/sqt/

Stupid Questions Thread.
Not halal or kosher.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/lesspass/core/blob/master/dist/lesspass.js#L2238
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_virus
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/
pastebin.com/raw/ELUQdsvx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally who?

Hudson Leick.
Learn how to reverse search.

what happened to dwight?

It's a good start to a thread for stupid questions.

What's up with Xena images on sqt lately?

best android emulator for pc? Heard good things about andy, so im kinda leaning towards that

Dilduino.

this
also why the antisemitism

>first result

geanymotion

My Galaxy S8's mic isn't functioning properly. When I use Messenger to send voice messages, it doesn't register my voice or anything. Only static. Google app doesn't hear me, nor does Samsung notes. Funny enough when make videos on my S8, it hears me as clear as day. Any ideas Sup Forums?

I would like to have a home server. What kind of hardware should I look for ? I have read a few anons talking about hpe gen8 being good. Is there any recent hardware similar ? Or should I take a ryzen 3 and built one myself ? I got a 600€ budget.

*genymotion

Best way to encode gifs properly?
I'm using ffmpeg but it outputs quite huge gifs and generating a palette each time is quite annoying.

anyone using the amazon fire tv stick to stream with Kodi ? would rec ?

He is right tho

Is there any free good media server that have webui other than plex?

My school email is some shitty outlook express account. It's impossible to get it to forward emails to my real email. Is there any way some email client can resolve the matter?

How do you fix the qbittorrent search function?
no matter what i search, i rarely get any results, and even when i do they're super obscure and irrelevant
i tried updating the plugins and they're all good
cant seem to figure out whats going wrong here

Chink lightning cables, do they work?

Bixby seems to work as well... This bug is weird af.

I've been here since 2008
For good or for bad, It's clear I'm here for ever...

I want to make a name for myself, and become a tripfag.

Is there any GPGPU tripcode brute force finder?

Are trip codes board static, or are they salted per board?

kankerkneus met je kanker OP

Oh shit is she the blonde chick from Xena?

>MPC-HC
>don't play low quality avi video file
>game is smooth as butter
>play low quality avi video file
>game drops frames
it even fucks with my input

trying with VLC now and it seems less noticable but still there

my hardware is more than capable of handling what i throw at it

so what's the problem

Is hosting your own email server a viable option, and if so, how do I get started? I already have an i5 3570 I use as a plex media server, could I use that?

get a domain (technically optional, but you will probably want one), learn how to setup postfix/dovecot or whatever other mail server you want to use
you can make a mail server out of basically anything, raspberry pi, a 25 year old pentium shitbox, old android cellphone, you name it

In mpv, when you pass a few arguments that are filenames to static images, each image is displayed with a delay before displaying the next one.

Is there a way to configure this delay?

you are in the wrong neighbourhood, hillary

Upload the file, I'll take a look at it. Otherwise, try with mpv.

hillaryous

continuing from last thread;
github.com/lesspass/core/blob/master/dist/lesspass.js#L2238

Can somebody explain what he is doing whenever a specific template for example only letters is passed, what does he do to the pbkdf generated not allowed characters?

------------------------------------

user said the password is being generated until it reaches the length - but how really (since it cant be just random) and what is the pbkdf for?

Why does my windows guest under proxmox show the real RAM usage thanks to virtio, but fails to free RAM to the host system? since if I htop I see constantly the full max RAM being reserved.

Is there any way to import all torznab links with categories directly to sonarr? or do I really have to go through like 40 links manually?

I want to install GNU+Linux on my laptop and I was thinking about Ubuntu, but from what I read the next version will be using Wayland and it seems like it's a clusterfuck with proprietary nVidia drivers so does that mean I will not be able to use my graphics card properly and will be forced to use the integrated one?

It means they'll probably get it fixed by the time the next version is out.

Anyway, not like you'll be using your card for much in a laptop.

>Is hosting your own email server a viable option, and if so, how do I get started?
Yeah, but it can be a little labor intensive depending on what you want to support.

>I already have an i5 3570 I use as a plex media server, could I use that?
No, your home Internet connection doesn't have good enough availability. You would want to set up a little $5/mo VPS somewhere and do the postfix/exim + dovecot thing with SSL certs from Let's Encrypt.

Two things I learned doing mine are outgoing email from your_domain needs to be sent from your_domain's SMTP server, and don't even think about delivering mail to local user accounts on the VPS. Just make all the mail users virtual and forward local accounts in /etc/aliases.

Multiple programs using the GPU? Try playing your video in software rendering mode

Wayland may be the default, but they're going to have a fallback X session for a long time.

I can't drag and drop tabs anymore after the recent Nightly update, what do?

pls i need to know this

>write program
>compile it, generating an executable
>run it
>it takes forever (like 2-3 hours)
>meanwhile make some changes to the code
I am here
>compile it again (while it's still running)
>???

This should be fine, right? The running program is already loaded in RAM (it's a relatively simple thing so assume no weird stuff like dynamically loaded libraries/assests and shit), so if I recompile to re-generate the executable, nothing should happen to the running process, and then I can run the new version while the old one is still running, right?

Literally buy a Raspberry Pi, set up ssh and what you wanna host, then throw it into a corner with a power socket and forget about it

If you're paranoid then just by a licence, I really didn't read anything that convinced me, they're just recommend by so many people. and I know a lot of people who have used them that have never had an issue.

Can anyone recommend any good EU-based refurb retailers, preferably some with Thinkpads in stock? Been looking for a T420 for two weeks now but /tpg/ couldn't help and Ebay failed me

Can anyone recommend me a fre vpn which doesn't have data cap per day ?

I think the executable file will be locked to prevent you overwrite it, then the 2nd compiled exe can't replace the older one while it's running

That makes sense, I'll test it once it has finished its run to confirm.

For now I just compiled it to "executable2"

what worthwhile does photoshop cc 2017 has over cs3? i dont like how they started using their own window design from cs4

How much is a Xeon E3-1230v2 worth?

what if I [spoiler]vape[/spoiler] by my pc?

About 325 new but I've seen some used for about 70-100.

My brother installed some unknown software and it installed multiple malware with it.
I ran Malwarebytes, adwcleaner and roguekilller antimalware and they all deleted multiple infected files.
Im still seeing cmd randomly opening and closing and i think it is still there, what more can i do to remove it ?

If you mean Callisto, yes. She was portrayed by Hudson Leick.
If you mean Gabrielle, Xena's clumsy friend, no. She was portrayed by Renee O'Connor.

Why is javascript considered a meme language here when it literally powers the internet?

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

run it as administrator
in options hide microsoft stuff
re-run scan
go see whats being automaticly started after boot

also Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup is one of the good ones

but reinstall is only thing that gives peace of mind

It will get the autism

it has its quirks and shortcomings
it also transitioned in to desktop world where it should not
and its extremely popular
everything thats popular is hated

Thanks i will try

What is the best codecs to watch animu. I'm probably running some old ass CCCP stuff but it's been giving me issues lately. Like the entire screen would freeze for a second when opening a new video.

Bought a nearly new Verizon Galaxy S6 from a friend of a friend for $150. He said it was unlocked.

I have AT&T. I thought I could just slip an AT&T SIM in and it would work. But I took it to the AT&T store and the guy put a new one in and said it's not working. I come home and realize that I can make phone calls but no LTE.

So looking at forums and stuff some people ate saying it has different bands and it wont get LTE, others are saying all verizon phones are unlocked out of the box, some say you need to mess with the APN settings.

Is there a way to make it work?

TL;DR. Verizon "unlocked" phone with AT&T chip: how do i make it work with LTE and not just calling?

you might not have the supported bands for lte on gsm

So... I should try to get my money back

facebook question(s)

some random girl added me a while ago but i didn't respond to her friend request

how does it work when she seemingly has only a dozen friends but hundreds of followers? where did all the followers come from? are there hidden friends? it's not the thing where it only shows mutual friends, i'm not friends with any of her friends

she literally wrote in a public post that she's looking for a boyfriend so i'm hesitant to accept her request in case she's going to try and chat me up... she's not bad looking but she's not my ideal type and i don't want to spend time dealing with girls and pretending to be a normie

whaz?

it's a fake
probably some poor asian kid with no future that wants to use you to get a visa/passport/marriage

ok yeah it seems to be a fake profile. thanks user

why do some sata to usb cables have an extra male usb plug for power? is it for 3.5 in hard drives? the one i currently have works fine without it

I've never used Skype before but now I have to because of an upcoming job interview.

I have to pay for this shit? I thought it was free.

Skype is free for voice and video calling over internet, Skype credit is for sending text messages and calling phone numbers

it's for 2,5 inch drives of which 1 USB port doesn't supply enough power (this happens with some USB ports)
3,5 inch drives always require external power

thanks dude. im probably coming off extremely stupid, but how do I use the free part then? Seems the only available option is the Call button which presents me with the credit error

Can an office file really contain a virus?

>what are VBA macros
I mean theoretically there's supposed to be sandboxing and protections in place, but microsoft doesn't exactly have the best track record in security, so better safe than sorry.

Is there any mirror of plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib somewhere?

Whats a good desk chair in general for around $200-$300? Don't even care if it's one of the racing ones.

What's a nice cheap tablet I can read manga and watch some Hentai on?

Top left, click the Plus and add someone, then you can call/text them

decent low end tablets?

is there a way for me to test it internally? when I do that and add myself I am still presented with the Credits option when attempted to call using the top right button

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_virus

So I woke up, turned my computer on, and the audio decided it doesn't want to work. It's happened before but I can't remember how I fixed it.

I'm on Windows 7 using my old TV as a secondary monitor and also for audio. The HDMI cable itself is clearly working as the TV is turned on and I'm using it right now, it isn't muted, the volume isn't turned down on the TV itself or in my system's settings, it's set to the default playback device and of course enabled because it was working yesterday, and when running the audio playback troubleshooter it claims it isn't plugged in. I've tried unplugging the HDMI cable and putting it back in, restarting the computer, and disabling the device and re-enabling it. The results I'm getting from googling it aren't exactly helpful (e.g. "make sure you enable the device! :-) ") What else is there for me to try?

i was fucking around with making partitions and installing distros on my SSD and now everything thinks it's 230 GB not 250. parted, fdisk, everything wtf happened to my 20 GB and how do I get it back??

You probably made a partition sized 230GiB, formatted it, then deleted the partition somehow and made a new 250GiB one without formatting it again.
Just format the partition and you should be good.

I just downloaded these

MS Toolkit
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483
pastebin.com/raw/ELUQdsvx

The sha1 checkes out, are the sources 'safeish'? am I ready for the windows 10 LTSB meme? I know I'll be taking something up the ass but I would rather it be from microsoft then some ransomware from some unknown hacker.

Im a pleb from Sup Forums who likes playing videogames. I always wanted to build a top of the line rig and I just got my first ever paycheck (was a NEET for a long time).

Is £500 good value for a GTX1080? Americans keep in mind that everything is really expensive here in the UK

Anyone?

that's not bad. I mean it's a good card and will be bound to get a solid 3+ years before something else worth it comes out.

Add someone else? When you add someone there will be buttons at the top to call them

What's the best distro to learn how to use linux?
Any good manuals?

so is the threadripper true baller or is it all just hype?

Thanks

Mint or any Ubuntu flavor.
Lurking the forums is usually a good idea to resolve a particular problem. Also if you want help about a specific command, use man command

Does anybody know what Twitter app is this? I tried a few ones and none look like that

Looks to be true baller. 4.0 GHz on all 16 cores is insane. And with how good the ryzen cpus have been it should be good.

whats a good program for RSS feeds

When buying a 2nd hand laptop do you go for

Grade A 1366x768
or
Grade B 1600x900

What the fuck? I was going to use the tablet input panel but it isn't showing up in the start menu. The math input panel is showing up but not the tablet one. Googling tells me to enable the tablet PC components option in the Windows features but it's already enabled. If I'm remembering right, it would open up automatically with my old tablet so I thought plugging in my current one would maybe somehow make it open or at least show up in the start menu again but it doesn't look like it.

What should I do? Reinstalling the tablet drivers likely won't do anything as this is an issue with Windows. Also, I'm running 7.

that only happens on windows