 13 minutes ago

>Oh my god that's like, 1 computer or 2 out there really

>CPU is the only hardware you need to be concerned about!

more stabler*

not him but most mobos are fine unless you buy super gaymen shit, nvidia cards work fine, most amd cards work fine

isn't zfs made for BSD stuff,
Why zfs and not betterfs ?

Sadly Mac OS doesn't support the wireless card of my laptop so I have to stick to shitsux.

just buy a compatible one and replace yours, they're like $15

It's made for solaris. Maybe autism.

>isn't zfs made for BSD stuff,
Solaris. From what I'm told, ZFS on *BSD and Linux are rather tacked on.

Except it isn't and most people would use it on a notebook.

>ZFS.

Really?

so just buy notebook that supports it fine problem solved

Support is like any linux distro: community driven

everything is better and more stable than linux. even TempleOS.

>Install and distrohop through Kubuntu, openSUSE, Fedora and Manjaro
>The one that everyone says is shit and unstable (Manjaro) is the only one that lets me open magnet links, play videos after installing mpv right away and use some implementation of Google Drive that doesn't take 13 fucking minutes to open a single folder
>Still crashing left and right, panels restarting whenever I want to do anything that might change them
>Have to deal with gtk applications half of the time not looking like qt ones, no matter what I do
>You either get software that's so simple you can maybe do 2 or 3 things (geary) or have 70 fucking menus with 2600 different options (Kmail)
>Font rendering shit by default
>Not a single decent player that also has a GUI
>Composition ruining performance, different compositors and jerryrigging shit to make them work well
>Not a single good graphic design application (Krita is the least worst and it's still pretty pathetic)
>Mouse feeling like trash even after enabling a flat acceleration profile
>Want to make my dualshock 3 with some native linux games? Better put up with xboxdrv and constantly connecting/disconnecting the gamepad until it fucking works, also forget about bluetooth altogether

>Switch back to hackintosh
>Put 3 files in folders (native audio/power management/hfs)
>Everything works
>No tearing, no shitty performance with its compositor, font rendering is just ok
>No gamepad issues
>All I have to do with my mouse is download exactmouse and there's 0 acceleration or input lag
>Cog player fork is just right
>The best frontend for mpv, IINA
>Applications in general look consistent
>Google drive working flawlessly

Biggest lie ever.

I've had a Hackintosh for over a year and use it professional with ZERO fucking issues.

Just do it right and use approved hardware and you're good to go.

Just be smart about it and install vanilla and inject kexts from the EFI partition and don't use gay shit like MultiBeast from TonyMacFag.

>red hat
>community support
It's not cheap but still better support than wangblows do for money.

>Hackintosh
>professional
Just buy a fucking mac.

All software seems stable if you don't do anything productive with it. Hackintoshing is inherently unreliable because it tries to fix anti-patterns in software development (forced OS vendor lock to the point of bullying Oracle into removing support from Virtualbox) with more anti-patterns. MacOS is intentionally broken, not unintentionally, and you just can't work around that without sacrificing all reasonable guarantees of reliability.

If these people tried submitting Linux kernel patches, they'd get yelled at by Torvalds.

I had a 12core Cheesegrater but single core performance got slow.

Also I wanted to do VR and put a GTX1080 in there (which at the time wasn't supported under macOS).

And 2013 Mac Pro is useless.

So no thanks, m8, I'm pretty happy with my MBP + Hackintosh combo :^)

what this user said

huh I haven't ran a hackintosh since 2006 actually, what hardware are you running on?

It could crash back then too, but it was absolutely possible. Of 2/3 boxes I had I got it running

Fucking bullshit m8. I've been pushing my Hackintosh really hard for over a year with ZERO issues.

macOS doesn't really have "drivers" as it works right out of the box. The only things that are funky are audio kexts, LAN/Wifi and GPU. That's it.

If you get approved hardware you're pretty much set.

It's literally the only other mainstream OS with mainstream software still being developed (ie Adobe, etc).

Now go fuck yourself for spreading useless info.

The non-multibeast method is not simple but you're right, it's pretty stable. I've been using Sierra since september and through updates I haven't had issues like my sound crapping itself or anything similar. Heck I could even use night shift when it came out, which I know gives some trouble in my X220 but fortunately it's easy as piss to fix.

The thing is, if you can use a linux distro on a regular basis you shouldn't have issues with fucking hackintosh nowadays. Unless you just copypaste the Arch wiki twice over every fucking time you have a problem, that is.

>2013 Mac Pro is useless
Opinion discarded.

It's actually pretty simple to do Vanilla installs.

If you need Wifi/BT (for Handoff with iOS devices) just get a OOB card thats like $60 and no need for kexts.

Now that's out of the way, the only thing left is audio and you can use AppleALC which is so easy to set up, it's not even funny.

Now audio is out of the way, the only thing left is FakeSMC and maybe InteliMausi kext for your LAN.

Now those two are out of the way, the only thing left is your nVidia WebDrivers (AMD works out of the box, depending on model).

Now you're set.

Loonix is fucking garbage.

The only thing closest to Loonix that has mainstream software support is macOS.

If you despise Windows, but you need mainstream software like Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc., then you need a Hackintosh.

It's overpriced, desu.

The GPUs are old as fuck too.

>macOS doesn't really have "drivers" as it works right out of the box.
I thought we were on Sup Forums.

>Buy dated or expensive hardware
>Or buy proper hardware that is 100% compatible with hackintosh and have it work essentially the same way except for the bootloader, including all that crap like Messages and FaceTime

No contest. The only argument there is with laptops, to be honest. Fuck, now there's native support for NVMe and APFS works with third party drives just fine too with 10.13, so I don't even see the point.

Known issues for my current rig (x201):

>Using VoodooHDA, It cannot switch between internal speaker and external earphone automatically. you need to go to System Preferences->Sound to select the device you want to use.

Using patched AppleHDA, external MIC does not work when it plugs in. only internal MIC works. - see if this patched Applehda works for your model. You'll need to add HDAEnalber=Yes to boot.plist.
>USB does not work after sleep - look above for a work-around/cheap fix

Nigga what?

actually it's not even that hard if you have a haswell or later cpu, I spent more time virtualizing macos and making the usb then installing the os itself
gpu was somehow problematic but that's because I have an amd card

made me kek

Also Vega works Out of the Box in 10.13.

So does the RX580/480 without an iGPU helper.

It's the perfect time for a Hackintosh, desu.

>works better, more stable

it makes no sense why you would do this, go like that on the internet to tell lies to people

what are you even talking about?

>Using VoodooHDA

You need to nuke that install and start over and do it right via Vanilla method.

What are you talking about, it does have drivers. It's just bundled with them. There's even downloadable drivers for Nvidia cards.

kexts are drivers you fucking idiot

Kernel EXTenSions

'drivers' is the windows word

and on linux you would call them modules.

now fuck off.

Everything has drivers.

An OS doesn't not have drivers just because you decide it. If you bake all the drivers you need into your Linux kernel it doesn't make your system any more "driverless".

Basically, he should just fuck off.

what he meant is that you don't have to download and install programs to make things work like you would do on windows
he even used quotation marks holy fuck

There are shills for everything on Sup Forums. Funnily only Linux fags are after windows users. Everybody else fights against Linux.

What I'm saying is, it works out of the box and you don't need to install any shitty drivers like chipset, etc.

kexts are injected on the fly from the fucking EFI partition, so technically you're not "installing" drivers from any setup programs.

Now go suck a cuck you pedantic cuck.

This, desu.

Sup Forums are a bunch of fags trying to belittle every little thing because of re: autism. They know exactly what I meant.

That's what you get for listening to the morons on here claiming Manjaro is a crippled distro. I've tried to install Antergos multiple times with no success, yet Manjaro KDE and Manjaro Gnome (goddamn it's gorgeous) have installed with no issue.

I need to get through that process. I'm already in hackintosh but I used multibeast for this shit, however it'd be neat to make a normal USB installer the way you're describing instead of going through that tool again.

Holy christ how do I permanently block this faggot?

Genkernel doesn't means you don't need drivers.

yes welcome to how unix/linux work, i welcome you into 1990's

you do need to chipset kexts for some motherboards and such

injecting is loading a module btw

or you could just stop being a fucking child and actually install arch instead of using some weird looking knockoffs
seriously, is this even Sup Forums anymore?

>B-but loonix is unstable

Sorry, unibeast. *beast, whatever. They have like 20 tools that are called beast, I don't know why. The webside says "Tonymac", what the fuck does "Tony" have to do with "beast" huh

don't bully her

dont use tonyfaggot tools do it vanilla way where you install kexts to your efi like white man

I don't think that was what he was trying to imply user.

>her
He have a feminine (micro) penis.

Also a lie.

When will you stop lying?

Just wondering though, aside from learning how to do it yourself, what's the real difference?

>it also works on 80% less systems because no drivers

MacOS didn't even boot, while every Linux distro I used worked perfectly.

> using an Arch install helper
> being this retarded

vanilla hackintosh keeps your system clean and kexts, patches etc in efi

>Manjaro

ugly, bloated shit

>I don't know how to change a setting on my BIOS

>he have to change bios settings to use an illegal os

care to explain how is that a lie?